Yes... it really has taken me 7 years for my first post.

ssam

As long time shadow lurker, I have been trading as time permits through university, professional qualifications and a new job.

From London, I have the benefit of trading the 8-9am open slot of the London market.

My strategy, I am primarily a swing trader, focusing on breaches of my defined supply and demand zones, nothing overly technical. Although, I still suffer from the odd bout of overtrading, I am nonetheless conscious that I need to trade to my plan.

I have decided to post on t2w today, as I am going to explore the possibility of reaching out to a peer group of traders to bounce ideas off, share my experiences and become profitable.

Great to meet you all, and I will be looking to come along to a T2W meet up in the not to distant future!

Regards,
Sam

?
Posting gets easier and easier until it becomes a habit.

As long time shadow lurker, I have been trading as time permits through university, professional qualifications and a new job.

From London, I have the benefit of trading the 8-9am open slot of the London market.

My strategy, I am primarily a swing trader, focusing on breaches of my defined supply and demand zones, nothing overly technical. Although, I still suffer from the odd bout of overtrading, I am nonetheless conscious that I need to trade to my plan.

I have decided to post on t2w today, as I am going to explore the possibility of reaching out to a peer group of traders to bounce ideas off, share my experiences and become profitable.

Great to meet you all, and I will be looking to come along to a T2W meet up in the not to distant future!

Regards,
Sam
Which financial instruments do you trade? CFD's, stocks, bonds, spreadbetting or something else? Did you develop your strategy yourself or used existing knowledge?

Hi all,

Apologies for the delayed response - I have been tied up at work. In answer the the questions, I focus on forex - due to this being the market i was first introduced to back in the day.

I've hopefully attached two images of my past day or twos trades ... nothing high risk or fancy, just very simple supply and demand zones and key resistance levels, if stochastics support my view too ... I tend to prime trades to trigger opens above or below the supply zones before I head to work around 6:45am - take a look at the currency news and if everything aligns, go for the trade.

You can see I only trade small lots, as not looking to blow up my account!

Thanks for the welcome all!

Hopefully this give you an idea of where I am at - any advice, comments or observations welcome!
Would you mind posting a chart or 2 of the sort of thing you look at?
?
Posting gets easier and easier until it becomes a habit.
Which financial instruments do you trade? CFD's, stocks, bonds, spreadbetting or something else? Did you develop your strategy yourself or used existing knowledge?

Can you give a bit more context to those trades - i.e. what SD's you used?
As above really, the technical side of my trades are supported by the supply zones in the salmon pink box, whilst SD's do not directly play a fundamental part in my strategy, I obviously monitor the volatility and oversold/over brought scenarios with the stochastic indicator.

In terms of context of the trade, the potential Trump trade deal with mexico obviously drew interest to the currency given the potential macro benefits of such a deal being in place. needless to say, my strategy is simple - supply zones, understand the main news events of the currency and bobs your uncle!

I don't want to knock your system BUT
Just trading in the pink zone does seem to mean you will never find a bottom long or a short top.
Just dithering about in the middle.
That's my 2p worth.

As above really, the technical side of my trades are supported by the supply zones in the salmon pink box, whilst SD's do not directly play a fundamental part in my strategy, I obviously monitor the volatility and oversold/over brought scenarios with the stochastic indicator.

In terms of context of the trade, the potential Trump trade deal with mexico obviously drew interest to the currency given the potential macro benefits of such a deal being in place. needless to say, my strategy is simple - supply zones, understand the main news events of the currency and bobs your uncle!

Maybe I'm missing something but it would appear that you are buying into supply which would seem to be the opposite of what one should be doing?

Regards,
Sam

hey Sam ....welcome to the light !

ive posted a bit now over the years and ........yes i remember some trepidation back in 2004 i think on first posts

I had been trading a prety successful forex strategy for a few years and wanted to share ideas and get some input ......its really helped me over the last 15 years alongside being on other forums , websites and groups ive worked with ......invaluble contacts, programmers and mentors were found over those years

generally a great bunch at T2win ...we dont bite (well most of the time !)

share a little more .......happy to help

N

agreed - overtrading is something we all do at times until we realise how self defeating it is ....

step back at times .......or widen stops ......on sit on hands .....or do those extra trades on demo instead .....you make a lot more money missing good trades than taking bad ones

N

just a thought ...if you are only hitting the 8-9am slot i would personally get more on the euro and gbp pairs (poss swissie if its moving) ....perhaps lining them up with usd and or Yen as secondary currencies....

at that time you have Aud and NZD moving into closing business and technically usd and Cad also non bus hours ....

my forex scalping technique is to watch initial period in market 6-8am then go with the flow/trends....sure i am mindful of price action and T/a , support resistance etc etc .........but generally im very CURRENCY (index) focused looking for the main movers ........

i have been pretty ok last few years on Cable especially due to brexit ......cable is deader at moment ....ut watch it warm up as october deadline approaches ...........

