would the broker let you win in the long run

A true broker doesn't mind whether you win or lose because they win anyway so long as you are trading and paying Commissions.
If you are talking about Spreadbetting then things are not so clear. Rather than me repeat all that has been said about them, do a scan of this site and get set for a lot of reading.
Glenn

A true broker doesn't mind whether you win or lose because they win anyway so long as you are trading and paying Commissions.
If you are talking about Spreadbetting then things are not so clear. Rather than me repeat all that has been said about them, do a scan of this site and get set for a lot of reading.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn for your reply, but yes, I indeed want to find out those spreadbetting brokers, and I really want to know more on this topic.

My understanding of it is as follows.

The more money that flows through the spreadbetting site the more money they will make, they make money from profitable customers just as they do from losers, as profitable customers hedge the losing ones plus they make a profit on the spread from them.

I personally have never heard of anyone having a SB firm close their account for being too profitable, and there are quite a few successful spreadbet traders on this forum.