Will EURGBP go to Parity?

Will EURGBP go to parity?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Actually only a small part of the US was ever part of our empire, although arguably it was all of the best bits.

I would far rather become the 51st state of the US than remain in the EU...

hmm i think you will find the average brit does not agree with you on that one! brits arnt Europeans and never will be...

it will be an extremly sad day if the mighty pound ceased to exist..

we have a hell of alot more incomon with america than europe, it was once part of our empire, most of the population are of british decent and they speak the same lanuage..wqhat exactly do we have in common with france and germany? cept a few wars..:rolleyes:

On that arguement and not necessarily a bad idea - we'd be better off forming an alliance with India and adopting the rupee.

India was the pivot point of the whole British Empire!

America was only an investment ground for supplying cheap loans for the iron age - railways that were built primarily by the Chineese labour supply that subsequently opened up the whole country/continent.

It is also arguable that it led to the starvation of funds and investment in UK industries and ventures - having all those monies go to America. :idea:

Yes this is true but i was addressing the issue that was raised of the UK thinking there part of america as apposed to the EU. i'm with arabiannights, cant stand the eu want nothing to do with it

Yes this is true but i was addressing the issue that was raised of the UK thinking there part of america as apposed to the EU. i'm with arabiannights, cant stand the eu want nothing to do with it

I'm against Parliament handing power to Brussels too. I'm happy to take their money though with the economic union and common market. Whole thing has gone too far.

However, given the unification of global territories I'm not sure how long we can stand out on our own???

As for the US - this is the reason why we are in a **** hole in Iraq, Afghanistan and Sub-prime crises fiasco. Now they want us to take their Guantanomo Bay vegetables over here... UK is trying to sell the idea to the Europeans to help Obama out. What next?

US will collapse and break up, Russian analyst predicts - Telegraph

If the Americans can't take in the Guantanamo Bay prisoners, I don't see why anyone else should. I heard that the Portuguese made the first offer---what's the matter with them!

Split

If the Americans can't take in the Guantanamo Bay prisoners, I don't see why anyone else should. I heard that the Portuguese made the first offer---what's the matter with them!

Split

I agree 100%. They should be tried for terrorist offences and sent back to the country of their origin as guilty or innocent? Under international law with full Geneva convention rights applied. After all this was supposed to be a war on terror???

Status of prisoners was always an issue created by US. What are they? Guantanamo Bay detention camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The detainees currently held as of June 2008 have been classified by the United States as "enemy combatants." After claims were made that these detainees were not entitled to any of the protections of the Geneva Conventions, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld on June 29, 2006 that they were entitled to the minimal protections listed under its Common Article

Prisoners who have not been convicted? Some don't know what their crimes are? Have they been tried and found guilty? Under what court of law?

Happen to be at the the wrong place at the wrong time? Under UK law large number of US citizens would be arrested for holding an offensive weapon (a gun) without a license. It's ironic you go and invade a country and then arrest it's citizens indiscriminately for torture. Deny them Geneva convention rights. Deny them US law by locating them on an offshore lawless island. How brilliantly conveniant? Was this supposed to be a deterrent for would be terrorists? More like cowboys shooting them selves in the foot.

They are now all out of their heads with new forms of torture and brutality of the 21st century. Prisoners mutilate themselves so that the physical pain extinguishes the mental pain they feel. :cry:

Sadly, the worlds super power is morally and physically bankrupt. The two go hand in hand.

Can't understand why people have to be so polarised EU of US.
I spend a great deal of time in USA and France and enjoy both