Why automation is a must

Belligerent_Drunk

38 4
Well the good news is they have sent back the coded up system plus some of their own ideas as optional. This is for checking for bugs. However except for one small point it seems bug free.
I am happy.
I had the big idea and they have added the nuts & bolts. Brilliant. I couldn't have coded it.

:clap:
Any results yet patty-boy?

Pat494

Legendary member
13,968 1,431
Any results yet patty-boy?
It is very close to the break even. Up sometimes and then down again. I designed it without Martingale. I need to run it for a week or two to try and see exactly what it is doing. There are plenty of inputs but I haven't explored them all yet.

Fingers crossed.

Pat494

Legendary member
13,968 1,431
The stats look good. Just as a matter of interest what instrument are you testing it on ?
Averaging only about 10 trades a year ? If you are on forex of course you could attach it to other pairs too. I like about 10 trades a day. Is it profitable on other instruments ? i.e. robust or optimised for the one ?

Wickedsunny

2 0
The stats look good. Just as a matter of interest what instrument are you testing it on ?
Averaging only about 10 trades a year ? If you are on forex of course you could attach it to other pairs too. I like about 10 trades a day. Is it profitable on other instruments ? i.e. robust or optimised for the one ?
These stats are unoptimized, so they are very robust. Changing a few parameters will not cause any major variation in results. The only downside is that this system makes very few trades...about 1 a month. The instrument being traded here is the US Dollar Futures.

If any trader wants to team up, please let me know and we can discuss more.

I have an engineering background (however i am not much of a coder) with 5 years of futures day trading experience.