Corruption

This is a discussion on Corruption within the Economic & Fundamental Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; What a sensible chappy exposing useless politicians and regulators....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:46am   #1
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Corruption

What a sensible chappy exposing useless politicians and regulators.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:17pm   #2
Joined Oct 2013
Commercial financial institutions are really too clever for their own good

Bankers and commercial traders make double glazing salespeople and second hand car salesman - as well as estate agents all look like saints

They need totally exposing as this biggest crooks in business - but I dont think that will ever happen while we have the present systems in place

Its a shame really - and here's them thinking retail traders are all rogues - they need to really look in the mirror more - ;-))
Forexmospherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MajorMagnuM
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:46pm   #3
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
counter_violent started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forexmospherian View Post
Commercial financial institutions are really too clever for their own good

Bankers and commercial traders make double glazing salespeople and second hand car salesman - as well as estate agents all look like saints

They need totally exposing as this biggest crooks in business - but I dont think that will ever happen while we have the present systems in place

Its a shame really - and here's them thinking retail traders are all rogues - they need to really look in the mirror more - ;-))
It's just a small part of a much bigger problem that is "corporate capitalism"

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:52pm   #4
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Everything Greg Smith says makes perfect sense and, IMO, the financial system would be much stronger and safer if it adopted his ideas. It won't, of course, because short term greed will always win out. The only time that real change will take place is when the government of the day refuses to bail out the banks and they are allowed to fail and, potentially, the entire financial system collapses and then has to to be re-built from the ground up. Until then, the status quo will remain and Mr. Smith will - for the most part - just be bashing his head against a brick wall.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:12pm   #5

Joined Jan 2009
Their time will come, new technologies will come along which will reduce barriers to entry and monopolies in financial services. Banks will go the way of the dinosaurs.
China Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 7:13pm   #6

Joined Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Diapers View Post
Their time will come, new technologies will come along which will reduce barriers to entry and monopolies in financial services. Banks will go the way of the dinosaurs.
For example did you see that State Street has banned it's employees from participating in peer to peer lending?

Edit: Oops it was Wells Fargo http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f3135594-7...#axzz2u4mLWnQM

Last edited by China Diapers; Feb 22, 2014 at 7:16pm. Reason: Oops
China Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:24pm   #7
Joined Feb 2014
When anyone can cheat and get away with it they almost always do. At least a little bit. But when you're playing with the big boys a "little" isn't quite so "little".
LiquidGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:08am   #8
Joined Nov 2001
Greed brings them down, in the end.

There is a case here, in Spain, of a man, named Barcenas, ex-treasurer of PP, at present, in government , who had millions of contribution payments, black money, passed to him during the pre-election period.

Well over 40 million euros were squirreled away in Switzerland, and other spots.

How did he get caught? He tried to take advantage of the tax amnesty that Rajoy introduced for a period. He declared a good part of it and got thrown into gaol, where he is awaiting trial for theft. A big embarrassment to PP. He claims to have passed money to all kinds of people, in government, all hotly denied, of course. Poluiticians are, all, whiter than white.

The case is in Wiki, in English, for anyone interested, under Barcenas.

All the money that he recieved was donated by privated companies. Imagine that!
He only swiped a portion of it. None of it was taxed at source, or afterwards. So big business is, very much, involved, and guilty of tax evasion.

I wonder how much was involved. over the years, in permits to build on flood plains?

Last edited by Splitlink; Feb 23, 2014 at 10:10am.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote