Will artificial intelligence affect you ?

Perhaps they should teach WISDOM in schools to resist advertisers, lying politicians and clerics ?

But is it for the better ?
BIG BROTHER is creeping ever nearer and more intrusive.

In t'old days, wisdom was taught in schools to cross the road safely and don't get into strangers cars or go to their houses, that was about it.

The ideological teachings in schools nowadays almost appears to be the opposite to the olden days, they appear to teach diversity, LGBTQ+, anthropogenic climate change and have a distinct left wing bias of resistance to Tory govt, protest and strikes and have removed non-left wing teachers and any teacher with dissenting views.

Maybe it's a sign of the times that many more pupils are home schooled nowadays.

Last edited:
In t'old days, wisdom was taught in schools to cross the road safely and don't get into strangers cars or go to their houses, that was about it.

The ideological teachings in schools nowadays almost appears to be the opposite to the olden days, they appear to teach diversity, LGBTQ+, anthropogenic climate change and have a distinct left wing bias of resistance to Tory govt, protest and strikes and have removed non-left wing teachers and any teacher with dissenting views.

Maybe it's a sign of the times that many more pupils are home schooled nowadays.
It is partly due imho to the current school curriculum. I got A levels in geography and history. 2 interesting subjects but not much use in the workplace. They should be teaching business, accountancy and practical, useful subjects in schools. These days there are too many chiefs and not enough workers. The pay schedules need to be fairer. Both types are needed.

It is partly due imho to the current school curriculum. I got A levels in geography and history. 2 interesting subjects but not much use in the workplace. They should be teaching business, accountancy and practical, useful subjects in schools. These days there are too many chiefs and not enough workers. The pay schedules need to be fairer. Both types are needed.

They should be teaching how to grow food organically at home and how to cook it, how to collect rainwater and filter it to make it potable, how to turn waste material into compost or gas for heating and cooking and and how to keep oneself alive in times of adversity, off a non-existent grid.

When the robots take over they will do the business, accountancy and many other jobs humans used to do, business qualifications will be defunct.

'Self sufficiency' will become a byword once again, corresponding population reduction will ensue as many will fall by the wayside, unsupported by failed government with little tax to collect, each man for themselves or join in larger communities for safety and resource sharing.

Or maybe the use of robots as human replacements will be restricted and we carry on as we are, enjoying a balance of technology and human growth.

I'd argue against that: geography is now a very scientific subject and history, when taught properly, encourages proper analysis and critical thinking. Scientific understanding and ability to reach conclusions based on proper thought are often things that are lacking in modern business & government. As a postgrad in both history & science myself I continually came up against this problem when working in government employment. They just don't get it. Hopefully, now we have the Cummings influence things might change for the better.

They should be teaching how to grow food organically at home and how to cook it, how to collect rainwater and filter it to make it potable, how to turn waste material into compost or gas for heating and cooking and and how to keep oneself alive in times of adversity, off a non-existent grid.

When the robots take over they will do the business, accountancy and many other jobs humans used to do, business qualifications will be defunct.

'Self sufficiency' will become a byword once again, corresponding population reduction will ensue as many will fall by the wayside, unsupported by failed government with little tax to collect, each man for themselves or join in larger communities for safety and resource sharing.

Or maybe the use of robots as human replacements will be restricted and we carry on as we are, enjoying a balance of technology and human growth.

Great post.

I'm so pleased i'm not the only one thinks like this.

I'd argue against that: geography is now a very scientific subject and history, when taught properly, encourages proper analysis and critical thinking. Scientific understanding and ability to reach conclusions based on proper thought are often things that are lacking in modern business & government. As a postgrad in both history & science myself I continually came up against this problem when working in government employment. They just don't get it. Hopefully, now we have the Cummings influence things might change for the better.

Have we had your views on the climate change nonsense? 🤣

Have we had your views on the climate change nonsense? 🤣
TBH what I can contribute would add very little to the argument. It's too easy to get embroiled in entrenched views and the science is so uncertain that like Brexit, you can "prove" whatever case you want to make and that seems to be what is happening. As far as I know, climate change has been going on since the beginning of time and we are but mere pawns in the big picture of events. But there will always be someone who knows better!

FWIW I'm much happier doing my trading where statistically the outcome is much more certain & the results are easily quantified. I like the scenario where all you have to do is listen to what the market is telling you and act accordingly.

Great post.

I'm so pleased i'm not the only one thinks like this.

They have been doing this in Africa for the last 20 years haven't they, to a point. If the climate swings around to turn the Sahara green, then the effects could be a complete reversal of fortunes. It's why the Chinese and EU have African ambitions, fighting over resources.

Perhaps they should have a ban on anyone under the age of 60 being in the military. That should stop major wars.
lol
The 20 somethings can fight it out in The Middle East and kill off most of the young hot heads.

Perhaps they should have a ban on anyone under the age of 60 being in the military. That should stop major wars.
lol
The 20 somethings can fight it out in The Middle East and kill off most of the young hot heads.
I was mulling this exact idea a couple of weekends ago.
We send the young and fit to fight wars. This should be banned.
They should be building homes, and starting families, and starting careers.
All fit and healthy people should be banned from the military.
Soldiers should be drafted from hospitals and the waiting lists, and old peoples homes.

Send them off to wars, and offer a guarantee of medical intervention if they return alive.
This way we get to kill off the ill and weak; reduce medical waiting lists, cut NHS budget, more jobs for the young and healthy, more housing etc.

I was mulling this exact idea a couple of weekends ago.
We send the young and fit to fight wars. This should be banned.
They should be building homes, and starting families, and starting careers.
All fit and healthy people should be banned from the military.
Soldiers should be drafted from hospitals and the waiting lists, and old peoples homes.

Send them off to wars, and offer a guarantee of medical intervention if they return alive.
This way we get to kill off the ill and weak; reduce medical waiting lists, cut NHS budget, more jobs for the young and healthy, more housing etc.
Spoken like a true Malthusian :p

....but wait a minute! If we get rid of the oldsters and encourage the youngsters of breeding age, won't they then just breed even more and exacerbate the problem (and the need for a more extreme solution) that the Rev. Malthus identified in his splendid essay...

Maybe we should just stick with war, famine and pestilence...quite topical that last one :p

I take it none of you have ever been a soldier! How will a 60+ year old:

• Lean down to tie up boot laces
  • Shoot a target at 400m
  • Carry a GPMG
  • Carry 50Kg of kit plus weapon and ammo
  • Run 1.5 miles in 11 minutes in boots, March 8 miles with webbing and weapon in 1.5 hours, and pass a bleep test
  • Perform a firemans carry, leopard crawl, assault course
  • Drive all manner of vehicles
  • Get promotion
  • Breathe through a respirator
  • Have to wait longer for a military pension
  • Operate cyber wars
  • Spend months in the jungle/desert/frozen poles
  • Dig a shell scrape, patrol for days on end with 2 hours sleep per night
  • Handle all manner of mental challenges that life hasn't already thrown at you
  • Trade
I'm guessing not much thought has gone into this :ROFLMAO:

I take it none of you have ever been a soldier! How will a 60+ year old:

• Lean down to tie up boot laces
  • Shoot a target at 400m
  • Carry a GPMG
  • Carry 50Kg of kit plus weapon and ammo
  • Run 1.5 miles in 11 minutes in boots, March 8 miles with webbing and weapon in 1.5 hours, and pass a bleep test
  • Perform a firemans carry, leopard crawl, assault course
  • Drive all manner of vehicles
  • Get promotion
  • Breathe through a respirator
  • Have to wait longer for a military pension
  • Operate cyber wars
  • Spend months in the jungle/desert/frozen poles
  • Dig a shell scrape, patrol for days on end with 2 hours sleep per night
  • Handle all manner of mental challenges that life hasn't already thrown at you
  • Trade
I'm guessing not much thought has gone into this :ROFLMAO:

On the contrary, a lot of thought has gone into this.
They would be so disorganised, they probably wont get to fight.
They will probably just drop dead from the exertion. (on both sides)
No guns being fired, no missiles, no drone strikes,; just coronaries, or their organs giving out.

Imagine an Iraqi invasion where the oldsters land on the beach-head, then mill around in a fugue state, wondering what they came into this country for.

Win-win for all around.

EDIT: absolute apologies for derailing this thread into levity. I seem to have taken too many absurdity pills.
We have to keep the Monty Python flag flying!

On the contrary, a lot of thought has gone into this.
They would be so disorganised, they probably wont get to fight.
They will probably just drop dead from the exertion. (on both sides)
No guns being fired, no missiles, no drone strikes,; just coronaries, or their organs giving out.

Imagine an Iraqi invasion where the oldsters land on the beach-head, then mill around in a fugue state, wondering what they came into this country for.

Win-win for all around.

Except all us youngies get wasted as we offer flowers of peace to the invading hordes, we may as well be monks waiting for the vikings arrive, I know let's offer them all our gold and then they won't kill us........that turned out well in the 6/7/8th centuries (which is about the mentality of the ME at the moment)!

Except all us youngies get wasted .......

You - a "youngster" Sig!!!??

Well, OMG & WTF & MHD!

I would never have guessed by yr posts which to me come across as the ravings of the archetypical Old Git....

...and just in case: that was supposed to be levity as well:)