Would you be happy with 15% a year?

Just out of interest, who is it you trade with where you withdraw up to 5 time per month and how much do they charge you for each withdrawal?

It is unlikely I will ever discover all of my strengths and weaknesses - but it is also extremely unlikely anyone else will either. I'm delighted that you have such obvious comfort in feeling complete in this respect. However there is a downside in believing to have achieved closure on a topic in that typically you will not bother to continue to do research. Even if you're perfect, stagnation is never good news.

On a separate note, with such success in the field, perhaps you can show us one or two of your live trades tomorrow in the live trading thread? I can provide you the link if you like. We typically state an asset, direction, entry level stop and finally exit. All posted in real time with the actual prices achieved. Don't feel obliged but it would be good to get a feel for your MO.

I trade multi accounts all now with ECN Brokers - UK regulated and all offering negative balance cover. Its amazing what you can negotiate when you are a good client paying thousands in spread and commission fees per month. I normally withdraw by bacs which is free ( up to a certain number per month) and rarely pay for instant wire transfer. Its fairly irrelevant in the big picture anyway - just like a paying an extra 2 or 3 spread costs per month - so of no great concern when withdrawing over $5k.

The older you get the more info you have on your own SWOT analysis - especially after you have been married over 20 yrs :) - you will never know how you will react in every situation you may face - but you have a good idea. With regards to trading - its a never ending journey - Of course I know more now that I did 5 years ago - and maybe before I retire in the next few years I am sure i will discover more.

With regards to live trades - I have had the question asked over the last 16 month whilst I have been running my live intraday FX thread

During that time I have made over 3000 calls - and I would easily say 10% of them have been within 3 mins either side of when I have entered - trouble is - there is a 30 second delay on the threads and in busy periods it can take another few minutes - before they appear to all members

Being a short term intraday FX trader - I might know my levels I am looking at entering a new trade 15 - 30 mins or longer - but I will only know my actual price that meets my criteria and agrees with multiple clues approx 1 to 5 mins before I enter

Some of my winning trades with RR's of 2 or 3 can be over with 5 -10 mins - mainly because my stop can be under 3/ 4 pips when a pair as a spread cost under 0 7 of a pip.

I am going away on holiday this week - but rather than you joining me in the thread for just an hour or so - wait until I am back and then you are welcome to come and spend a few hours or days or weeks etc - just for you to see how good I am.

I am nowhere perfect - no trader is - bad weeks I might only have a 65% win ratio - and then other good weeks on 100 trades I will get over 85 correct.

The thing is - I will not burn out in just a year or a few like pro's under massive pressure trading multi million pounds capital accounts - simply because I am not compounding and putting myself under immense pressure - ie I take 10 -20 trades a day - my daily target is 50 pips - and many days I will double or treble it

Just to rub more salt into the commercial traders methods - In the 16 months I have been running a daily thread here - I have not had 1 losing day - repeat not had 1 losing day

OK - i have had over 40 days when I have not reached my daily target - but out the 250 trading days plus I have traded - hundreds have been 30% + above that target

If I am rare - OK - i am rare - but during this next year I will be joined by another member here - Major Magnum - who has been learning my method for 6 -8 months before he went with it on a small live account. He is not full time - but when he can have a 4 hrs plus session - he is achieving some great results - with very low drawdowns ( similar tight stops ) and high win ratios - ie over 80 %.

You may say all what I am saying is impossible - simply because commercial traders etc cannot do these type of results. The trouble is - they are never shown and so many dumped over the last 6 years with the emergence and success of HFT etc.

Regards

F

Money is not everything in life - I can assure all with that - but no two ways about it - its a far better life with money than without it.

Life is a balance

For example - when you are young and say under 25 - you are not thinking about living to 80 yrs Old plus

Many young people say I don't mind dying at 55 - as long as I have lived life to the full - ie made loads of money - enjoyed and got the most out of it etc. When they get over 50 - that all changes ;-))

For example - today I would far sooner be me - more than one of my sporting hero's ( Michael Schumacher - worth $200 million plus - but now a vegetable atm and only in his 40's ) or a business hero - ie Steve Jobs from Apple - yes also made millions - but really unhappy the last 5 years of his life and of course died early in his 50's.

For me - my balance is a combination of health / family / love / money / enjoyment / contentment etc not just money in isolation.

Hi Fx
Contentment and happiness demands to have a good balance, including the sphere on money and other desires.

Nico Rosberg comes to mind after you mentioned Michael Schumacher, Nico is a very talented driver, comes from an affluent family, and himself is not short of money, yet he does not appear to be happy. It looks like in spite of all his privileges, and many talents, he seems to suffer from a mid-life crisis arriving at least a decade too early. This time he complains that his fellow driver was too slow in winning the race, can anybody apart from Nico make any sense out of it :LOL::LOL::LOL: Is this anything but a pure and undiluted confusion, poor rich guy!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32274762

Fx have a nice break, and have a nice, preferably active holidays,

2be

Last edited:
Hi Fx
Contentment and happiness demands to have a good balance, including the sphere on money and other desires.

Nico Rosberg comes to mind after you mentioned Michael Schumacher, Nico is a very talented driver, comes from an affluent family, and himself is not short of money, yet he does not appear to be happy. It looks like in spite of all his privileges, and many talents, he seems to suffer from a mid-life crisis arriving at least a decade too early. This time he complains that his fellow driver was too slow in winning the race, can anybody apart from Nico make any sense out of it :LOL::LOL::LOL: Is this anything but pure and undiluted confusion, poor rich guy!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32274762

Fx have a nice break, and have a nice, preferably active holidays,

2be

Hi 2be

I would agree with you - Nico is far from happy - even though he has everything - money - a loving wife - a new child etc etc - he's has you say - having a mid life crisis at least 10 -15 yrs too early ;-)

Cheers with regards to the break - sailing around the Greek Isles - so active and relaxation both together ;-)

Good Trading to you

Regards

F

If a person cannot be happy with money, that's his fault. Having no money , in this day and age, is no decent alternative.

Forexmospherian, I dipped into your thread and had a laugh. Don't get me wrong, I love pantomime and that the t2w management let you continue suggests they see you as essentially harmless too. But I doubt there are too many that haven't guessed the nature of your subterfuge.

But I can't see one live call. Just a lot of truly ambiguous obfuscation.

Seriously, when you get back from your 'holiday', post a real live call in the live trading thread where the big boys hang out. Make a call like the rest of us, specific entry point and stop and exit point. Timestamp as per post.

Enjoy your holiday.

I trade multi accounts all now with ECN Brokers - UK regulated and all offering negative balance cover. Its amazing what you can negotiate when you are a good client paying thousands in spread and commission fees per month.

How can you be paying thousands in 'spread and commission' per month when you're trading an account as small as you say you are? And to suggest unnecessary cost is 'fairly irreverent' rather underlines my obvious suspicions. Every edge you can attain in these markets makes the difference. Anyone so insouciant to be unconcerned with such pointless extravagances does not have the right mindset to make a career out of trading.

But please be specific. Which benefactor 'ECN Brokers' offer you multiple transfers per month free of fees on a retail account?

I am nowhere perfect - no trader is - bad weeks I might only have a 65% win ratio - and then other good weeks on 100 trades I will get over 85 correct.

Excellent. We have much to learn from you when you return. Live trades thread. Asset. Direction (bought/sold) entry and stop. Exit. Easy. Looking forward to only having a 65% win ratio at worst and 85% at best.

At last, another retail trader without any BS giving unambiguous live calls, in real time with specific entry, stop and exit data. There aren't that many of us it would seem. Welcome to the club.

Forexmospherian, I dipped into your thread and had a laugh. Don't get me wrong, I love pantomime and that the t2w management let you continue suggests they see you as essentially harmless too. But I doubt there are too many that haven't guessed the nature of your subterfuge.

But I can't see one live call. Just a lot of truly ambiguous obfuscation.

Seriously, when you get back from your 'holiday', post a real live call in the live trading thread where the big boys hang out. Make a call like the rest of us, specific entry point and stop and exit point. Timestamp as per post.

Enjoy your holiday.

I think I had previous with you in your former life as Sigma D or Pieter Steidlymayer.

Do me a favour - look harder and grow up

I am not a trade alert service - but all my followers know how I trade and I even give the 6 key times I take 80% of my scalps in every hour.

I can see you just want an argument - and to be quite frank after what i have gone through with about 15 -20 other dissers on this forum - I just cannot be bothered with folk like you

If you cannot wait until I come back - contact NVP - gftrader 32 - My attitude - dearlife - and numerous other members here who would can verify my performance and expertise.

If you are not happy with that - just contact Major Magnum on this forum. He posted his trades for Friday afternoon on the thread. I taught him my method - and he works on similar tight stops and makes short term intraday trades

Otherwise wait to I come back and I will gladly embarrass further and make you eat your words

By the way - you own calls you made on your initial thread - what a joke - your risk to rewards - waste of time and I was quite shocked to see how bad you were ?

I am around for a bit tomorrow - so please call into the thread and I will show you some live - in the "now " - like the big boys - what a joker you are :)

Regards

F

I think I had previous with you in your former life as Sigma D or Pieter Steidlymayer.

I am not a trade alert service - but all my followers know how I trade and I even give the 6 key times I take 80% of my scalps in every hour.

I can see you just want an argument - and to be quite frank after what i have gone through with about 15 -20 other dissers on this forum - I just cannot be bothered with folk like you

If you cannot wait until I come back - contact NVP - gftrader 32 - My attitude - dearlife - and numerous other members here who would can verify my performance and expertise.

