Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading

This is a discussion on Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Hi Roberk and welcome frankC I cant not understand why more traders from trade2win are not trying tradergames out, I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:39am   #43
Joined Nov 2003
Hi Roberk

and welcome frankC

I cant not understand why more traders from trade2win are not trying tradergames out, I feel you got a better chance of winning over the normal way of trading. margin is so low at 50 pound, that is if you enter a 50 pound game with a 200 pot - the house takes 5%commistion

So if you are trading for a 190 pound pot you not risking no more than 50 quid. Along with this tradergames have change the game so the winner having 75% of the pot and second place 25% of the pot. just like roberk said in his last post. I think this is great odds.

In the near future you can trade the Dow indices and more. I have had a few games put don't want to give my player name well not yet. just a personnel thing.dont like traders looking over my shoulder to see how im doing. I know roberk don't mind this, but we are all different. This could be with other traders also on trade2win,they might be playing the games but don't wish to talk about it. It could be an ego thing. Who knows.

I have stopped trading because they have narrowed the spread on USE/SEK and I did not have the charts for it so I could not scalp it. I just had my new charting software today only to see they have put the spread back up. Ho well.

It's still early days in the coming months I would say we be trading 24 hours a day. There are increasingly more sighning up.and no I dont work for them LOL. I just think its a great way to trade.

sun
cj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:50am   #44
Joined Feb 2005
Hi sun123, you are right about incredibly low margin of this game, not to mention how one can improve his/her trading just by watching pros like roberk in real-time. Just a quick question: how can I see what has been bought or sold while watching a game. The only thing visible is the amount and the price under Recent Trades.
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:16am   #45
Joined Nov 2003
Hi Frank

They have done away with that. if you look you can work it out.example if a trader as bought EUR/USD and the price is moving up with the traders money you know he long. but I would say concentrate on your game more. and if you are winning and in the last 30 mins to go, a trader is catching you up just buy or sell what ever he is trading.

The last few days since they only had a 2 tick spread on USD/SEK the winners are usually in the 200.000.before this, you could win a game on 40.000 to 90.000 but they have put the spread back up to 20 ticks. So I would say you would need less to win. We see how it goes. But you got to adapt to new situations the same with normal trading

Also frank you got to remember it's not the amount of trades roberk does. lets say he makes 180 trades. Most of these is scaling out. so actual trades he may make about 30 to 60 scalping. He the best to answer you this.though.

sun
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:38am   #46
Joined Feb 2005
Thanks sun for your response. As roberk mentioned before, the competition is fierce in this game. I usually trade on a 30min. chart, and swing trade using candle signals, and slow stochastics. Result is ok, and I am happy with it, but to enter these 2, or 4hr. games, I certainly need to change the style of my trading, otherwise no way to compete. Perhaps need to move into a shorter timeframe, 5min/tick charts, and scalp. Scalping is the toughest thing to do in trading, and I do salute those successful scalpers. By the way, what do you mean by scaling out. Cheers.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:57am   #47
Joined Nov 2003
Hi Frnak

What I mean by scaling out is you put all of you position on of the max 49 lots and once the position starts going in your favour you scale out 5lots here 5 lots there you could scale out till you target is hit,that could be 15 point or 25 points.

sun
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:15pm   #48
Joined Feb 2005
Thanks again sun. Sorry to ask you all these stupid questions. So by scaling out, initially you are risking all your money (49 lots) for the target of, say 25 points. What if the position goes in a wrong direction, and your down 10 points. At what point do you cut your losses. Cheers.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:38pm   #49
Joined Feb 2005
No worry mate, you don't need to reply. I was just wondering about the e-mail I sent to tradergames.com couple days ago. No reply yet! To me it doesn't matter how stupid the idea is, but at least a reply would be highly appreciated. Called the number in the contact list, and an old Irish lady picked up the phone, and said it was a wrong number! Tried the # couple times with no avail. Should I really trust this company with my credit card #