would you invest in that ?

romchex

Hello Trade2win,

I'm just asking to experienced people here if they think I could convince investors or a prop firm with this track record obviously I'm looking to raise the size of my account.

Every advises are welcome :)

I attached all the screenshots made on myfxbook

Cheers,

Attachments

• trackrecord 1.jpg
    trackrecord 1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 313
  • trackrecord 2.jpg
    trackrecord 2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 337
  • trackrecord 3.jpg
    trackrecord 3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 349
  • trackrecord 4.jpg
    trackrecord 4.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 319
  • trackrecord 5.jpg
    trackrecord 5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 283
  • trackrecord 6.jpg
    trackrecord 6.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 284
  • trackrecord 7.jpg
    trackrecord 7.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 277
  • trackrecord 8.jpg
    trackrecord 8.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 302
romchex - I don't have the experience to answer your question, but I do have a question.

I am confused by the statistics. You appear to have a W:L slightly under 50% - which isn't an issue in itself - but an average pips win of 10,765 pips and an average pips loss of 39 that's a massive skew.

Total pips won 900,668, but your best trade (May 23) netted 900,000 pips. There's something wrong with either the data or my interpretation of that data. A one trade wonder would be a problem all by itself, but the data just doesn't make sense whichever way I stack it..

You also have an expectancy of 5,000 pips, but which translates to only Euro9.20 per trade.

No idea about all the other stuff such as Sharpe ratio etc. but I'm sure I'm just clueless and it's all very impressive. I wish you luck in your search for funding, but suspect this isn't going to be the place to find it.

romchex - I don't have the experience to answer your question, but I do have a question.

I am confused by the statistics. You appear to have a W:L slightly under 50% - which isn't an issue in itself - but an average pips win of 10,765 pips and an average pips loss of 39 that's a massive skew.

Total pips won 900,668, but your best trade (May 23) netted 900,000 pips. There's something wrong with either the data or my interpretation of that data. A one trade wonder would be a problem all by itself, but the data just doesn't make sense whichever way I stack it..

You also have an expectancy of 5,000 pips, but which translates to only Euro9.20 per trade.

No idea about all the other stuff such as Sharpe ratio etc. but I'm sure I'm just clueless and it's all very impressive. I wish you luck in your search for funding, but suspect this isn't going to be the place to find it.

thank you for your answer, I don't want to raise fund here but just get advises from people that have great knowledge in the industry.

regarding the statistics :
basically the problem is the CFD trading, I trade mainly FX but also CFD sometimes (nikkei) and when the nikkei moves 100 points the FXCM system or myfxbook one consider it being 100000 pips if you understand what I mean.... so when my best trade on the nikkei was a 600 points win it results as a lot more translated in pips....

cheers

I can't make heads or tails of this either, but it has certainly peaked my interest

Hello Trade2win,

I'm just asking to experienced people here if they think I could convince investors or a prop firm with this track record obviously I'm looking to raise the size of my account.

Cheers,

what happened in late april ?

N

Hello Trade2win,

Cheers,

So far it looks great, but from my point of view ( experience ) I'd say this:

- In this industry, 6 month is very little time to be seriously assesed
- On based what do you base your strategy? Technicals? Statisticals? Fundamentals?
- Depending on your strategy, the number of trades would go, but 176 trades is not much, you could still have rough days
- How do you fight volatility ?

I hope not seem critic, just my experience, and really hope that you continue to do that great

Good luck

Hello Trade2win,

Cheers,

These systems do look interesting, but how does one go about analyzing them?

24wueyx.png

So far it looks great, but from my point of view ( experience ) I'd say this:

- In this industry, 6 month is very little time to be seriously assesed
- On based what do you base your strategy? Technicals? Statisticals? Fundamentals?
- Depending on your strategy, the number of trades would go, but 176 trades is not much, you could still have rough days
- How do you fight volatility ?

I hope not seem critic, just my experience, and really hope that you continue to do that great

Good luck

Thank you very much for your advises and questions ! Indeed I know 6 months is not enough I will aim for a 1 year track record at least.
regarding my strategy I take my decisions with Chartism and technical setups exclusively, I let my winners run as long as I don't have any reversing signals.
I have a very low risk per trade so I can pay stoploss according to volatility (atr) and I like the fact of trailing my stops to catch great trends. everything else is just psychological in my opinion.

These systems do look interesting, but how does one go about analyzing them?

24wueyx.png

Drawdown, % of losers / winners (too high is not good at all) , RR, P&L
most of those systems are demos account the performance couldn't be the same on a real account.

Thank you very much for your advises and questions ! Indeed I know 6 months is not enough I will aim for a 1 year track record at least.
regarding my strategy I take my decisions with Chartism and technical setups exclusively, I let my winners run as long as I don't have any reversing signals.
I have a very low risk per trade so I can pay stoploss according to volatility (atr) and I like the fact of trailing my stops to catch great trends. everything else is just psychological in my opinion.

You got me just curious about this:

- When you say that you take your decisions with chartism and technical setups, is this through an algorithm ( automated trading program ) or manually ?

- How do you know that always you are gonna get low risk?

I'm glad your trading is that just great

You got me just curious about this:

- When you say that you take your decisions with chartism and technical setups, is this through an algorithm ( automated trading program ) or manually ?

- How do you know that always you are gonna get low risk?

I'm glad your trading is that just great

Thank you a lot for you interest mate.
I take decisions manually on high probability setups, I get low risk everytime because I invest a standard amount per trade it's part of my plan it doesn't mean a standard amount of pips but if I need to pay a bigger stoploss I adjust the size of the position to get the same low risk amount. what's more I strictly follow my plan and my rules, no exception even if it's a trade I have 100% faith in I will not get a bigger position

Thank you a lot for you interest mate.
I take decisions manually on high probability setups, I get low risk everytime because I invest a standard amount per trade it's part of my plan it doesn't mean a standard amount of pips but if I need to pay a bigger stoploss I adjust the size of the position to get the same low risk amount. what's more I strictly follow my plan and my rules, no exception even if it's a trade I have 100% faith in I will not get a bigger position

It sounds you're very disciplined and objective, that's good, this is a hard business that doesn't allow disordered or emotional trades to go too much in the future. Keeping your trading flexible in amounts in order to low your risk is good. As human you'll have days of clear mind for trading with few errors but several bad days too. That's why I think that making your trading system or style into a Algorithm is convenient, above all in these days, where everyday much Algos takes more space in to this world.

Good luck, and I hope you continue to keep your results here, you never know

It sounds you're very disciplined and objective, that's good, this is a hard business that doesn't allow disordered or emotional trades to go too much in the future. Keeping your trading flexible in amounts in order to low your risk is good. As human you'll have days of clear mind for trading with few errors but several bad days too. That's why I think that making your trading system or style into a Algorithm is convenient, above all in these days, where everyday much Algos takes more space in to this world.

Good luck, and I hope you continue to keep your results here, you never know

Thank you :) I'll update my track record here in some months. Have you been trading in prop firms yourself ?