Who do you use ?

Rich1983

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to spread betting and the first account I opened was with Ig Index, i've been looking about at other companies to see if anyone can beat them. who do you use and why? and who would you recommend to use or stay away from?
Also any opinions on city index and cmc markets?

Rich, I also use IG and have been with them for a couple of years. If you look around this site you will see, and may have already seen, some of the negative stories on the various sb companies. I have only used ig and would say that i have not suffered the problems other traders have with other sb companies. Just the general set up of the ig website, the ease of access to information and the content appears a bar above the other sites where i have opened membership just to browse round. You may find differences here and there with the spread from one sb firm to another, but id stick with ig. Iv not had any problems with them apart from a real ****ty trade which wiped me out, but that was my problem not theirs.

Rich, I also use IG and have been with them for a couple of years. If you look around this site you will see, and may have already seen, some of the negative stories on the various sb companies. I have only used ig and would say that i have not suffered the problems other traders have with other sb companies. Just the general set up of the ig website, the ease of access to information and the content appears a bar above the other sites where i have opened membership just to browse round. You may find differences here and there with the spread from one sb firm to another, but id stick with ig. Iv not had any problems with them apart from a real ****ty trade which wiped me out, but that was my problem not theirs.

I've found Ig Index pretty good but I haven't tried anyone else to compare them with, I had a look at cmc markets earlier and their platform looks pretty impressive and Im contemplating giving them a try but thought id ask about on here first to see the general feedback from other members. I use my iphone a lot whilst I'm in work and the Ig Index mobile app is also really good but again I haven't tried anyone else to compare them with.
I've read a few posts on here where people have their ups and downs with certain companies but I suppose once you find one that suits your style you'll naturally stick with it.

The one thing that continually bugs me is the indicative pricing. I can't say for sure if it is a problem or not but the notion just doesn't sit easy with me.

I hear often of difficulty with fills at cmc. Messages including market suspended or price no longer available or words to that effect. Sometimes get 'price no longer valid' at ig, but very rarely.

I hear often of difficulty with fills at cmc. Messages including market suspended or price no longer available or words to that effect. Sometimes get 'price no longer valid' at ig, but very rarely.

I get 'price no longer valid' every so often trading uk shares with ig-index, pretty annoying when your trying to get a quick sale to maximise profits.

Hi Rich

If you are fairly new to trading I would just keep trading with IG. Your efforts should focused on finding an edge and money management. changing the SB broker will not help you. Also have a think about your own temperament, this is one of the battles you have to have with yourself. For myself when I started I lacked patience, I always wanted to be involved in the market, overtrading and revenge trading killes me. I only started to change when I got very angry with myself this is a stage that many people have to go through. I am now quite happy to sit infront of the sreens for say 3 hours and not make a trade, knowing that a decent set up hasnt arrived and pass on a lot of tempters. For me I need to know that when I lose a trade it is not because I took a dumb set up, a B trade, whatever you want to call it. You need to develop IRON discipline and I am still working on that. just my 2cents.