N

i find that the us open is pretty hot as well........i will trade that session post 2pm GMT if i have time or mornign session has not been that profitable ............rare for both sessions to be lightweight .....

Maybe I'm missing something but it would appear that you are buying into supply which would seem to be the opposite of what one should be doing?
Thanks - on the USDCAD trade, I placed the trade on the strong stochastics and placed the open above the supply zone, so it broke the previous supply zone and closed above the previous high.

On the USDEUR trade I held this trade for 3 days, I entered as it broke a previous resistance, I place my trades on orders, so I acknowledge this is not the most efficient way of triggering trades. I did not anticipate holding this trade as long as I had to.

Maybe I should post up a few more trades and we can talk them over?

I appreciate your interest and help

hey Sam ....welcome to the light !

ive posted a bit now over the years and ........yes i remember some trepidation back in 2004 i think on first posts

I had been trading a prety successful forex strategy for a few years and wanted to share ideas and get some input ......its really helped me over the last 15 years alongside being on other forums , websites and groups ive worked with ......invaluble contacts, programmers and mentors were found over those years

generally a great bunch at T2win ...we dont bite (well most of the time !)

share a little more .......happy to help

Extremely kind, thank you for the welcome. Great to hear you're consistent and successful, that is the goal for me.. but all in good time!
Eventually
I would like to get the the stage where I am able to bounce ideas and concepts etc off the forum / mentors and take advantage of the resource here.

N
agreed - overtrading is something we all do at times until we realise how self defeating it is ....

step back at times .......or widen stops ......on sit on hands .....or do those extra trades on demo instead .....you make a lot more money missing good trades than taking bad ones
Agree - this is the best thing to do! I will try to bring more of this into my life.

N
just a thought ...if you are only hitting the 8-9am slot i would personally get more on the euro and gbp pairs (poss swissie if its moving) ....perhaps lining them up with usd and or Yen as secondary currencies....

at that time you have Aud and NZD moving into closing business and technically usd and Cad also non bus hours ....

my forex scalping technique is to watch initial period in market 6-8am then go with the flow/trends....sure i am mindful of price action and T/a , support resistance etc etc .........but generally im very CURRENCY (index) focused looking for the main movers ........

i have been pretty ok last few years on Cable especially due to brexit ......cable is deader at moment ....ut watch it warm up as october deadline approaches ...........

My limitations here at the 8-9am London session are my office hours, I am in the office for 7:00/7:30am .. 1.30hrs ahead of the rest of my team and prep any trades I need to refine from Sunday night/over night sessions. Also doing any reading I need to on the train in.

N
i find that the us open is pretty hot as well........i will trade that session post 2pm GMT if i have time or mornign session has not been that profitable ............rare for both sessions to be lightweight .....

Maybe a good idea for a little lunchtime research!

I appreciate all of your input and feedback NVP, thank you.

Thanks - on the USDCAD trade, I placed the trade on the strong stochastics and placed the open above the supply zone, so it broke the previous supply zone and closed above the previous high.

On the USDEUR trade I held this trade for 3 days, I entered as it broke a previous resistance, I place my trades on orders, so I acknowledge this is not the most efficient way of triggering trades. I did not anticipate holding this trade as long as I had to.

Maybe I should post up a few more trades and we can talk them over?

I appreciate your interest and help

one of the components of my short term trading systems is about timing and the trade doing what i want pretty quickly .............im not saying that holding and waiting after entering is wrong............just saying that sitting in market when its slow/freezing can be painful in the long term.....relatively speaking for TF being traded ...........naturally 1 min TF is totally different dynamics to daily for eaxmple ......but as an example .....if im scalping 1 mins and i enter .......if that pair hasnt done what i want inside 5 mins im out .......so similarly that would equate to perhaps a week on a daily chart .......trading is generally about seeing momentum ......any delays or freezing has changed the dynamics and eroded / removed the traders edge

N