Why you shouldn't demo trade

Everything is supply & demand

Yes, that’s right. The law of supply & demand is always at work, from small daily movements to weekly, monthly and yearly movements.(y)

Yes, that’s right. The law of supply & demand is always at work, from small daily movements to weekly, monthly and yearly movements.(y)

It is speculation that makes the markets move.

The law of supply and demand is an economics term that does not in any way explain or pre-empt moves in the market.

Speculation on the other hand does an outstanding job.

I don't agree with the point that demo account is needless. One the one hand, it's useful because when you open a real account right away, it will lead to the money drain. On the other hand, to trade on a demo account for 3 years, as it's suggested here, is silly. It's better to use a cent account instead, to start trading with real money.

It is speculation that makes the markets move.

The law of supply and demand is an economics term that does not in any way explain or pre-empt moves in the market.

Speculation on the other hand does an outstanding job.

it does have a real meaning in trading as well:

buying demand at market
supply of sellers at this price

shortage of supply makes the market move...

That's quite true Kaeso. However, I don't see how it fits into the average sort/intermediate trader. :confused:

its off topic r.e. demo, i was just replying to what toast said. i dont know what the original reason for talking about supply/demand was

Agreed, but would sum it up a bit differently: fear and greed move the market...

fear and greed are the main enemies of any trader. Only those who have learnt to control these feelings can succeed in forex. But frankly speaking, this is not as simple as it seems.

Demo is good to learn the platform

Demo is ok, but I see far too many people who stay on it for far too long. Nothing like the real deal.

Would have to agree from experience I demo trading too long, and in the long run it really dampen my trading until I just quit demo trading then I was better off. Demo trading is only good to learn the platform not to try to see it you can make profit; because when it's cash on the line either you know it, or you don't. Trading is forever learning

I totally disagree with the theory that demo trading is a waste of time or priceless. Demo trading is the opening bell for the new comers to gain some basic practices about the market. It has some drawbacks for sure but you have to overcome them in order to trade live account with the probability of long stay.

fear and greed are the main enemies of any trader. Only those who have learnt to control these feelings can succeed in forex. But frankly speaking, this is not as simple as it seems.
That's true, easy said than done.