Zen-Fire / RIthmic - currently down?

NetTecture

I have a couple of logins, and none work - not directly (API, NinjaTrader), not using their web-interface beta (which otoh loads fine, so that server can be reached).

Rithmic development environment live data also does not work

Anyone else having the same? I try to keep my software logged in.... but that is a rare occasion I just get thrown out... Jsust trying to confirm it is a more general error?

I mostly rule out routing from my end, because I get the same on the web interface (which I reach fine)... so, if it is backend routing, it is not only from my end, it is also from their web server.

Anyone an explanation? Can confirm that?

THat is funny. I Just tried all logins I have and still the same error. Time for a computer reset now ;)

I've seen some widespread issues on websites that are not normally vulnerable to outages. I suspect a large ISP is having issues, which we may or may not hear about next week. Either way, good luck!

Must be more - I also can not log into the zen-fire beta web interface. Accepts user name and password, but does simply not login, gets hung on the loading screen.

Confirmed by now by CheckDns.NET - the Rithmic.com (which "powers" zen-fire) DNS entries are screwed since the last update 17th (thursday). THe results depend on luck (which DNS server is queried) and operating system (how stupid/Smart is it to dump obviously false replied) - in case of Windows... it looks like DNS replied get thrown away (in accordance I think with standards) as fakes (dns servers not matching servers appointed in the root domain).

Whoever did set that up - needs to read up on DNS ;)

Funny enough it is also zen-fire itself being bitten - their new beta web interface hangs now ;)

Let's hope they sort that up soonish.

What is their beta being supposed to bring as improvements?

Is there a URL to read about news coming up with Zenfire (or how do you get them)?

The beta is basically a web interface at the moment. Not REALLY usefull for trading IMHO, but if one does automated trading this is a good backup to see what they actually have on their side ;)

It will supposedly get a web based API for some reporting (list of past executions etc.) that currently is hard to get... especially for those that distribute their trading over multiple platforms (When the meager reporting from one ninja trader instance turns totally useless as it only sees part of the deal).

This just confirmed to me that the issue is not local to me but more global - which is when I started doing a DNS check. I hope some people come to the office soon. This was dilletantic work on the DNS side - not worth their otherwise good record.

The ZenFire API doesn't use Rithmic's DNS. The beta web trader doesn't hang for me either, is it still doing that for you?

Sure about that? ;) Network trade does show connects to some rithmic servers. At least they did some time ago. Not updated my software ever since. My Zen-Fire parameters for the Rithmic API... include quite a bunch of Rithmic servers;) How do you know the API does NOT use the Rithmic DNS? Note that if it connects to a server in rithmic.com... it DOES so ;)

Not sure about the web thing, but at one point in the morning things started to move again (positively). Same time Rithmic did seemingly some changes to their DNS entries ;) I get a lot less red from my DNS checks... for rithmic.com - actually I FIND a valid dns now.

Did not test the web interface ;)

Oh, as a side note ;)

* NinjaTrader does NOT seem to use the official Zen-Fire API ;) At least... they dont have the DLL in ;) This is one app I use.
* When I use an API, I actually use the RIthmic API ;)

Sure about that? ;) Network trade does show connects to some rithmic servers. At least they did some time ago. Not updated my software ever since. My Zen-Fire parameters for the Rithmic API... include quite a bunch of Rithmic servers;)
Positive, you can have multiple hostnames pointing at the same IPs. If you have Rithmic hosts instead of zen-fire.com ones (which uses anycast DNS), it sounds like you're not really using Zen-Fire parameters ;)

Well ;) This is the stuff I got from Rithmic to use with their API. And the DNS names were traced from the Ninja connection ;) So - it is confirmed THEY (at least used - I am not on the EXACT current build) DID at least use the rithmic host names ;)

NinjaTrader ALSO had problems ;) And that is out of my control, host wise.

And we had a stuck web login from quite some computers here ;)

So ;) It is possibly not ONLY me using the rithmic DNS for that ;) Maybe an older API version, and older parameters from my side? ;) Who knows.

Works again, though.

Yes.

Currently logged in with:

* 2x ninja trader
* 1x R!Trader
* Occasionally my own software ;)

NetTecture,
How did you get hold of the Rithmic API? I thought they only sell to corporate clients, e.g. Zen-Fire?

Do you have to be tied to an FCM, as with Zen-Fire? Or does Rithmic supply the raw data as a data vendor?

They contacted me. I work on a trading frontend now - in the direction of NinjaTrader just more "scalable" (multiple traders, agents, client/server). Making SLOOOW Progress ;) Bting ms ass off at the moment on the trading accounting side, as well as still trying to handle the amount off data blowing through it ;)

I like the Rithmic API a lot better than the Zen-Fire one - the Zen-FIre api is a little too dumped down for my liking... while RIthmic... well, otoh it is a lot more complicated to use ;)

RIthmic is no data vendor. I have 2 logins from them, one with real data. Basically they keep me in the loop for the API - and I but in quite a lot of suggestions and find issues ;)

I just hope I get onto the table with something demonstratable soon ;)