wot u think o these then?

I agree. The objectives are something you dont know. Which means you are in no position to know if it makes a difference or not. True?
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...4-wot-u-think-o-these-then-4.html#post2279372

Also, bear in mind that Balodimas is highly unlikely to be using 2% risk,
more like 0.2% or even less...like I said, deep pockets have helped
with his survival.
Personally, I don't think this is a realistic technique for a retailer at all.
I don't fancy Balodimas chances long term either.

Last edited:
I agree. The objectives are something you dont know. Which means you are in no position to know if it makes a difference or not. True?

Then your question is meaningless mate , you cant ask us how you've performed at the 6-7 , then say : but you don't know my objectives ...
Based on what we have here i see a group of trades performed worse than "a no SL strategy with just one entry/trade" .
Scaling in - nothing wrong with that - is just a group of trades/entries , and it doesn't make it a single "big entry" .

Last edited:
Then your question is meaningless mate , you cant ask us how you've performed at the 6-7 , then say : but you don't know my objectives ...
Well i dont think its meaningless.
EDIT:- Bearing in mind you know the traders size 4ppp (which you didnt determine on your own) and you also know the range of price during the time they were involved. It should be easy to determine if the traders position (a short in this case) out performed the market or not.
From the shorts perspective:-
From entry to the top = 9198 -> 9344 = -146pts
Trader results = -86pts
Basic stuff. This is the part you missed and imo, far from meaningless.

Based on what we have here i see a group of trades performed worse than "a no SL strategy with just one entry" .
Then maybe you see it wrong

Last edited:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...4-wot-u-think-o-these-then-4.html#post2279372

Also, bear in mind that Balodimas is highly unlikely to be using 2% risk,
more like 0.2% or even less...like I said, deep pockets have helped
with his survival.
Personally, I don't think this is a realistic technique for a retailer at all.
I don't fancy Balodimas chances long term either.
One final point on this - liquidity.
Balodimas is a fund manager, which means size, which means liquidity issues.
It can be more beneficial for him to be selling when everyone else is buying
as he no longer faces the problem of trying to consume liquidity that may
not be present, or moving price and being ambushed by an HFT algo.
Instead, he is acting as a liquidity provider.

One of the key advantages of being a retailer is that you don't face the same liquidity issues.
So why disregard that advantage?

Last edited:
One final point on this - liquidity.
Balodimas is a fund manager, which means size, which means liquidity issues.
It can be more beneficial for him to be selling when everyone else is buying
as he no longer faces the problem of trying to consume liquidity that may
not be present, or moving price and being ambushed by an HFT algo.
Instead he is acting as a liquidity provider.

One of the key advantages of being a retailer is that you don't face the same liquidity issues.
So why disregard that advantage?
Agree with that but hes a prop trader iirc. just a VERY big one.
EDIT:- I see other other advantages to stepping in front of small trains not just liquidity. Getting a better price, giving yourself room to manage, trading with the weaker hands ;)

Last edited:
Lets have a look at the examples:-
example1:-
The primary objective was to test psych. (with small size, if i make some beer money then great)
The trade plan was to go with weekly direction which i have as down. Fading the 4hr direction, using 1min for entry/loss taking.
Desired size 4ppp/Max size 6ppp
No rules for when i start or when i stop but, i have to take every sell op the market gives me after i start.

I started to sell at 10,35am on the thursday at 9198,
I was fully positioned the same day at 11,06am at ave price of 9204.8
Then I managed my position with the aim of maintaining my size and grabbing a bit here and there if i felt i could.
I did this till friday eve and held over the weekend.
The market hit a fri high of 9344 and my final position before i closed out monday was averaged at 9337.2

The range of the the market during the time i was involved was:-
low to high : 9122 -> 9344 = 222pts
first entry to high : 9198 -> 9344 = 146pts
Ave entry to high : 9204 -> 9344 = 140pts
Ave to ave : 9204 -> 9337 = 133pts
Total amount i lost in the time i was involved in the shorts was £343.6 (there was a small profit 23.55 taken monday morning, the trades i cut out so be harder for you guys to get my size)

£344 / 4ppp = 86pts
Anyway you cut it, as a position seeking short, during that time i did ok.

Example 2:-
Primary Objective was to be profitable for the day.
Trade plan was to trade with 4hr direction entry/loss taking off 1min.
I cant be arsed to do the numbers but i did ok as a long, considering the day closed down some 45 pts.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 271
  • uncovered short close.png
    uncovered short close.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 255
Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what the point of this thread is?
No disrespect meant, but I just am not getting it. I'll admit it, I'm sh1t at analyzing other peoples trading (mostly because it's meaningless to me and my trading), so if that's the point then I'm sure I FAILED.

Peter

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what the point of this thread is?
No disrespect meant, but I just am not getting it. I'll admit it, I'm sh1t at analyzing other peoples trading (mostly because it's meaningless to me and my trading), so if that's the point then I'm sure I FAILED.

Peter
Hehe, i dont seem to do to well in general re getting my point across :p

The main point of the thread is for my education, and those reasons and results are gona stay with me.:)

Points for you guys are (id hope):-
1) You can control 'risk' without using stops
2) You can work your way into 'the' position without the risk of losing that position to a stop.
3) That managing is very different from averaging down.
4) That you dont have to be a magician that 'knows' where the ideal entry should be, or for that matter the 'right' place, to put that stop. :p
5) That you can improve your position in a way that benefits you, Ie looking at the numbers the worst way (ave - ave), I improved my position by 133pts, it cost me around 90pts inc costs and im new fish with this, bags of scope for improvement.EDIT:- Consider the scared money shorts rolling in after 1 oclock, depending on how much confirmation they needed, 90pts wouldnt have lasted the day let alone two. Once you are stopped out (big stops little stops, dont matter), your opportunity to benefit from a favorable move is gone, until you decide to play again.

think thats about it, sure theres more

I'll admit it, I'm sh1t at analyzing other peoples trading (mostly because it's meaningless to me and my trading)
EDIT:- I think we should be careful how we think about this.
What i mean is, if you investigate with an open mind, understand and come to a decision, thats great, youve given yourself the op to learn.
However, If we dismiss out of hand because something doesnt align with our beliefs or we just plain dont understand it, then we can rob ourselves of the op to learn.

Last edited:
Have just added some green edits, was machine gunning replies yday.
Phew, thread done.