Started trading with Capital Spreads

This is a discussion on Started trading with Capital Spreads within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Bigbusiness you are right, that is why I have kept my Deal4Free account despite the misgivings. It is still the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:00pm   #15

Joined Dec 2001
Bigbusiness you are right, that is why I have kept my Deal4Free account despite the misgivings.

It is still the best of the bunch!

JonnyT
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:01pm   #16
Joined Oct 2003
Hi Big business
we match their order functionality, but d4f offer the tight spreads because they base thier systems on using the daily rolling scenario. In the long run you will lose trading on this basis but the cost is such a slight drip drip drip that most clients dont even notice it and only focus on the original price.

sorry bystander... hijacked your site for a second

Simon
capitalspreads is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:01pm   #17
mma
Joined Aug 2003
Oh Boy ,

Mr Bystander , you are not a lucky guy are you ? why ? coz you ran into me and I will say this that I think IG are basically downright cheats with the worst dealing standards in the industry.

[Editor's note: Parts of this post have been removed as potentially libellous]
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:06pm   #18
mma
Joined Aug 2003
* but d4f offer the tight spreads because they base thier systems on using the daily rolling scenario. In the long run you will lose trading on this basis but the cost is such a slight drip drip drip *

I don't see how this happens . Also the daily rolling product is a good idea , it saves one from verbally rolling over - good idea.
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:12pm   #19

Joined Dec 2001
Simon,

I day trade so deal4free still offer the best deal. They also offer next month bets with tight spreads. Sometimes if I feel like holding a short overnight, I am paid a small amount of interest. It only works against you if you hold the bet for a long time. But then I would use the monthly bet.

The competition is slowly catching up but none of the other companies seem to be able to match their spreads.
Bigbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:18pm   #20
Joined Jan 2003
Simon,
is that spread on Dec Nas correct....0.4pts??

cheers
2468steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 1:24pm   #21
Joined Oct 2003
If you want to close a position with d4f you must trade on their spread again ..whereas with the other SB companies the daily markets mostly close at a fixed price. (no spread) except for shares which generally close on the bid offer market price.

So that although d4f look cheap to actually make a trade you are comitting yourself to another. Thus the tight spread looks less attractive when you realise you must pay it again to close the bet.

Also from the viewpoint of a professional trader the fact that bets are effectively endless encourages the running of loss making postions. Remembed the first cut is the cheapest.
capitalspreads is offline Broker   Reply With Quote