If you are not happy with that - just contact Major Magnum on this forum. He posted his trades for Friday afternoon on the thread. I taught him my method - and he works on similar tight stops and makes short term intraday trades

Otherwise wait to I come back and I will gladly embarrass further and make you eat your words

By the way - you own calls you made on your initial thread - what a joke - your risk to rewards - waste of time and I was quite shocked to see how bad you were ?

I am around for a bit tomorrow - so please call into the thread and I will show you some live - in the "now " - like the big boys - what a joker you are :)

Regards

F
This appears to be your default position. Anyone who challenges you is someone who challenged you before and gave up on this site. You cite two other posters in support of you, one of whom is also a failed trader and part-time contractor and the other, if accounts are to be believed, is your left hand multi-nic. As for gfttrader you hijacked his thread with all your normal nonsense for your own ends - at his trading experience expense.

My calls? Shocking? Not really. They're honest. What any real trader will experience. Not the fairy-tale you churn out. Which is why over time they will turn out to be closer to what is really achievable.

For us to have an argument you'd have to know what you're talking about so that's not going to happen.

So, before you go, who are your ECN brokers that charge you no transfer fee on a retail account?

Have a good time at Butlins.

This appears to be your default position. Anyone who challenges you is someone who challenged you before and gave up on this site. You cite two other posters in support of you, one of whom is also a failed trader and part-time contractor and the other, if accounts are to be believed, is your left hand multi-nic. As for gfttrader you hijacked his thread with all your normal nonsense for your own ends - at his trading experience expense.

My calls? Shocking? Not really. They're honest. What any real trader will experience. Not the fairy-tale you churn out. Which is why over time they will turn out to be closer to what is really achievable.

For us to have an argument you'd have to know what you're talking about so that's not going to happen.

So, before you go, who are your ECN brokers that charge you no transfer fee on a retail account?

Have a good time at Butlins.

Ah its good to see the asylum has more than the raving lunatics that post crap 24/7

Hey TechQuant,

Your posts are very similar to SigmaD and PeterSteidlmeyer or maybe even PurpleBrain so which one of these are you?

I'd like to know how the traders across this forum would react to a 15% annual return, would you be happy with that return?

Today, I think it's an excellent return... but 3 years ago, when I read you could make 5-10% a week across the retail trading spectrum, I would of thought it wasn't worth getting out of bed for in relation to what I others were saying was possible.

Trading capital is a very important factor when considering return as it's directly relative to your trading capital e.g. 15% of £10,000 (£1,500) isn't going to change your life... but 15% of £500,000 (£75,000) is a respectable sum and would put you in a top 5 percent of salaries across the UK.

When you look at compounding 15% annually, it becomes even more impressive. See the following balance growing at 15% a year:

Start Balance
£10,000

Year Balance
1 £11,500.00
2 £13,225.00
3 £15,208.75
4 £17,490.06
5 £20,113.57

That's over 100% return in 5 years.

So... do you think 15% a year is worth getting out of bed for? I'm interested to see the opinions on this.

"I would of thought it wasn't worth getting out of bed for in relation to what I others were saying was possible."

You have hit the nail on the head. You will find many people saying they get great returns but where is the evidence? What we do know is that 99% of traders lose money, 95% of fund managers can’t consistently beat the indexes, the S&P 500 returns an average of 8% per annum and Warren Buffett makes an average of 22% per annum for the last 36 years.Judged by that, you're doing well to get 15%. It stretches credulity to the limit to think that there are traders on here getting 200%+ per annum. Ask yourself, if this were the case, wouldn’t Warren Buffett, the 3rd richest man in the world worth $72.7 Billion, be feverishly trading the FOREX markets? 200% against his puny 22%! No he’s not and that says it all. The truth is beating the financial markets is fiendishly difficult and takes time, patience and years of practice. Having a realistic benchmark to begin with and looking at the facts pragmatically is the best start, the worst is believing the talent myth and the Ball S*****s proclaiming how clever they are and how dim you are for not making the return they supposedly make. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Regards

F

Where do you find the time to be so fantastically successful? You appear to post about 50 times a day, at 5 minutes each post that's 250 minutes or 4 hours and 10 minutes and yet you still have the time to be a day trader and be fantastically successful as you keep telling us all.

From tomorrow I am away on Holiday

I dont plan to answer any MND's* for now - but suggest they come and join me in the following thread for a day or week and then witness it with their own eyes

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ng-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-4200.html

For now - check out the following post numbers in the thread link

41996 - evidence of results from a similar intraday trader on Friday - I taught and is still learning

42003 - comment on being away

42072 - a comment to all MND's*

42074 - just to rub it in more.

With regards to the comment I must take 4 hours plus a day just blogging - how can I be an intraday trader and get fantastic results etc etc ??

Well thats easy to answer -

Intraday FX trading is boring - and at my level - I have it down to a tee

I start my first scalps from after 6 21 am most mornings - and spend 4 -6 hrs at my monitors over a 10 - 12 hr day session - with my 10 to 20 trades normally taking only 2 - 3hrs as scalps and then longer when left on with stops in profit - ie they dont need to be babysit so much

My typing takes between 20 seconds and 2 mins for normal thread comment and there can be from 2 to 4 comments per trade

Work that out and I am actually typing most days on trades for less than 90 mins - and its while I am watching the charts and trading etc

I have been doing this multi tasking for over 4 years now - approx 16 months on this forum

Many said it cannot be done - as you need full focus trading etc etc - well like everything in life - the more you do it and the more experienced and skilled you get at any procedure - the easier it gets.

I also beside blogging and trading - watch Sky News and listen to talksport radio - beside reading the papers and having regular breaks of 15 to 60 mins over the day.

After working for over 25+ years in business - and doing many weeks between 50 and 70+ hrs a week - full time intraday trading is a piece of cake - and hardly any weekend work away from the family ;-)

The proof is in the pudding - so any genuine traders and members are welcome to spend a few hours or days within me watching what I do and how I achieve my results etc etc

Sorry I cannot comment again for now

Have a good April

Regards

F

*MND's - ( multi nic dissers )

I never get tired of hearing how rich Warren Buffet is. The fact that he got that rich by not trading at all always seems an odd way in which to instruct anyone about the right way to trade.

I just do not know why I bother any more, anyway this is my last on this subject: Buffet is not a trader, he is an investor, he cannot make money on 5-10 pip move, he moves big money and sit on it....for many years, he can do that, he has a lot of money......

The retail trader is penalised in many ways but has a great edge which is being able to get in and out quickly and make a profit, he/she uses at time his obsessive skills in TA to determine a considerable move made by market movers and jump on the wagon for a profit, he/she has not conviction where the money is going to go next they only follow the money, that is their the job. FULL STOP.

Now, how does it do that? He does through very hard work and tenacity, a great amount of tenacity and many years of frustrations and failures, at time he cannot see the chart because he is very totally confused and depressed and blood is dripping from his eyes.

There is no one can teach you how to do it but yourself, yes others can guide you if you have enough openness and the ability the filter the mountain of cr@p around it, but at the end of the day it all depends on yourself and is not f@cking easy.

Now, if it does make you feel better saying that is not possible because you have not the guts and the strength to deal with all the above and more...than if that makes you happy I think is your prerogative... but please try to not convince others that is not possible because it is not possible for yourself, to me is not right.......

There is a trader on this forum (I am not mentioning his name..... sometime to time I pop in his journal...), he is showing his trades and thoughts at the end of his session, I can tell he is honest about his trades because his goal is to learn through his journal (great tool), I can see many times him being kicked in his teeth by the market, he always gets up and fights back to be kicked in his teeth once more and even stronger, but he always gets up, I can visual metaphorically the blood on his face making difficult for him to breath but still moving forward, ready for another fight and another and another. He has the emotional intelligence to know that at one point he will be not kicked as hard any more and even if he does get a few punches here and there he will be prepared...He is the one that is going to make it, it is just a matter of time.

Now can you do that? If you cannot, that is fine.....and 15% a year is great.

Last edited:
From tomorrow I am away on Holiday

I dont plan to answer any MND's* for now - but suggest they come and join me in the following thread for a day or week and then witness it with their own eyes

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ng-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-4200.html

For now - check out the following post numbers in the thread link

41996 - evidence of results from a similar intraday trader on Friday - I taught and is still learning

Forexmos... stop spamming the thread.. again.

The subject is 15% per annum / compounding / reality checks etc... keep on topic!!!

Forexmos... stop spamming the thread.. again.

The subject is 15% per annum / compounding / reality checks etc... keep on topic!!!

The percentage profit is not to relevant. How much percentage can you make is not a correct question to be asking.

If you can trade and regularly make money then the percentage you make is down to personal choice.

Once you are regularly profitable you can choose your percentage profit by adjusting your risk. If you are young and wanting to build up your account you may want to risk up to 4% a trade, aggressively pyramid and make use of notional accounts.

If you are retired and want a steady return with little risk to capital you may want to risk only between 0.25 to 1% per trade, with no pyramiding and no use of notional accounts.

The first case scenario may produce massive returns well over 15%, with perhaps a high chance of 10-30% draw downs and perhaps even a blow out for the lessor competent trader.

And the second scenario may produce a modest 7-12% return by the same trader and the same methods.

Assuming a trader can trade successfully in the first place then this question is pretty redundant, along with all the toing-and-froing arguments on this thread. :rolleyes: