ZuluTrade

with how many lots and number of trades are you following?
it is important to zuluguard...always to protect against aburpt trading conditions and high drawdown;)

I use the Automatic Allocation Mode so Zulu uses a formula to set the "right" values.

And the problem is not the big DD (I check them everday), but that it seems that from the moment I start following a SP, then that SP seems to start going south. :whistling

I use the Automatic Allocation Mode so Zulu uses a formula to set the "right" values.

And the problem is not the big DD (I check them everday), but that it seems that from the moment I start following a SP, then that SP seems to start going south. :whistling

I see your point! true sometimes this happens. But i have had times that it didnt.
who exactly are you following now for example, give us names so we can easily help you better:|

lol yep that happens with my demo accounts. The one I opened late yesterday is also down

Last edited:
Ive got these so far,been looking for past hour

bikebin
fx turtle
greenfx777-2
profit impulse
signal palyer(surely he means player)

and yet not one of them is a live account,and only one following his own signals. what does that tell you.Artist what do you make of them,we seem to be on the same lines. why do these guys follow people they clearly shouldnt,there is over 400m in following money.

Hello :)
Sorry I've been busy and slept very little with BOJ and all today.

Of those mentioned plus 70 EUR USD, top-forex-manager, lanetcity, and Wain Forex I would personally definitely stay away from Wain Forex and top-forex-manager. They're reckless and I don't like when the description is just a bunch of lies (i.e. Top-Forex-Manager says 20-50 pips stop-loss then I go down and see worst trade 138 pips....).
And I would not pick lanetcity, 70 EUR USD, and Signal Palyer either. lanetcity just trades outside of market hours during the Asian session when there is limited volatility so he can scalp 10 pips without having big drawdowns. That's fair enough but I can't respect that kind of strategy (but that's just me, he's making money so fair play).
70 EUR USD is just milking his first 500 pips month and I would bet he must have opened several accounts to achieve just that. It's no coincidence when your first 20 trades are 70 pips winners and then for the next 6 months you're just happy to make 50 pips per month. Again, he's making money so fair enough but not my cup of tea.
Signal Palyer did the same.

The others I have no problem with. bikebin impresses me the most. FXTurtle has got skills as well just needs a few good trades to get out of that breakeven phase. greenfx is all over the place with his 3 accounts but they're all killing and he's clear about DD in his description so rock on.

:)

Hello :)
Sorry I've been busy and slept very little with BOJ and all today.

Of those mentioned plus 70 EUR USD, top-forex-manager, lanetcity, and Wain Forex I would personally definitely stay away from Wain Forex and top-forex-manager. They're reckless and I don't like when the description is just a bunch of lies (i.e. Top-Forex-Manager says 20-50 pips stop-loss then I go down and see worst trade 138 pips....).
And I would not pick lanetcity, 70 EUR USD, and Signal Palyer either. lanetcity just trades outside of market hours during the Asian session when there is limited volatility so he can scalp 10 pips without having big drawdowns. That's fair enough but I can't respect that kind of strategy (but that's just me, he's making money so fair play).
70 EUR USD is just milking his first 500 pips month and I would bet he must have opened several accounts to achieve just that. It's no coincidence when your first 20 trades are 70 pips winners and then for the next 6 months you're just happy to make 50 pips per month. Again, he's making money so fair enough but not my cup of tea.
Signal Palyer did the same.

The others I have no problem with. bikebin impresses me the most. FXTurtle has got skills as well just needs a few good trades to get out of that breakeven phase. greenfx is all over the place with his 3 accounts but they're all killing and he's clear about DD in his description so rock on.

perfect so we stick to fxturtle, bikebin and greenfx.
:clover::clover::clover:

Hello,

I don't want to sound overly judgmental about the strategy providers. I'm no authority in currency trading and everyone is entitled to their strategy, no matter how risky they might appear.

So every time I comment on someone just remember that I trade for a living therefore I would only consider those traders who have properly defined exit strategies and position management.

