How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

This is a discussion on How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!! within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I am asking this because I have yet to find the answer on the internet EVER!!! Is it 50 pips ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:44pm   #1

Joined Oct 2009
How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

I am asking this because I have yet to find the answer on the internet EVER!!! Is it 50 pips per week or 500 pips per week?

I've seen results of forex competition winners who claim 1000's percent return in a month... not interested in a month return but at least six, and pips made rather please.

There will no doubt be the normal sarcastic answers to this like: "it's not the pips but the return that matters" and "no pro counts pips but £ returns" and "it's all about money management"....

A trader either has a system that delivers a certain (consistent) amount of pips per week or not. How traders decide to leverage their account is not up for discussion and is their own business.

Please only answer this if you honestly deliver an average over at least 6 months...and PLEASE, no rookie's please who have had 2 weeks of good trading and now think they can educate the world!!!

I would like to hear from the more experienced forum traders, moderators etc... I bet there will not be a direct answer to this direct question!!
BlueChilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 8:59pm   #2

Joined Jan 2007
Re: How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChilli View Post
There will no doubt be the normal sarcastic answers to this like: "it's not the pips but the return that matters" and "no pro counts pips but £ returns" and "it's all about money management"....

A trader either has a system that delivers a certain (consistent) amount of pips per week or not. How traders decide to leverage their account is not up for discussion and is their own business.
Translation: "I don't want to hear why what I'm saying is stupid"
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: zupcon , Razorsharp , barryb , maiden22
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:03pm   #3

Joined Oct 2009

BlueChilli started this thread I rest my case...like a bear to honey..

arabiannights...how many pips per week do you make on average?, simple question is it not? If you do not wish to answer this simple question then please don't post an answer
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:11pm   #4

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2009

Whats it got to do with you ?

Worry about your own pips mate.
Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:15pm   #5

Joined Jan 2007

Quote:
I rest my case...like a bear to honey..

arabiannights...how many pips per week do you make on average?, simple question is it not? If you do not wish to answer this simple question then please don't post an answer
How many flibbydodongs do you shallowbelly per mincemeat on average?
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:16pm   #6

Joined Oct 2009

BlueChilli started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
Whats it got to do with you ?

Worry about your own pips mate.
Well, I'm asking because I can not find any indication what successful traders are doing consistently, I know what I'm doing per week.If everyone comes back and says they're doing 300 pips per week and I'm doing 20 pips week then I would by how much I am falling short....

the thing is, ask a simple question in forex on a forum and you'd be amazed how you would NOT get a simple answer!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:17pm   #7

Joined Jan 2007

Or to put it another way

The problem is not your question as such, which is stupid - but it is understandable why you would ask it.

It is, however, your insistence that your question has any validity at all after being told that it doesn't that marks you out as a window licker.

Thanks! The following members like this post: sinimini
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:20pm   #8

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Well, I'm asking because I can not find any indication what successful traders are doing consistently, I know what I'm doing per week.If everyone comes back and says they're doing 300 pips per week and I'm doing 20 pips week then I would by how much I am falling short....

the thing is, ask a simple question in forex on a forum and you'd be amazed how you would NOT get a simple answer!!
Maybe its not a simple answer after all. Success is in this game is individual . If you pull out 10 pips consitently , then you are successful at a level.

There is not really a benchmark of pips as such, just what ones own psyche can acheive.
Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:20pm   #9

Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
How many flibbydodongs do you shallowbelly per mincemeat on average?
seriously arabian....if you're not going to answer a 'simple' question then all you're being is a forum tart. so please go spread your legs somewhere else..
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:24pm   #10

Joined Jan 2007

Better a tart than a re-tart...

Thanks! The following members like this post: shadowninja
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:24pm   #11

Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
Maybe its not a simple answer after all. Success is in this game is individual . If you pull out 10 pips consitently , then you are successful at a level.

There is not really a benchmark of pips as such, just what ones own psyche can acheive.
mmmm, yes. but, all I have asked is how many pips you are doing per week? I won't judge you at all, other forum tarts probably will, I would just like to know of those that are making positive pips week in week out and how much it is. I think all newbies and aspiring traders would like to know
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:27pm   #12

Joined Oct 2009

BlueChilli started this thread btw, arabiannightie is obviously avoiding the question so I suspect he talks the talk but has a carrot up his backside when he walks the walk...nice way to gain respect dude...i'm sure to hang on your every word from now on
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:28pm   #13

Joined Jan 2007

How about you explain why it is a sensible question first? Anyone who knows anything can give you a zillion reasons it's ridiculous.

Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:31pm   #14

Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
How about you explain why it is a sensible question first? Anyone who knows anything can give you a zillion reasons it's ridiculous.
okay, give me 2 reasons why it's a ridiculous question?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 9:34pm   #15

Joined Nov 2004

Quote:
I would just like to know of those that are making positive pips week in week out and how much it is. I think all newbies and aspiring traders would like to know
A mate of mine usually makes a NEGATIVE number of pips each week and still averages around 20% a month. I also knew a guy who made an amazing 13,000 pips in a month, but still lost 11% of his account doing so

As Arabian has kindly pointed out, its a question worthy of a window licker.
zupcon is offline   Reply With Quote