Worst Performing Hedge Funds

Jack o'Clubs

Experienced member
1,554 342
Hedge fund returns are based on the weighted average return of each hedge fund's long stock positions in 1000 large-cap companies since the end of the latest quarter for which 13F filings are available. The number of long stock positions are shown in the # of stocks field in the rankings table.

In other words the returns calculated by this website are potentially very different from those achieved by the fund. True though that many hedge funds have not had a happy time of it recently.

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,229 2,055
Yeah, in general, the $$multi million hedge fund manager is no better than many retail punters. Lot of pressure on them though so they just risk it all in hopes they make it big. Any of us can do that ourselves.

Peter

Jack o'Clubs

Experienced member
1,554 342
Yeah, in general, the $$multi million hedge fund manager is no better than many retail punters. Lot of pressure on them though so they just risk it all in hopes they make it big. Any of us can do that ourselves.

Peter

True with some of the spivvier little funds I guess and some of the more edgy funds that make the news when they inevitably blow up (and usually being run on own capital as institutional investors would have avoided them like the plague) but in general that's simply not correct. Most fund prospectuses will have very strict conditions on risk tolerance, including acceptable information ratios, beta, leverage, sharpe ratios, tracking errors, etc and a host of back office guys and systems checking in real time that they are not coming close to those levels. Although as an urban myth i guess it makes everyone feel a little better that they could be one of the big boys too ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock