ZuluTrade

I think Monday picture will be totally different !!:) Lets talk then!
have a lovely weekend my friends! :) i am thinking to get lazy sooner ;)

Robbert is either a shill for zulutrade or an employee.

Or worse still, he is an affiliate marketer:cry:

I assume that we = Zulutrade

The discussion is becoming confusing because of the constant swap in the conversation between Kama and some moronic follower of his.

If the point ultimately is about how detrimental Kama's trade signals are on a follower's account, it is a strawman argument because it is also a function of position sizing, risk profile and any manual intervention of the follower. The conversation is much cleaner and productive if we focus the dicussions on Kama's signals and his risk management.

i think kama's quite a good trader, but he has some habits that at some stage will back-fire

1] he's an intraday trader holding positions over the weekend; which increases risk
2] he "averages"
3] he's reluctant to take a loss, preferring to hold and hold and hold until red turns green

if he could weed these habits out he would have a chance at staying around for the long-term, which is rare for a trader at zulu

but the zulu model compels these guys to take trades, and they dont seem to be able to resist in the end, even if they start off resisting that temptation........because that's how they get paid, by taking trades

i think kama's quite a good trader, but he has some habits that at some stage will back-fire

1] he's an intraday trader holding positions over the weekend; which increases risk
2] he "averages"
3] he's reluctant to take a loss, preferring to hold and hold and hold until red turns green

if he could weed these habits out he would have a chance at staying around for the long-term, which is rare for a trader at zulu

but the zulu model compels these guys to take trades, and they dont seem to be able to resist in the end, even if they start off resisting that temptation........because that's how they get paid, by taking trades

I disagree. The only reason he has done so well is that he has held the positions until they come good.Its easy to average in after 100 and 200 pips,most times you will come out ahead.When you lose which you will it will always be bust. Where will he draw the line. what he is doing now is pissing in the wind and not trading

well, by your statement, he can only be incredibly lucky then

but i doubt it, luck doesnt last as long as it has (for kama) in the markets........so he must have some skills

but granted, he mixes gambling with trading, hence he will blow-up at some stage

not that the followers can see any of this, only those who are attempting to become traders or whom are traders, can see what's unfolding

I disagree. The only reason he has done so well is that he has held the positions until they come good.Its easy to average in after 100 and 200 pips,most times you will come out ahead.When you lose which you will it will always be bust. Where will he draw the line. what he is doing now is pissing in the wind and not trading

I just feel for those poor souls who will suffer,bad for the industry. The followers only started to jump on board in big numbers when he had 4000 pips,so a dd of 1000 will wipe out many accounts
Hope Im wrong

Last edited:

2] he "averages"

So, these are the reasons why he was acting the way he is....this explains a lot.
btw, guys what do you think of the new top one: forex sleep mode....i remember he was somewhere in the forums writing about his strategy when he started but i didnt pay much attention to him and boom, now he is number one ....:eek:

So, these are the reasons why he was acting the way he is....this explains a lot.
btw, guys what do you think of the new top one: forex sleep mode....i remember he was somewhere in the forums writing about his strategy when he started but i didnt pay much attention to him and boom, now he is number one ....:eek:

Something is wrong : Max DD is just 314 pips with 24 Max open positions ! Something is missing , look at their ranking jumped from 16K to 179 :whistling

Something is wrong : Max DD is just 314 pips with 24 Max open positions ! Something is missing , look at their ranking jumped from 16K to 179 :whistling

this often happens for various reasons. the 314 pips represents his worst trade loss so is not a real drawdown,its just one trade.The top to bottom dd is only shown on the chart

this often happens for various reasons. the 314 pips represents his worst trade loss so is not a real drawdown,its just one trade.The top to bottom dd is only shown on the chart

They shouldn't call it Max DD , their worst trade = -109 pips .

They shouldn't call it Max DD , their worst trade = -109 pips .

sure it should just be top to bottom,what they calculate is worst dd on a group of trades, so if i trade 10 lots and lose 10 pips thats a dd of 100. If i do this 10 times on the trot,it will still be 100

sure it should just be top to bottom,what they calculate is worst dd on a group of trades, so if i trade 10 lots and lose 10 pips thats a dd of 100. If i do this 10 times on the trot,it will still be 100

I think if we all knew probabilities well enough, we would realise that Kama isn't all that great. It's probability and when you have 2000 others doing the same thing, there's always a chance that someone will hit a lucky run. I have some curves i could show you on macd crossovers that perform at 99% hit ratio and don't hit a loser for over a year, but saying that, I do think Kama knows a bit more than that. I don't think it's entirely luck.

Ok so just 300 pips DD with 24 open positions , how come ? something missing .

I think if we all knew probabilities well enough, we would realise that Kama isn't all that great. It's probability and when you have 2000 others doing the same thing, there's always a chance that someone will hit a lucky run. I have some curves i could show you on macd crossovers that perform at 99% hit ratio and don't hit a loser for over a year, but saying that, I do think Kama knows a bit more than that. I don't think it's entirely luck.

put it on zulu and make a fortune:)

i get the impression the "amount following" includes demo money also!?

201303271843.png

Amount following is not what you think , most of it could be the balance of one follower , and he/she could be following the SP with just 1 micro lot .

I just checked and its only live cash that counts,

35 are the one that ranked and commented.
And 1461 are the real live account that follow the trader. You understand that the total amount is total and if you roughly divide it on the what they have made you can see that it averages to 1100 bucks - some more some less, which is to some extend what can be the picture.
However what they make out of their initial capital (or balanced out - after trade gains/loss) and the simply profit are two different figures. The way I understand it - the total amount following is cumulative for all the amount following (like mine total 7.5K will be countered only to the lots i allocate to the trader).