Binary options backtesting/fowardtesting software

darkshad

Binary options backtesting/fowardtesting software

Hi.
I’m looking for some backtesting software that is easy to use which would give me some statistical/probability information which I could then use to develop binary option trading strategies. Would like to be able to backtest and forward test multiple strategies to see which ones would be the best.

Example 1
--EUR/USD 1 minute charts over x minutes/hours/days
--how many times were the upper/lower Bollinger Band hit in x minutes/hours/days
--show all times the lower Bollinger Band was hit one time. What percentage of the time was the next candle green?
--show all times the upper Bollinger Band was hit one time. What percentage of the time was the next candle red?

Example 2
--In a downtrend, show all times the lower Bollinger Band was hit twice in a row with 2 red candles.
--what percentage of the time was the 3rd candle green?
--What time range(s) was this the most accurate? Ie. during normal US trading hours, during normal eur trading hours, only during the first hours
--what percentage of the time was the 4th candle green?
--What time range(s) was this the most accurate? Ie. during normal US trading hours, during normal eur trading hours, only during the first hours

I could do manual backtesting, but I’m interested in trying to develop different binary options strategies and see which ones work the best in different time periods, markets, etc.

Most of the backtesting software I looked at has a stop loss and take profit objective. With binary options I have a time period where if I buy at X and the option expires at X+10 minutes is higher (where 10 minutes is the expiration timeframe), then I’ve won the trade.

I’ve found some software called Quantum Charts, and it looks pretty interesting, but it’s quite $$ for a subscription and not sure if it will do what I’m looking for.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Hi, where do you trade your binaries? Ive been doing it for 1 1/2 years with a variety of the bookmakers and that's worked out well except if you're hitting them to hard they shut you down. Im considering IG as they should take a lot more