"Indices Trading" On TraderGames.

This is a discussion on "Indices Trading" On TraderGames. within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Thanks for you comments jumpOff,I know what you are saying and thought he same, till I put just 40 quid ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:31am   #9
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread Thanks for you comments jumpOff,I know what you are saying and thought he same, till I put just 40 quid in for 2 games, for a bit of fun, but I made this in to a 1000 quid in a short time, and like i said i dont win every game. . as you say you dont know who you are trading against, but you can chat with these traders when you trade if you wish.

I had a game this week and everyone was in negative territory. and we was chatting saying things like we are **** at this game we are all lossing.then anther saying im going to win this game although he was down 100,000.lol "by the way he came last". also if you are all losing, and the games ends, the one who lost the least wins the pot. good fun.
cj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 4:52pm   #10
Joined Aug 2004
sun123 :- I've played 'tradergames' a bit (I see theres an 'apple' registered, but its not me) - and have some comments, that perhaps you can pass to your management :-

a) There are definitely some traders who have an advantage in trading speed, either internet or mkt access, I watched one game yesterday (a colleague was playing) and a player (purdie) did 21 scalping trades and didn't lose on any of these, obviously trading some speed advantage and not skill.

b) I've seen trades go through that are a point away from the real price, the people trading these seem to know when they will occur.

c) All times quoted are stated as GMT whereas they are actually BST

d) The prices on the Dow/Nasdaq/S&P are still priced against June Futures, they should have been against September since last Friday, this again gives advantage to some players.

e) When you are in the queuing system you can't see who you will trade against and therefore can't avoid the people with the unfair advantage.

f) Having your record showing is a distraction especially when there a few people in an office trading, and everyone knows each others names.

overall the system is great fun. however, i've taken my money out due to the above. If they can somehow make it a level playing field regards the above then they will be a success, until then, i'm staying away. In our office 2 players are continuing as they have live prices and fast pc's and are taking advantage (one has played 19 games and won 13).
apples10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 9:42pm   #11
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread I've played 'tradergames' a bit (I see theres an 'apple' registered, but its not me) - and have some comments, that perhaps you can pass to your management :-

sun123
Hi apples first I got nothing to so with tradergamesI just play like you self. The only resone I put this thread up was to get more players to the game so more games for me simple as that.

Last edited by cj12; Jul 11, 2005 at 4:09pm.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 4:27pm   #12
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread www.Tradergames.com have gone dead. I was getting about 2 games a day in the morning trading the UK markets.before the USA market open. I would then trade with IB to trade the YM.but some times I would have the odd game in the evening. I think its a good site. but I guess I must be the only one who thinks this lol.

I honesty don't know why more don't have a go. I think its better than spreadbetting.With tradergames, you are playing with real market prices tell you what, if there was more willing to play the 250 quid games. this means 4 players you are playing for a 1000 pound.pot,not bad for 2 hour game.but as it stands now most have been playing the smaller games.

Looks like to me tradergames will finish if they don't get more players to the market. all that expense running a site with only a few players, its a shame I thought it could be the new way to trade with very low marging.20 pound game to win 80. try that on spread betting. getting 80 quid for risking 20.on 0r the next game up 50 to win 200.

Sun

Last edited by cj12; Jul 11, 2005 at 4:54pm.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:49pm   #13
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread Im surprised no one have replied to this post. we all here to make money. why I trade on tradergames.its extra money. one week I made £ 850 quid at tradergames I also trade the YM with IB.if I want to make £830 trading the YM "real market," i would need to make $1500 this is trading 4 lots on 76 points profit. believe me its not easy.

I think on here most talk about trading but not real trading they spreadbet,ot they trade 1 lots they say they do this and that. but most on here have got an ego. I believe this is why they don't admit to playing tradergames.Because it say games on the end of trader. But to me money is money. and i think its a good second wager for ones living.

Any thoughts guys

sun
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:03pm   #14

Joined Mar 2003
Personally I find the futures market rigorously demanding and extremely stimulating and have no wish to add another layer of complexity by entering a trading game. I have nothing against games of skill at all and regularly play poker, but a game involving trading? Why not just trade?

Perhaps you are saying it is easier to make money on tradergames than it is in the futures market because the majority of players on tradergames are worse traders / casual punters? If so, I understand why you might wish to supplement your income there and I might take a look.

PS I trust you're not an affiliate of theirs.
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:49pm   #15
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread Hello

Frugi

Yes, there are a few bad players, to be honest about 80% of them are bad. But there are few good one on there. with these bad players. they do silly mistakes. risking to much on a trade. and when they in profit and some times they have made much more than me. but they just hold on to it and profit always comes back. I just scalp for a few point here and there. but sometimes these guys get lucky in a trend day. and i find it hard to catch them. these games I usually lose. But i think its great fun and an alternative way to make money at trading. but the sad story is most of these players have stooped playing, the majority work for a big firm and they all used to trade on they PC in works time. but the boss seems to have pulled the plug on them playing. If any one want a game with me on here, bring it on LOL,

thanks for you reply frugi and 100% im nothing to do with trader games.I just need players to take they money off them.

sun
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:52pm   #16

Joined Mar 2003
Fair enough sun, thanks for the reply. If you spot a frugi on there you'll know who it is.
frugi is offline   Reply With Quote