But followers who just want to make some money on the side and can risk a bit of cash to do so have a higher tolerance for risk so it makes sense if you would pick some more aggressive guys.

What about manually reversing the signals from the top 10 ? :cheesy:

Without adding to positions , just 1 ...

when you guys find a brilliant zulu trader, i'll channel their trades through a prop account,
not unlike Bob's approach

........everyone will be happy :D

A Good Trader would not even register on most investors criteria anyway ......they expect far to much in return and focus on short term performance.........

The best traders in the world are making fortunes for themselves and Trading houses/hedge funds ........Zulutrade is little league

but outside of the rough edges I still applaude the attempt to present and introduce Traders to the wider community :smart:

N

A Good Trader would not even register on most investors criteria anyway ......they expect far to much in return and focus on short term performance.........

The best traders in the world are making fortunes for themselves and Trading houses/hedge funds ........Zulutrade is little league

N

love the way you put it, true little league plays with little accounts and thsus Short-term expectations are higher as followers cannot support open (loosing or not ) positions for a long time....i guess is a no-can-do situatution - thats how trading goes.

yeah, true FCC he might not have been the best, but he managed to be close to the best for a very long time ...until the big bang came...

but outside of the rough edges I still applaude the attempt to present and introduce Traders to the wider community :smart:

N

I'm not sure I'm with you on that.
That's like saying T2W is little league compared to Instant Bloomberg and Reuters messenger; apples and oranges.
Zulutrade never intended to actually have hedgies and CTAs on their platform so considering the amount of traffic they get, there's definitely a demand for what they offer and they're the best at fulfiling it.
One can't complain that the traders on ZT are not good enough and also complain that it takes at least $100,000 to invest in a tiny hedge fund. You can't have it both ways.

N

I will disagree with you on this point, NVP.

The long term is a series of short term performances. And Zulutrade allows the flexibility to quickly add or discard traders if they start to go off track.

The main problem that I have with Zulutrade is that the majority of Signal Providers/ traders are using the AAAfx platform and I don't have enough faith in the financial strength of AAAfx as a broker. (Certainly not enough to deposit serious money).

Also, if a SP is using pending orders, then it is likely that some of my trades may not be triggered because I am using a different broker and the slippage seems to be significant between brokers. So I may miss some trades.

If Zulutrade gets taken over by a BIG broker, I would be first in line to trade some of the better SPs trades.

I will disagree with you on this point, NVP.

The long term is a series of short term performances. And Zulutrade allows the flexibility to quickly add or discard traders if they start to go off track.

The main problem that I have with Zulutrade is that the majority of Signal Providers/ traders are using the AAAfx platform and I don't have enough faith in the financial strength of AAAfx as a broker. (Certainly not enough to deposit serious money).

Also, if a SP is using pending orders, then it is likely that some of my trades may not be triggered because I am using a different broker and the slippage seems to be significant between brokers. So I may miss some trades.

If Zulutrade gets taken over by a BIG broker, I would be first in line to trade some of the better SPs trades.

I disagree totally! aaafx is an excellent broker and as for the rest all all big players but they kill in their slippage and commision timing thats why ppl are investing more with aaafx. i have seeen major amounts with aaafx on both sides - followers and traders. I think the major point is in the quality of the traders meaning being more serious and professional..if the mass changes then we will see even bigger growth in our accounts. :sneaky:

I agree with thepom AAAFX is not a well known reputable broker that can be trusted with serious money , they are regulated by whom exactly ? buyer beware ...

I agree with thepom AAAFX is not a well known reputable broker that can be trusted with serious money , they are regulated by whom exactly ? buyer beware ...

they have European regs witch are quite strong and i beleive there are guarantees with any deposits.
Meanwhile the curse continues my demo account is now down $500

they have European regs witch are quite strong and i beleive there are guarantees with any deposits.
Meanwhile the curse continues my demo account is now down $500

"AAAFx is regulated in Europe, registration no. 2/540/17.2.2010" !

By which one ? Greeks ? I wouldn't be sure about deposits guarantees .