Why no1 else puts their face as profile photo???!! loool ;)

ok spanish 89, ill upload one of myself, if i can, i see what you mean, would be better to see the face of the person youre communicating with...

MP -- Taken in Dominica where I learned about spanish men

enjoy

mp

Aloha,
slightly unusual post i know, but im suddenly very curious about this for some reason.. LOL :LOL::D

Why does no-one else on here except for me actually put their own face as their profile photo??? :?: :-0:| :LOL::p

Ive seen a huge range of photos that are unrelated to peoples profiles or trading as their profile pic...,
But so what is this fear or concern that people have in putting their own face as their profile photo???!!

I know that this isnt a dating site or anything like that... :LOL::cool: , but i just feel that it would cauase a slightly more communal community feel to the online trading community on this website if we all could actually see what other people actually look like, rather than everyone else being so secretive and anonymous!! :LOL::LOL::LOL: :sleep::sleep:

So lets all express our views on this subject...... LOL :LOL::LOL: :cheesy::clap::cheesy: :LOL::LOL:

:devilish:
Possible reasons for no photo -
No. 1 - The Feds :cool:
No. 2 - The tax authorities :cool:
No. 3 - Random stalkers :cool:
No. 4 - Preferred overall anonymity in the general sense so that you are free to discuss without restrictions.

I've increased the file sizes allowed, profile pics can be up to ~500kb, from ~100kb, and avatars/sig pics can be ~50kb, from ~20kb. Also don't forget the avatar size changed some time ago to max of 85 pixels high and wide, so if you want a slightly larger avatar, you can upload one now.

If anyone has problems uploading images, do let me know if you think there's a problem.

There appears to be limit to the size of any photograph of 97kb looking through my photos they all seem to be in the region of 1mb. So not sure spanish89 how you managed to do Advice me how to do it and I will post a picture

Hiya gamma ~ download IrfanView (it's free) and it'll compress even the big pixel photos so you can upload them. I use it a lot on eBay, v.useful

www.irfanview.com

thanks Nkruger,
Very useful.
I have use for it elsewhere but here I was getting mixed up between the avatar and profile picture,
I have managed to upload one since.( as you can see on the left )
( I am just a stupid ole ' dog not up to date with all this new technology )

Possible reasons for no photo -
No. 1 - The Feds :cool:
No. 2 - The tax authorities :cool:
No. 3 - Random stalkers :cool:
No. 4 - Preferred overall anonymity in the general sense so that you are free to discuss without restrictions.

No. 5 - Excess animal magnetism ;)

No.6 - As opposed to 6 pack Johnny you may call me 'Big cask'