Your Single Best Piece of Advice

This has pretty much every aspect of a sales pitch. I almost feel like Jane is my best friend.

Why does it have to be a sales pitch?

When I came to this forum to talk about what I was doing (years ago), people also concluded that I was selling something, too. To this date, no one has ever seen me ask for their credit number. Where are those same people now, who swore that I was selling something?

Online trading rooms have been around for eons. It does not surprise me that a Nube would be at least curious about them. If they cannot come to this forum to get useful information about whether or not such trading rooms are worthwhile, what can should they come to such a forum? Experienced traders, should know whether or not trading rooms are beneficial and should therefore offer that advice, as opposed to immediately assuming that somebody is trying to sell something on T2W.

Out of all the Trading Forums out there (years ago), I thought Trade2Win had the best potential to become a really nice place for experienced and Nube traders alike. Though, T2W has not gone all the way down-hill like EliteTrader, DailyFx, MoneyTec and so many other complete failures, I would say that the over-protective nature of some of the members here, trying to prevent the inevitable "sales pitch," has caused T2W to bounce off the bottom of the barrel more than once and for far too long.

EliteTrader, is a total joke and it is filled with both sociopaths and psychopaths. Don't allow T2W to reach that level of depravity, please. Simply give the lady your honest and experience driven opinion about WHY you think trading rooms are not a good idea for the Nube trader - that's all.

There is no need to constantly threaten an emergency session of the United Nations Security Counsel, merely because the assumption is that somebody is trying to open up a Lemonade Stand in the lobby of Counsel chambers.

I mean, come on - stop doing this stuff guys! :mad: Seriously, stop it.

Thanks TraderNumber7 for your very thorough response(which I have yet to completely sift through) and for coming to my defence! You've really given me a lot to ponder on actually :)

I just read it a second time, it's great, I feel like it's helping me to break out of the rut I've found myself in. I've had series' of profitable trades followed by losses and I now see that it could just be a quality of the current system I use for trading. I'll be needing to make adjustments to make the losses less frequent than the wins and less costly in order to increase my profit.

I've basically broken even in the past few weeks, I think, thanks to the use of stop losses and a very good RR ratio. I'm not convinced of the utility of indicators as of yet, since none of them seem to be consistent, even used in combinations(but that could change).

Thanks again TraderNumber7!

Losses are a natural product of any strategy. Trying to reduce them can have unwanted implications on a working strategy. You will be better served controlling risk and embracing your losses than trying to reduce the frequency of those losses. One area that is a common cause of too many losses is over trading. But that's a function of discipline and not strategy.

My single best advice would be: don't lose money, even if other people say it's a good thing. Here's the zen of making money in any field: always have money to buy, and always have goodies to sell. The actual amount of money and goodies involved is not relevant, in that you can start as small or as big as you want.

Last edited: