Windows 10 for free

You get 1 month to go back to previous version.

Clear as mud for me

http://www.howtogeek.com/220957/no-...-how-microsoft-plans-on-making-money-instead/

I sympathise. I'm not a great believer in getting anything back on the internet, whether it be Windows or anyone else.:D In my case, it's done and I have to take the consequences. I think that my son could do it. He got me on to Linux when my old XP got outdated, but I consider myself lucky. I haven`t a clue, myself.

Today I took a screenshot. Press Windows with Printscreen. The snap goes to "Pictures" file.

Ah! I have not got to that, yet. I do not know that what is available free but 10 offers seems to be a one month trial before paying. I think that I shall be able to get around that by downloading what I have on memory pin.

Paying did you say !!
I knew it would come down to that eventually. Perhaps when you have wiped off your old system etc.

There may be a freebe that I have not seen, yet. As I said, though, maybe there are saved documents in memory that can be used.

I believe this is the last version of Windows that Microsoft are going to put forward and as such it is free for everyone who has had to suffer with Windows 8.

I believe this is the last version of Windows that Microsoft are going to put forward and as such it is free for everyone who has had to suffer with Windows 8.

Although it may be the "last version" of Windows it will still evolve and change over time by means of continuous updates. What remains to be seen is the charging model.

The AI Cartona figure will undoubtably improve.
Having a know-all computer figure may have its drawbacks too. What if hackers or Govt figures like the IRS gain access to all the secrets you told her in confidence. Pillow talk exposed .....yikes

Though seriously as it learns from the PC owner it could compete in mental games as yourself. A legacy some would like. Having dead granddaddy's wisdom on line when needed. Knight to Bishop 4

:eek:

The AI Cartona figure will undoubtably improve.
Having a know-all computer figure may have its drawbacks too. ...................
:eek:

I've got one of those know-all computer voices on my car satav: needs to be kept on a short lead!

I've got one of those know-all computer voices on my car satav: needs to be kept on a short lead!

Make sure that you are lower than the lowest bridge! Last week a coach driver stripped the top off by going under a bridge, near Lille. I think it was. He was following a GPS route.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...word-with-facebook-outlook-and-skype-contacts

I got this from another trading site

"It is pertinent to note that Microsoft will activate these setting every time you perform an update, so users should make it a habit to disable these features accordingly."

It will provide a good defence in court when someone gets charged with piracy and file sharing violations that it was caused by Windows 10 settings automatically sharing password information.

It will provide a good defence in court when someone gets charged with piracy and file sharing violations that it was caused by Windows 10 settings automatically sharing password information.

That sounds like a good reason to avoid Windows altogether.

They are called personal computers. I don't share mine with anyone- Not sharing is bad enough, with having to change passwords for emails, etc.for security. Sharing, IMO, is asking for it.

I will stick with Yosemite and the upcoming OS X El Capitan. I can use a virtual machine for anything else I need.

Attachments

• WIN 10 UPDATE.JPG
    WIN 10 UPDATE.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 306