Your Ideal Political system ?

Pat494

Legendary member
Since it is the weekend and er ......not much on I thought you might like to start a discussion on your ideal political system.
The present set up is obviously completely incompetent and also unfair. A sort of mix and mash fron the past.
Well don't just sit there on your tush - say something !!

Well fairness is subjective, so you can never find anything that is fair amongst a large enough group. Nor is it clear it is something we want. Maybe unfairness is better. Either way, there will always be unfairness. So given that, I suggest a world dictatorship with me in charge.

Well fairness is subjective, so you can never find anything that is fair amongst a large enough group. Nor is it clear it is something we want. Maybe unfairness is better. Either way, there will always be unfairness. So given that, I suggest a world dictatorship with me in charge.

:)
Correct me if I might be wrong but could you put forward sufficient reasons for us to let you be numero uno ? and get all the goodies ! I mean someone might have better school grades for instance or are you the cleverest ?

I was thinking more of making policy decisions for a country via the internet. Every govt policy decision has to be ratified by the population voting.

Everyone gets 1 vote at birth as a sort of welcome and then
1 extra vote for passing primary school
1 extra vote for passing secondary school
1 extra vote for a higher ed. qualification
1 extra vote for being a property owner
1 extra vote for an IQ of 100+

On the negative side
minus 1 vote for committing a small crime
minus 2 votes for committing a medium crime
minus 10 votes for committing a major crime
banished to correction centre for an overall negative total

Think of the savings in MPs expenses and pay etc.