Would the coming Monday-15/12/2008-be another Black Monday? Should I listen to frien

GHandy1

My friend told me that he sold all his stocks last Friday and suggest me to do the same. I didn't think the market would go down any further next week but I am not so sure now. My friend works in Canary Wharf and he's got a MSC in Economics from LSE. That doesn't matter. What is really bothering me is what made him change his mind(like me, he didn't believe the market would get any worse in the coming week). His uncle, a famous Feng Shui Master, called him from Hong Kong. He told my friend because the Moon is at its closest point to the Earth in 15 years, it upsets the balance of the Five Elements. Given the current economic circumstances, a stock market crash is very likely to happen within seven days. Should I listen to his advice? We can still make some decent profit from spread betting if the market does crash, right?

My friend's uncle's predictions have been proven right 8 out of 10.

So your friend has an MSc in Economics and up until last Friday he was holding stocks? I am amazed you would still pay any attention to what he says.

If he bought these stocks in the last couple of months he might have been up on the deal, but it is foolhardy to try to pick a bottom and almost always wrong, as he suggests hinself. If he bought these stocks earlier, unless it was purchase was in the 2002-2003 dip or in the early 90's he was probably losing heavily on the purchase prices. In both these case, what the hell was he holding on for?

Of course, he could be right about next Monday, but I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says about investing, let alone trading. His MSc in Economics clearly isn't the preparation required for successful personal investment.

My friend told me that he sold all his stocks last Friday and suggest me to do the same. His uncle, a famous Feng Shui Master, called him from Hong Kong. He told my friend because the Moon is at its closest point to the Earth in 15 years, it upsets the balance of the Five Elements.

<SARCASM> It'll be fine. The numbers in the date (1+5+1+2+2+0+0+8) add up to 19 and that can only be good. </SARCASM>

Ben

Think your friend's uncle is slightly late on the stock market crash. We had that already. If he can predict the end of the recession and when Dow will head up toward its all-time high, then we're talking. I assume he's also very rich and shorted pre-credit bubble pop a la John Paulson?

My friend told me that he sold all his stocks last Friday and suggest me to do the same. I didn't think the market would go down any further next week but I am not so sure now. My friend works in Canary Wharf and he's got a MSC in Economics from LSE. That doesn't matter. What is really bothering me is what made him change his mind(like me, he didn't believe the market would get any worse in the coming week). His uncle, a famous Feng Shui Master, called him from Hong Kong. He told my friend because the Moon is at its closest point to the Earth in 15 years, it upsets the balance of the Five Elements. Given the current economic circumstances, a stock market crash is very likely to happen within seven days. Should I listen to his advice? We can still make some decent profit from spread betting if the market does crash, right?

Listen to his advice very carefully. Last time there was a full moon, I made 1080 points on the Dow in 6 minutes. Plus on Thursday, there was a south easterly wind coming in strong now that normally doesn't mean much in itself but there was a confluence of the ploughman constellation that was visible at dusk and later on a black cat crossed my path. So I immediately went short Dollar Yen and made a few hundred pips in record time.

BTW, 8/10 times is nothing to be proud of.

I went bankrupt once being right 9.9 /10 times.

*shakes his ShadowNinja Lucky Ninja Death Nunchucks worth $39.99*

Hm. That's odd. Bugger. Need new batteries. Anyone got a 9 volt?

Market Jyotish

i think your friends uncles been visiting this guys website too :LOL: lets see what transpires :p i wouldnt bet the farm on it :p but might be worth a little punt :LOL: if their wrong you can join me on a little trip to find their farms, to start a little fire :p