Worldspreads upgraded!

stevespray said:
Marv - It's a bit early to be hitting the sherry!

Happy Christmas,
Steve.

Egg Nog with a layer of flaming sambuka on top!

Merry New Year.

laptop1 said:
I have just received a PM from Marvin saying, I have been taken off referral and put on instant execution :D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

:D
just shows yer, persistance pays off sometimes.

all the best laptop, hope its a profitable step for you.

More, come on.

qmpma1 said:
Apologies, I was away for a few days & didn't realise the 10 minute remark caused such a debate. Anyway, here is a copy of the email:

Dear Paul,

We have taken your account off bet referral for the time being. You will
enjoy instant execution from now.

We flag all accounts for bet referral that place trades in currency
markets where the average bet duration is less than 10 minutes.

The short term nature of your trading pattern has placed you in this
category.

This is because the GBPUSD price feed we have is frequently up to 1
second out of date and allows for scalpers to trade inside the price. I
am not suggesting you are one of these scalpers, however, if you can
demonstrate that you are genuinely taking a view on the markets by
holding your positions for an average of 10 minutes or more, then we
will maintain your account on instant execution.

We will review your account regularly based on the above criteria only.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me

Kind regards
Larry Sack
Financial Controller

I understand that some may be able to take advantage from what they are saying, but 10 minutes is a long time....

Well thats a start, or the least they can and have done, thinking of their comment re gbp out of sync 1 second, nice of them to Demand a huge 10 minute exit lag for traders on the other side.

Is that Larry Sack the experienced international trader they have at worldspreads?

Whats that traders view on this 10 minute swap for 1 second delay, can he comment?

Is it fair to say then worldspreads DO NOT want traders who hold for less than 10 minutes ?

thats a long time, cant you scratch it down to 30 seconds at the max , even that is a long time if you count the beats. ?

Legion said:
Well thats a start, or the least they can and have done, thinking of their comment re gbp out of sync 1 second, nice of them to Demand a huge 10 minute exit lag for traders on the other side.

Is that Larry Sack the experienced international trader they have at worldspreads?

Whats that traders view on this 10 minute swap for 1 second delay, can he comment?

Is it fair to say then worldspreads DO NOT want traders who hold for less than 10 minutes ?

thats a long time, cant you scratch it down to 30 seconds at the max , even that is a long time if you count the beats. ?
Yes I agree, 10 minutes is a very long time, hopefully WS can get rid of this delay before Christmas, it certainly would be a nice Christmas gift.:D

WS is a very funny oufit if that letter is anything to go by. What a dip that guy must be, eh? Because there may be a 1 second lag, they will ask you to hold 10 minutes?! :cheesy:. They need to change the staff in that place, that is for sure. You would think they would have a better spin than that.

FXSCALPER2 said:
WS is a very funny oufit if that letter is anything to go by. What a dip that guy must be, eh? Because there may be a 1 second lag, they will ask you to hold 10 minutes?! :cheesy:. They need to change the staff in that place, that is for sure. You would think they would have a better spin than that.

I concur and i am leaving hehehe!

what a read this thread is! i think you guys are missing a big point or word! and thats average! this means that you can close a trade in seconds if you wanted but as long as your trades average out to 10 mins you will stay on instant execution. so for my swing trading strategy where i use sars for stop and reverse the trades can last from 1 min to an hour or even more. having this procedure in place will stop scalpers trading in very short time frames. im not a scalper so WS might be ok for me with my swing trades.

however saying that i would like to learn a profitable scalper strategy ,if any one knows of any link or willing to explain to me i would be appreciate it.

merry xmas and GL in your trades. what a crap flat day on the gbp/usd tgoday!

hey laptop let us know if you really are on instant execution and is it really instant? i might set up an account with them as my trades are avg easy 10 mins and getting ripped of by CMC with 3 pips.

i have a demo account but demo's executions dont reflect the real accounts.

a bad con with WS is that you can not place any limit orders if you have a open position. this is a real bugger if you stop and reverse trade. also your stops can not be larger than your open position, so hence you cant stop and reverse. i use the stop and reverse on imprtant news trades. but with cmc since i have been a bit profitable with it if my stop and reverse is hit on the initial news spike they will now slip me and my order will not show up for upto 1 min. (hence giving them enought time to pick what price to fill me at and its never as good as my stop price) if anyone knows of a platform that does not slip like that i would be really interested.

if you want a demo account with ws email enquiries on the web page and ask for one. also leave your surname and they get back to you within a few hours. they did with me.

