Sterling 2017

This is a discussion on Sterling 2017 within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by counter_violent Sure but this was my point on the EURUSD thread, fear and greed trump even the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:09pm   #17
Joined Jul 2008
forker started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Sure but this was my point on the EURUSD thread, fear and greed trump even the fundamentals some of the time. Irrational markets.
Sure but these are never lasting influences.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:15pm   #18
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
Sure but these are never lasting influences.
Yep sure, and my comments are not directed at traders who know what they are doing. More directed at those who don't understand and run out of money before the penny drops.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:49pm   #19

Joined Nov 2006
Markets always calculate forward potential earning and factor into current prices.

Markets could be wrong I guess. It's full of experts init?
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:50pm   #20
Joined Sep 2011
Hello Forker, saw this thread and thought i would share the charting i have been doing for a group of swedes, cant say more than that but can share chart progress as have no NDA.
They have asked the big question ( brexiit- soft or hard -- cut now or hold. so far ive helped them get out of some holdings at 11,70, but the crystal ball that was once shouting the obvious is now somewhat translucent. Any opinions would be good. Also attached Eur /gbp wyckoff schematic for Eur gbp if that helps anyone. Happy for the resident Wyckoff expert to tear it apart constructively if needs be.
Also included a pic of Dwayne Dibley
Attached Thumbnails
1.png   2.png   3.png  

4.png   5.png   6.png  

7.png   8.png   9.png  

10.png   11.png   12.png  

13.png   14.png   15.png  

16.png   17.png   18.png  

19.png   eur-gbp-babson-loose.png   wyckoff-accumulation-cycle-euro-gbp.png  

dwaynedibley.png  
MajorMagnuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:45pm   #21
Joined Jul 2008
forker started this thread I did a ton of work on median lines - that's where I chose this alias. Everything you have posted here is very familiar territory. From what I remember you traded intraday, do you also do long term stuff?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:27am   #22
Joined Jul 2008
forker started this thread So if Boris J is right about a trade agreement with the USA on mutual shared interests, then we could have a preliminary base ready to sign on article 50. Furthermore, it should become a template for similar trade deals globally. The difference with eu trade deals is they take a long time due to lobbying and creation of complex rules, versus something far more streamlined.

March I will be opening a position in this currency for sure.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:22pm   #23
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
It's all speculation at this point. UK is still in the EU and growing well making the valuation as it stands heavily deviated from where it should be.
Pound still holds well above 1.20. I wonder what are the news or updates on Brexit which can add some more bearish pressure to cut through this support?
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:05pm   #24
Joined Apr 2012
$ looks overvalued - can't see £ dropping any further
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote