Why no1 else puts their face as profile photo???!! loool ;)

spanish89

Established member
Aloha,
slightly unusual post i know, but im suddenly very curious about this for some reason.. LOL :LOL::D

Why does no-one else on here except for me actually put their own face as their profile photo??? :?: :-0:| :LOL::p

Ive seen a huge range of photos that are unrelated to peoples profiles or trading as their profile pic...,
But so what is this fear or concern that people have in putting their own face as their profile photo???!!

I know that this isnt a dating site or anything like that... :LOL::cool: , but i just feel that it would cauase a slightly more communal community feel to the online trading community on this website if we all could actually see what other people actually look like, rather than everyone else being so secretive and anonymous!! :LOL::LOL::LOL: :sleep::sleep:

So lets all express our views on this subject...... LOL :LOL::LOL: :cheesy::clap::cheesy: :LOL::LOL:

:devilish:

Aloha,
slightly unusual post i know, but im suddenly very curious about this for some reason.. LOL :LOL::D

Why does no-one else on here except for me actually put their own face as their profile photo??? :?: :-0:| :LOL::p

Ive seen a huge range of photos that are unrelated to peoples profiles or trading as their profile pic...,
But so what is this fear or concern that people have in putting their own face as their profile photo???!!

I know that this isnt a dating site or anything like that... :LOL::cool: , but i just feel that it would cauase a slightly more communal community feel to the online trading community on this website if we all could actually see what other people actually look like, rather than everyone else being so secretive and anonymous!! :LOL::LOL::LOL: :sleep::sleep:

So lets all express our views on this subject...... LOL :LOL::LOL: :cheesy::clap::cheesy: :LOL::LOL:

Experience has shown that a person's appearance can affect how the listener or viewer responds to their argument Eg the Nixon / Kennedy radio/TV debates of 1960 Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates, 1960.

The great thing about forum postings is that you can make an objective assessment of someone's stated case - no dodgy photo to undermine or enhance their credibility. (This does of course make the big assumption that what they say is actually what they mean!)

Having said that, i don't suppose that's why most people omit their photo. In my case I just think the photo I've posted is more interesting!

Aloha,

Hey! This IS what I look like. :eek:
Anyway, somewhere here I even posted a pic of my foot that I use to buy/sell.

Why does no-one else on here except for me actually put their own face as their profile photo???

I think you're confusing avatar with profile. If you click on peoples names next to their posts, you can see their profile. The pic next to your post is just your avatar.

Quite a few members do have real pics of themselves in their profiles, but to be honest, I'm much more interested in how someone trades than how they look. appearance makes no difference to performance.

I know that this isnt a dating site or anything like that...

I think thats the point. If T2W WERE a dating site, or a swinger site, then I guess everyone would post pics of themselves, possibly naked in the latter case. Or at least, they'd post a pic of how they want people to think they look. But it isnt, so thankfully, they dont.

Last edited:
Aloha,

I look like George Clooney and as such it would intimidate other memebrs of the forum, especially women. What's more, women are all over me like a rash in real life. I find this forum is an escape from that nightmare.

UTB

There appears to be limit to the size of any photograph of 97kb looking through my photos they all seem to be in the region of 1mb. So not sure spanish89 how you managed to do Advice me how to do it and I will post a picture

UTB,

Do you think women find looks or wit the most attractive feature in a man? When George Clooney is in a Hollywood nightclub surrounded by women is he thinking, "I hope to fucck Danny DeVito doesn't show up."

That's a Jacky Mason joke.

Grant.

UTB,

Do you think women find looks or wit the most attractive feature in a man? When George Clooney is in a Hollywood nightclub surrounded by women is he thinking, "I hope to fucck Danny DeVito doesn't show up."

That's a Jacky Mason joke.

Grant.

Fortunately I have both, and a huge wad. That's why Tarquin was so attracted to me.

UTB

There appears to be limit to the size of any photograph of 97kb looking through my photos they all seem to be in the region of 1mb. So not sure spanish89 how you managed to do Advice me how to do it and I will post a picture

ALoha mate, um basically just ignore what the file limits and size restrictions say, and try uploading your photo.

Mine was way over the size they said was limit, but i had no problem.. :)

Thanks for that spanish but it keeps saying "cannot save file"
maybe its some kind of canine racism or dogism
Or maybe the mods don't want too many canines joining t2w

Attachments

• DUKE2..JPG
    DUKE2..JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 750
Gamma,

In my experience, a dog is ok on USD/JPY but keep it well away from CHF crosses. Nightmare.

Grant.

Spanish,

"Mine was way over the size they said was limit". Probably attached your ego to the file (joking).

Grant.