Will Bernanke do it again???

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 50bp emergency cut to spike the shorts on SPX options expiry day.

Anyway an amusing cartoon below. :LOL:

Attachments

• Capt Credit Crunch Ben.jpg
    Capt Credit Crunch Ben.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Interest rates went from a high of 6.50 in May 2000 to 1.25 in November 2002.

Cutting interest rates is not a fix-all.

Dear Jim, please could we have a Fix it.... ?

Interest rates went from a high of 6.50 in May 2000 to 1.25 in November 2002.

Cutting interest rates is not a fix-all.

Now then Now then....

Dear Jim,

When is a Fix It not a Fix It ?
Yours Truly.

A. Concerned, America.

Now then ,now then ,as it happens the answer is when Uncle Jim's envelope ere' turns out to be 200 large lighter than it should be.

If all you wonderful Americano's out there would like some lubrication for the nation then Jim'll Fix It .
Fiscal gratuities of the correct weighting and manner to yours truly ere'.

Jim'll Fix It's Economics Department.
London
SE1.

Remember a Fix It by any other name, reeks.

Jim'll Fix It Badges by negotiation.

Attachments

• saville.jpg
    saville.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Ben Bernanke is one COOL GUY ... !!

Has a way of explaining economics and concepts that make most mere mortals have a " EUREKA " moment - every other sentence -

Alistair Darling has a way of explaining nonsense in such a BAD way - that you just want to throw yourself out the nearest window -

Ben Bernanke is one COOL GUY ... !!

Has a way of explaining economics and concepts that make most mere mortals have a " EUREKA " moment - every other sentence -

Alistair Darling has a way of explaining nonsense in such a BAD way - that you just want to throw yourself out the nearest window -

I agree in the sense, that he is good at explaining things to the public, but this guy is a desaster for the markets!!! So far at least !(n)

I agree in the sense, that he is good at explaining things to the public, but this guy is a desaster for the markets!!! So far at least !(n)

i think its hard to say a bit as well, who knows, maybe Hank Paulson would do a great job there, hes market savvy of course and has been at the top in finance - but hes probably too " hardcore " for a lot of the general public - whenever you see or hear him, you think of " EXTREME wealth ", Bernanke is a bit more chilled....!!
(and as im sure youve noticed - painfully shy and modest)..

i think its hard to say a bit as well, who knows, maybe Hank Paulson would do a great job there, hes market savvy of course and has been at the top in finance - but hes probably too " hardcore " for a lot of the general public - whenever you see or hear him, you think of " EXTREME wealth ", Bernanke is a bit more chilled....!!
(and as im sure youve noticed - painfully shy and modest)..

yes, they are quite different :D