Whom do you use to trade the forex?? 1 Reason Why??

olimits7

Hello, everyone.

I just wanted to start this thread to get an overview on who everyone uses to trade the forex.

Just simply answer the following 2 questions.

1. Who do you use as your forex broker (or brokers if you use more than one)?

2. One or Two major reasons that made you choose this particular broker? (For example: great software, tight spreads, great customer service,...)

I'll go first.

1. I use 0anda as my broker, but I'm looking into also opening an account with G.F.T.

2. The reason I picked 0anda was due to tight spreads, no minimum to open account.

Looking into G.F.T because I like their trading platform.

Thank you,
olimits7

Been using FxSol demo for a couple of weeks and like it a lot . Would appreciate any other suggestions before I go live .

Have the option to use my Direct Access broker as they seem to have a pretty good system too but would have to pay comms

Up until now I have only bought, held and then sold real currency,obviously no leverage, and only gaining on the fluctuations over longer time periods.

I have been using ACM advanced currency markets S.A demo for about 5 months now. It seems very good....... in demo mode, does anyone use it? is it the same/ as good live as it appears in demo? My account should be open by middle of this week and would appreciate anyones advice!

I have demo'd about 6 other platforms in the last 12 months and this one seems the best, quotes certainly appear to keep up with real time, their own charting is good and their 'what you click is what you get' (wyciwyg) policy on quotes seems to stand......... in demo mode anyway!

Main broker is FXSol. Originally chosen for flexibiltiy on leverage and lot size. Current platform changes starting to p**s me off though.

Also opened an account with GFT to gain some of their features, but platform stability means I am going to close this.

Now also have an account with InterbankFX. 2 reasons: you can run automated trading strategies with them, which can alleviate screen watching for non-descretionary traders, and they also claim to act purely as a broker, placing trades in the interbank market, reducing the 'always counterparty' risk.

G-Man

fxsolo

harryc said:
Been using FxSol demo for a couple of weeks and like it a lot . Would appreciate any other suggestions before I go live .

Have the option to use my Direct Access broker as they seem to have a pretty good system too but would have to pay comms

just watch out for fxsol. not so good. they do like to spike prices and take out stops.

try fxcm.com

better platform with great execution.

Since December 2004 I have my account at Oanda.
Reasons
1) tight spreads
2) web-based java platform - but I am missing a PDA version
3) quick response support by e-mail

fxsol also offers:

-FLEXI-Leverage - Select Leverage: 50:1, 100:1, 200:1, 250:1, 300:1, 400:1
-Full Hedge Capability

Guys does any1 know of a broker where you can trade Eurex and Forex using you own platform and charting packages.... e.g X-trader and CQG?? many thanx

Hi linuxtroll

I am trialing Oanda in game mode account now and it's pretty cool especially
how one can just visually drag stop-loss & profit line to a point in the chart itself.

Anyway, got a question. I have checked through the site about commission and
other costs but find nothing about commission at all. Is this site really
commission free and 2 pip spread only for EUR ? Or does the commission
apply when trading smaller amount ?

Thanks
SD

linuxtroll said:
1. Oanda
2. Great platform that works very well on Linux; Low Spread...

I use GFT and have done for a long time. My manager is Wes Newman who is a great guy. He will help you tremendously [email protected]

The indicators and charts are the best on the market. I use Keltner, Forex trend and DMACD mainly.

If you need help, email me.

Phil

olimits7 said:
Hello, everyone.

I just wanted to start this thread to get an overview on who everyone uses to trade the forex.

Just simply answer the following 2 questions.

1. Who do you use as your forex broker (or brokers if you use more than one)?

2. One or Two major reasons that made you choose this particular broker? (For example: great software, tight spreads, great customer service,...)

I'll go first.

1. I use 0anda as my broker, but I'm looking into also opening an account with G.F.T.

2. The reason I picked 0anda was due to tight spreads, no minimum to open account.

Looking into G.F.T because I like their trading platform.

Thank you,
olimits7

clarification

wannagetstacked said:
No commision with oanda,eur/usd spread is 1.5
Taxes however apply unlike with an SB company

Hi

Sorry if this sounds like a newb kwestion, but exactly how do taxes apply? :(

Thanks

traderster said:
Hi

Sorry if this sounds like a newb kwestion, but exactly how do taxes apply? :(

Thanks

The post you are referring to talked about differences for residents of Great Britain. Spread betting is tax-free there (according to gambling laws). Standard forex is taxed in GB.

You've got to figure out by yourself what taxes apply to you in Canada. Or maybe some Canadian trader on this board can help you on this.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I use three different brokers. Each has their own advantages. Moreover, I feel my money is safer that way (diversification of funds).

:!: To the poster here mentioning ACM - forget them. Run, don't go, away from them if you don't want to be parted from your money. It's enough to say that it doesn't cost them a cent to give you demo profits. Live trading is a completely different ball game with them. :devilish:

Harry did you sign up for the currency challenge?

harryc said:

I use Oanda because
1) you can have small position sizes
2) the platform is "firewallfriendly" and there is no installation needed

Thanks

MineralWater said:
The post you are referring to talked about differences for residents of Great Britain. Spread betting is tax-free there (according to gambling laws). Standard forex is taxed in GB.

You've got to figure out by yourself what taxes apply to you in Canada. Or maybe some Canadian trader on this board can help you on this.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I use three different brokers. Each has their own advantages. Moreover, I feel my money is safer that way (diversification of funds).

:!: To the poster here mentioning ACM - forget them. Run, don't go, away from them if you don't want to be parted from your money. It's enough to say that it doesn't cost them a cent to give you demo profits. Live trading is a completely different ball game with them. :devilish: