Why automation is a must

For $150 they say they will code up my ideas within 2 - 5 working days. It went in today so I am now sitting back with fingers crossed etc. I will let you know what happens. I don't even know if it will make a profit.

Dude, you dumped a similar sized load of cash on some gold EA some months ago and it was pretty worthless [it didn't make any trades after a week or two if I recall], and now you're looking at spending more money on another get rich quick trading scheme?

Here's an idea why not keep hold of your cash, stop relying on others through their coding skills or their EAs and just trade your discretionary strategy and just stop looking for the "holy grail" and wasting your hard earned dough?

Sorry but this sort of stuff is just painful to read. :|

Dude, you dumped a similar sized load of cash on some gold EA some months ago and it was pretty worthless [it didn't make any trades after a week or two if I recall], and now you're looking at spending more money on another get rich quick trading scheme?

Here's an idea why not keep hold of your cash, stop relying on others through their coding skills or their EAs and just trade your discretionary strategy and just stop looking for the "holy grail" and wasting your hard earned dough?

Sorry but this sort of stuff is just painful to read. :|

Sorry to inflict such pain on you. Believe me I feel it too ! But after years of trading not very successfully I have virtually conceded that I need the help of this new automation craze and have put some money aside for it, knowing that I may not succeed, but giving it a go. Somewhere someone will crack the problem. Hopefully I will be around to clean up.

You may be willing to sell one of your more profitable systems ?

It's not a user-friendly system at present. It assumes you already have a cointegrated portfolio you want to trade. (If you don't know what that means, it wouldn't be useful to you.) Various parameters have to be updated weekly, which means running optimization routines for a couple of hours on the weekend. It's coded in Mathematica, which I'm guessing most people here are not familiar with. I may eventually put it into a more usable form for interested retail traders, but it's not there now.

Sorry to inflict such pain on you. Believe me I feel it too ! But after years of trading not very successfully I have virtually conceded that I need the help of this new automation craze and have put some money aside for it, knowing that I may not succeed, but giving it a go. Somewhere someone will crack the problem. Hopefully I will be around to clean up.

hey Pat ..............as someone else said I would persevere with your own trading path and not go to the EA route .......I have worked with a few quants who also programme for the big banks and they all confess it takes deep pockets (mucho millions) to make EA's work in the real world ...........still not really seen any of them crack it in the retail market personally ........and believe me these guys are the real deal compared to many amateurs out there posting EA's on T2win ;)

N

Well the good news is they have sent back the coded up system plus some of their own ideas as optional. This is for checking for bugs. However except for one small point it seems bug free.
I am happy.
I had the big idea and they have added the nuts & bolts. Brilliant. I couldn't have coded it.

:clap:

Well the good news is they have sent back the coded up system plus some of their own ideas as optional. This is for checking for bugs. However except for one small point it seems bug free.
I am happy.
I had the big idea and they have added the nuts & bolts. Brilliant. I couldn't have coded it.

:clap:

Any results yet patty-boy?

Any results yet patty-boy?

It is very close to the break even. Up sometimes and then down again. I designed it without Martingale. I need to run it for a week or two to try and see exactly what it is doing. There are plenty of inputs but I haven't explored them all yet.

Fingers crossed.

Automated Strategy

This is what capitalism is about! (y)

Hello people, I am looking to team up with someone to improve and trade an automated strategy I have developed for trading DX futures. (US Dollar)

I have backtested it and attached are the results.

Looking forward to hear some feedback. Thank you !

Attachments

• Profit Curve.PNG
    Profit Curve.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Performance metrics.PNG
    Performance metrics.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 190
The stats look good. Just as a matter of interest what instrument are you testing it on ?
Averaging only about 10 trades a year ? If you are on forex of course you could attach it to other pairs too. I like about 10 trades a day. Is it profitable on other instruments ? i.e. robust or optimised for the one ?

The stats look good. Just as a matter of interest what instrument are you testing it on ?
Averaging only about 10 trades a year ? If you are on forex of course you could attach it to other pairs too. I like about 10 trades a day. Is it profitable on other instruments ? i.e. robust or optimised for the one ?

These stats are unoptimized, so they are very robust. Changing a few parameters will not cause any major variation in results. The only downside is that this system makes very few trades...about 1 a month. The instrument being traded here is the US Dollar Futures.

If any trader wants to team up, please let me know and we can discuss more.

I have an engineering background (however i am not much of a coder) with 5 years of futures day trading experience.