Your Favorite Pivots?

Top of the list would always be;

1. Previous Price Pivots [PPP's] - ie previous near-term obvious fractal swing hi and lo's on the 1hr + t/f.

then a way down the list and used only as confluence on the instrument I trade (ie an otc not an exchange traded instrument) would be Daily Floors which are the only type of 'calculated' pivots I use. The PPP's show where near-term imbalances of supply over demand or demand over supply actually existed and as such are generally always 'more important' that any calculated pivots in determining where such may exist again at the hard right edge of the chart.

G/L

I like to use pivots when they were previously tested to be true with a previous high/low, but in general I hate that feeling when the first touch bounces off 10 points and I missed it and have to hope it comes back down.

Top of the list would always be;

1. Previous Price Pivots [PPP's] - ie previous near-term obvious fractal swing hi and lo's on the 1hr + t/f.

then a way down the list and used only as confluence on the instrument I trade (ie an otc not an exchange traded instrument) would be Daily Floors which are the only type of 'calculated' pivots I use. The PPP's show where near-term imbalances of supply over demand or demand over supply actually existed and as such are generally always 'more important' that any calculated pivots in determining where such may exist again at the hard right edge of the chart.

G/L