ZuluTrade

Anyone did money with them?

I never used any signal services, always traded on my own, but a friend tried this service of Zulu and on DEMO he was profitable for 5 months in a row, then he switched over to Live and lost the whole account (800 dollars) in 1 month, and he was using the same providers and rules as in Demo.

Very strange, I cant understand why that would happen if he was using the same settings and account size as in demo, any ideas?

What were your experiences?

I never used any signal services, always traded on my own, but a friend tried this service of Zulu and on DEMO he was profitable for 5 months in a row, then he switched over to Live and lost the whole account (800 dollars) in 1 month, and he was using the same providers and rules as in Demo.

Very strange, I cant understand why that would happen if he was using the same settings and account size as in demo, any ideas?

You wouldn't think it possible but ................
I'm still dithering on going live.

Well, I am a live user, you can go little back and see my live results, i posted them somewhere mid January , when i was closing my trading year (2012) ...dunno about your 'friend' and if the story holds or whatever, but i am making some sweet results with the system and it doesnt need to be a trading wiz or something in order to make them. :clover:
see, thats why you need to know exactly what you talking about - demo account have from 3000-100.000 virtual amount, even with simple math you cant use the same setting on a 800 bucks account (and this is with leverage, I presume) with 800 dollars you follow MAX until 3 trades with mini trades and no more than 2 trades tops to copy..if you do more your margin call will come by the 3rd day of copying...simple as that. Tell your invisible friend, to be more careful next time:LOL:

You and your friend know very little about trading. Your question is insulting to say the least. Your friend lost because the SP lost. I dont understand how that can be confusing.

Like all shell games they suck you in and blow what's left of you out the rear end.

:sneaky:

Ohh come on, it is not like that! You have some decent protection :cool: it is not that you follow blindly and absorbs whatever happens ...

You and your friend know very little about trading. Your question is insulting to say the least. Your friend lost because the SP lost. I dont understand how that can be confusing.

And how is you experience with them? Can you post your results?

I see that 90% of the TOP 100 signal providers there, are trading in DEMO Accounts. But have followers of live money traders. So, if they lose, they dont lose anything. The traders lose the money. Because the signal providers are in DEMO. Sure, maybe they could not get the commissions FOR THAT PERIOD, but they don't lose money. What do you think about that ?

I told you that my buddy tested the system for several months and then blows up an account when he goes live. So, I guess I should ask here if anyone else had the same problem.

Yeah, maybe the problem was the different amounts used, but it was not a massive difference, both mini accounts.. But I STILL cant understand how he made profit every single month with DEMO and then suddenly he blows it up. I will try to ask him about the full details on the trades to see If I can find anything. He told me, the drawdown was not huge in any of the signal providers.

Last edited:

I see that 90% of the TOP 100 signal providers there, are trading in DEMO Accounts. But have followers of live money traders. So, if they lose, they dont lose anything. The traders lose the money. Because the signal providers are in DEMO. Sure, maybe they could not get the commissions FOR THAT PERIOD, but they don't lose money. What do you think about that ?

I told you that my buddy tested the system for several months and then blows up an account when he goes live. So, I guess I should ask here if anyone else had the same problem.

Yeah, maybe the problem was the different amounts used, but it was not a massive difference, both mini accounts.. But I STILL cant understand how he made profit every single month with DEMO and then suddenly he blows it up. I will try to ask him about the full details on the trades to see If I can find anything. He told me, the drawdown was not huge in any of the signal providers.

I don't know why you keep calling it a problem. By calling it a problem instead of risk you are failing to understand that when following these SPs live you can lose your money, but that's a risk. Not a problem. A problem is something that you may not unserstand and can't find the answer to. A risk is something you're aware of. There is no guarantee. There is no live account bad luck. Its all the same. Most of them just gamble. It isn't a problem, if you know what you're getting into. If you're smart you won't follow them.

Demo is not different from live account, unless he continued to follow the same traders and their trading went downhill. Thats the only explanation. Other than that demo is closed as per the markets and trades are closed, so results cannot be different. Open one and you will see - simply compare your results with the traders that you follow virtually, keep in mind that slippage is not including in the final results, as demo accs have no slippage, and this is usually broker/connection thing...

I don't know why you keep calling it a problem. By calling it a problem instead of risk you are failing to understand that when following these SPs live you can lose your money, but that's a risk. Not a problem. A problem is something that you may not unserstand and can't find the answer to. A risk is something you're aware of. There is no guarantee. There is no live account bad luck. Its all the same. Most of them just gamble. It isn't a problem, if you know what you're getting into. If you're smart you won't follow them.

Well put.

Plus, what people often fail to mention is that when provider selection is properly done, costs to the follower are very low.
For instance, we have mentioned Azar Consulting before and if you started to follow him at the beginning of February, with 1 minilot, you have made 750 pips over 12 trades. That's a profit of $750, with only $6 going to the provider, i.e. a performance fee of 0.8%. You can't beat that.

:)

Well put.

Plus, what people often fail to mention is that when provider selection is properly done, costs to the follower are very low.
For instance, we have mentioned Azar Consulting before and if you started to follow him at the beginning of February, with 1 minilot, you have made 750 pips over 12 trades. That's a profit of $750, with only $6 going to the provider, i.e. a performance fee of 0.8%. You can't beat that.

:)
Good point. Also pips per trade in regards to slippage. 2 points slippage on 40 pips per trade average is only 5% less than what the SP makes. If the SP averages 5 pips per trade then 2 pips slippage means you will underpeform the SP by 40%.

I see some FX brokers are offering something similiar to zulu. About time they started giving their clients something useful !!

Attachments

• Zulu.PNG
    Zulu.PNG
    65 KB · Views: 202
I see some FX brokers are offering something similiar to zulu. About time they started giving their clients something useful !!

Good , martingale not allowed , which broker if you don't mind ?

MyFXBook is not a broker, they are an analytics platform who will just act as introducing broker. FXStat provides the exact same service and started autotrading at least a year ago. Anyway why not, but the example they provide is blatant misinformation, which does them no favour.
The business model is well known now, they don't have to overdo it by putting up such an unrealistic scenario of $26,000 per month. $2,000 would have sufficed and not shown any contempt to informed readers.

Ah ok , Myfxbook , there's a thread already for that , anyway they seem to have better requirements than Zulu to say the least , but its still early to judge .

Ah ok , Myfxbook , there's a thread already for that , anyway they seem to have better requirements than Zulu to say the least , but its still early to judge .

Myfxbook is not a broker, but 100% reliable 3rd party verification of trading activity.

Some brokers do however offer a bit more than raw charts with indicators though. But really not much more. They really should and boost their client base.

I think FXCM have been doing it for quite a while now. A couple of years for sure.

Myfxbook is not a broker, but 100% reliable 3rd party verification of trading activity.

Some brokers do however offer a bit more than raw charts with indicators though. But really not much more. They really should and boost their client base.

Myfxbook is sponsored by FXPRO, so here it comes that it is not independent.
I have been checking the copying system for some time, on demo, of course, live i think the live account min balance was 10K (if I am not mistaken) and can tell you guys results are horrible and, seem plastic even to me.
As we say there are tons of good platforms, but zulutrade remains the place where followers do win...