I am glad you enjoy this thread. In fact it has been a pleasure communicating in a manner that is rather unusual but effective. I hope! Byn, are you the newbie that is secretly taking over from me? The Var of life is strange but obtuse...

Byn said:
hey laptop let us know if you really are on instant execution and is it really instant? i might set up an account with them as my trades are avg easy 10 mins and getting ripped of by CMC with 3 pips.

i have a demo account but demo's executions dont reflect the real accounts.

a bad con with WS is that you can not place any limit orders if you have a open position. this is a real bugger if you stop and reverse trade. also your stops can not be larger than your open position, so hence you cant stop and reverse. i use the stop and reverse on imprtant news trades. but with cmc since i have been a bit profitable with it if my stop and reverse is hit on the initial news spike they will now slip me and my order will not show up for upto 1 min. (hence giving them enought time to pick what price to fill me at and its never as good as my stop price) if anyone knows of a platform that does not slip like that i would be really interested.

if you want a demo account with ws email enquiries on the web page and ask for one. also leave your surname and they get back to you within a few hours. they did with me.
if you are looking for a sb company maybe take a look at futures betting live prices no problem getting in or out when you want, £5 000 deposit may put some off.not sure off spread as i only trade futures.

gle101 said:
Yes I agree, 10 minutes is a very long time, hopefully WS can get rid of this delay before Christmas, it certainly would be a nice Christmas gift.:D

We can work a deal Gle! I will try to fix the issue if you can find me a nice looking Karlstad Girl for christmas.

MarvinS said:
We can work a deal Gle! I will try to fix the issue if you can find me a nice looking Karlstad Girl for christmas.
Great Marvin, I'll take you up on that, I'll see what I can do for you, ha ha! No really, I thought you were married? Swedish girls are beautiful, one just can't deny that fact. What about the girls in Hong Kong? I guess there is a long procedure getting to know them, getting the permission to date them through the parents and all.:D

dcarrigan said:
if you are looking for a sb company maybe take a look at futures betting live prices no problem getting in or out when you want, £5 000 deposit may put some off.not sure off spread as i only trade futures.

Hi thanks, i looked at the company futuresbetting.com and i see a demo movie but its not quite the same as using it your self. do you trade with them and do they fill your stops on the price you put the stop at? i.e it says on one of their rules that they dont requote, they confirm, part fill or reject the order on avg 1/5 of a second. which sounds very good and fast but if they dont fill a stop then basically your focked.

the strategy i want to use is the stop reverse on say the big NFP report on gbp/usd. what i do is buy 1 lot 30 seconds before the release and set a 7pip stop lose but at 3 lots. so when the gbp/usd spikes up you win and when it spikes down you will be selling 2 lots 7 pips below the prereleased price. now since the NFP moves the gbp/usd on average 30-100 pips on the spike you will win either way. however the only way i have lost is when it whipsaws rapidly but you can counnter this by adjusting a new stop quickly after the spike to breakeven or lock in a small profit.

surly you trade this report on your instuments?

Byn said:
hey laptop let us know if you really are on instant execution and is it really instant? .

Well, I've only done one trade since being put back on instant execution, I let you know how it goes. What I can say, its very fast and the prices on the YM/Dow is like the real market I have had my ups and down with WS but everything seems to be sorted out now.

WS have admitted they had problems at the start, which is docomentet by me. But lets hope they can prove to everyone, the past is behind them and the way forward for WS is to be fully transparent with all clients and to be honest in their replies whether the answer are positive or negative to the clients, by doing this they could lead the way in spreadbetting in the UK .

Everyone knows me on here and from the other WS thread, I tell it, as it is. whether positve or negative at this time I'm Positive on Worldspreads.

Last edited:
Byn said:
Hi thanks, i looked at the company futuresbetting.com and i see a demo movie but its not quite the same as using it your self. do you trade with them and do they fill your stops on the price you put the stop at? i.e it says on one of their rules that they dont requote, they confirm, part fill or reject the order on avg 1/5 of a second. which sounds very good and fast but if they dont fill a stop then basically your focked.

the strategy i want to use is the stop reverse on say the big NFP report on gbp/usd. what i do is buy 1 lot 30 seconds before the release and set a 7pip stop lose but at 3 lots. so when the gbp/usd spikes up you win and when it spikes down you will be selling 2 lots 7 pips below the prereleased price. now since the NFP moves the gbp/usd on average 30-100 pips on the spike you will win either way. however the only way i have lost is when it whipsaws rapidly but you can counnter this by adjusting a new stop quickly after the spike to breakeven or lock in a small profit.

Futuresbetting.com has DMA, with added commission to the market spread obtained. If there is a gap in the "real" market, on the future you are trading, you won't get filled. They are quite expensive compared to e.g. IB. On the other hand, they are classified as a spread betting company, and as such, they are tax free. Worldspreads give you a re-quote at times, on the important news releases on the major currency pairs. WS have been open about this, it is well known to the members of this thread that this can occur.

Last edited:
Byn said:
what a read this thread is! i think you guys are missing a big point or word! and thats average! this means that you can close a trade in seconds if you wanted but as long as your trades average out to 10 mins you will stay on instant execution.

The problem for me is that my trades are all short term. In fact lately I have a stopwatch running on my PC, so that if I was still in a trade after a 1 minute and it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do I would exit.

The instant execution is instant - but I think this features is only really useful if you are a short term trader. Whats a few more seconds if you are trading for an average of 10 minutes?

Merry Xmas everyone from a short term trader learning to become a slightly less short term trader...

qmpma1 said:
The problem for me is that my trades are all short term. In fact lately I have a stopwatch running on my PC, so that if I was still in a trade after a 1 minute and it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do I would exit.

The instant execution is instant - but I think this features is only really useful if you are a short term trader. Whats a few more seconds if you are trading for an average of 10 minutes?

Merry Xmas everyone from a short term trader learning to become a slightly less short term trader...
Yes I know, it is hard to change to being a swing trader overnight. If you are a short term trader and don't exclusively trade on the delay (of which there isn't much on WS), there is no reason, in my point view, for WS to implement this as a general rule against short term traders. Having a stopwatch, as well as the market to trade against, simply doesn't work. I think the stress level will increase and one is more likely to make bad mistakes. I am quite confident that WS will solve this issue in the near future (hopefully before New Year). It is definitely not in their long term interest to see a lot of traders go elsewhere.

Byn said:

as you are trading live futures trading the news can be dangeries, can move 20-30points in seconds.. probably why other sb companys have problems at that time. re gle coment (expensive compared to ib) i trade both. ft little difference. ym little difference if you trade 51 lots a month. not really for new traders as cost per contract is as set by exchange. ft £10, ym $5, er2$10 etc. during market hours never seems to be problem with fills.out of hours spread normally widens as live prices. as i dont trade forex the demo should give you your answers as trading real market on it. hope this helps.

dcarrigan said:
as you are trading live futures trading the news can be dangeries, can move 20-30points in seconds.. probably why other sb companys have problems at that time. re gle coment (expensive compared to ib) i trade both. ft little difference. ym little difference if you trade 51 lots a month. not really for new traders as cost per contract is as set by exchange. ft £10, ym $5, er2$10 etc. during market hours never seems to be problem with fills.out of hours spread normally widens as live prices. as i dont trade forex the demo should give you your answers as trading real market on it. hope this helps.
I made a price comparison between the two a couple of months ago, and at that time there was a considerable difference. Maybe the prices have recently changed at Futuresbetting.com, and have come closer to those of IB now. The problem with Futuresbetting.com at the time, just as you are saying, was that you need to trade a lot of more contracts per month, in order to achieve a good price.