Cashmaster PIE

This is a discussion on Cashmaster PIE within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Becks100 The might well be some merit with Hav Trading. I've only back-tested to the start of ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:59pm   #241
 
5 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks100 View Post
The might well be some merit with Hav Trading.

I've only back-tested to the start of 2016 and results so far have been very good. I recently opened some trades in my IG demo account.

Not sure how this would perform in periods of high volatility or when markets tank.

Regards
Becks
Hi Becks

I've got a copy of this too......what % profit target does your copy suggest, and stake size per trade? The copy I have is old, and I believe they've adjusted certain parts of the system since the original.

Cheers
greggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:43am   #242
Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggyboy View Post
Hi Becks

I've got a copy of this too......what % profit target does your copy suggest, and stake size per trade? The copy I have is old, and I believe they've adjusted certain parts of the system since the original.

Cheers
Hi there Greggy,

Just finished some back-testing on this and I do think it is the real deal. Actually placed some trades in the last few weeks, but only in my demo a/c.

My manual is from Feb 2015 and the % target is 5%, although it talks about having a lower % if required. Stake depends upon size of bank, attitude to risk etc. There's a table to work it out e.g.

Bank %Risk Max risk Index price Stake
£10k 14 1400 11200 1.25

Personally I would change a few things, such as using a trailing stop loss.
Did a dummy DAX trade a few weeks ago @ 12595. Price is now 12870 so rather than leave the stop loss at 11865 as per original setup, I moved it up to 12750 to protect the profit so far.

I'd also change the time a trade is open. I would prefer to close a trade at the quarter end rather than roll over, but that's just me tweaking things.

Hope that helps

Becks
Becks100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:21pm   #243
 
2 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks100 View Post
Hi there Greggy,

Just finished some back-testing on this and I do think it is the real deal. Actually placed some trades in the last few weeks, but only in my demo a/c.

My manual is from Feb 2015 and the % target is 5%, although it talks about having a lower % if required. Stake depends upon size of bank, attitude to risk etc. There's a table to work it out e.g.

Bank %Risk Max risk Index price Stake
£10k 14 1400 11200 1.25

Personally I would change a few things, such as using a trailing stop loss.
Did a dummy DAX trade a few weeks ago @ 12595. Price is now 12870 so rather than leave the stop loss at 11865 as per original setup, I moved it up to 12750 to protect the profit so far.

I'd also change the time a trade is open. I would prefer to close a trade at the quarter end rather than roll over, but that's just me tweaking things.


Hope that helps

Becks
Hi Becks

Do you divide the max risk into the index price to get the stake size?

Thanks
jeff4ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:30am   #244
Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4ex View Post
Hi Becks

Do you divide the max risk into the index price to get the stake size?

Thanks
The other way round actually, divide the max risk by 10% of the index price. Or in excel:
=SUM(M39)/(N39*0.1)
Where M39 = max risk column
Where N39 = index price

And don't forget you can always have a different % risk. For back testing I was using the 14% the author used, but for some real trades I've done 10%, but equally you could use 7.5% or even 5%.

I'm thinking of starting a separate thread purely for HAV trading

Cheers
Becks
Becks100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:40am   #245
 
2 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks100 View Post
The other way round actually, divide the max risk by 10% of the index price. Or in excel:
=SUM(M39)/(N39*0.1)
Where M39 = max risk column
Where N39 = index price

And don't forget you can always have a different % risk. For back testing I was using the 14% the author used, but for some real trades I've done 10%, but equally you could use 7.5% or even 5%.

I'm thinking of starting a separate thread purely for HAV trading

Cheers
Becks
Cheers Thanks Becks,
jeff4ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:59pm   #246
 
5 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becks100 View Post
The other way round actually, divide the max risk by 10% of the index price. Or in excel:
=SUM(M39)/(N39*0.1)
Where M39 = max risk column
Where N39 = index price

And don't forget you can always have a different % risk. For back testing I was using the 14% the author used, but for some real trades I've done 10%, but equally you could use 7.5% or even 5%.

I'm thinking of starting a separate thread purely for HAV trading

Cheers
Becks


Hi Becks

Could you email please if you don't mind, I wanted to ask some questions about PIE, I've bought a copy of the manual.

Thanks

Greg

stirlingg75@gmail.com
greggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:37am   #247
Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggyboy View Post
Hi Becks

Could you email please if you don't mind, I wanted to ask some questions about PIE, I've bought a copy of the manual.

Thanks

Greg

stirlingg75@gmail.com
I'm afraid I've no wish to get involved in private email chats. I've done this sort of thing before and the questions never stop and I didn't even get a thank you from one person, just like my previous reply to you!

I suggest you contact the person your purchased the manual from and ask them your questions
Becks100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:56am   #248
Joined Sep 2003
Hi Becks100

Are you going to start a thread on HAV as you mention earlier
For clarity i have had HAV for a few years but never got around to trading it.
It would be interesting to see if different rules to the ones in the manual could be used successfully

Best Panda
panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to trading, makinga valiant attempt to et my piece of the pie! camharris First Steps 13 Jul 30, 2011 8:37am
CME wants some of the IG pie meanreversion General Trading Chat 29 Oct 18, 2010 10:36am
Eudaemonic pie - Farmer and Packard - WINNERS gtatix Forex 0 Mar 20, 2008 10:14pm
Article: Managing Your Mind's Energy Pie T2W Bot Educational Resources 18 Sep 13, 2007 1:51pm
Pie in the sky? polyphonic456 Trading Firms 12 May 17, 2007 10:37am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)