who has been unsuccessful so far in forex?

simon,

Good to hear that - gives us newbies some hope. You may have covered this but over waht period did you turn $30k into $600K? What currencies do you trade? What is your average stake? Hom many pips do u usually take? Have ypu suffered any drawdowns? If yes what is the average drawdown?

I am sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I am eager to learn and you did say that was the purpose of this thread.

gullible said:
simon,

Good to hear that - gives us newbies some hope. You may have covered this but over waht period did you turn $30k into $600K? What currencies do you trade? What is your average stake? Hom many pips do u usually take? Have ypu suffered any drawdowns? If yes what is the average drawdown?

I am sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I am eager to learn and you did say that was the purpose of this thread.

i achieved this in 1year and a few months. i trade majors and a few crosses. I play with multiple lots. i take between 20-200pips. yes, drawdown average is 50pips.

but lets remember my drawdown was 150pips. now it has improved.

just sold eur/usd 1.3390, aiming for 1.3250

Simon - you're wasted trading such a small amount of capital privately - you should work for, or set-up a hedge fund with that sort of return.

From $20K to $600K - wow.

Must be something wrong with me forex chart service. EUR / USD hasn't been 13390 since about 2pm today according to these :confused:

30k to 600k in just over a year fantastic :eek:

year 1 30k to 600k
year 2 600k to 12000k
year 3 12000k to 240000k (240,000,000)
year 10 =richest man in the World. and the accolade of the best trader the World has ever seen.

simontucker said:
i achieved this in 1year and a few months. i trade majors and a few crosses. I play with multiple lots. i take between 20-200pips. yes, drawdown average is 50pips.

Simon,
Looks like you are having a spot of bother convincing the troops and yet
the solution to your problem is simple.

Just post your trades on this thread as you open and close them.
Oh, and why not through in your p stops just for good measure.

As for me .... I admire a winner, good on you.
I await your input with the keenest anticipation.

Back to the original question, I've just blown 9k in about 6 months on my first venture into forex.(demo), After about 4 months I opened another demo as the original account looked pretty poor and I am glad to say that after 2 months 'playing' its quite healthy. Please bear in mind that I am trading on a very very part time basis, so I think I blew 8.5k in about a total of 30 or 40 actual decison making hours. WAKE UP CALL OR WHAT. The only reason I'm posting this this is to back up a previous post saying that newbees shouldn't go live to soon. It took me 4 years to learn my full time job, and still learning, so anyone out there thinking that they've cracked forex as a novice, don't.

Hi ya simontucker,
Just wondering how long have you been trading for learning and so on also do you write a diary/notes on your trades to study where you went wrong ??
thanks in advance,
Adrian

bently said:
Back to the original question, I've just blown 9k in about 6 months on my first venture into forex.(demo), After about 4 months I opened another demo as the original account looked pretty poor and I am glad to say that after 2 months 'playing' its quite healthy. Please bear in mind that I am trading on a very very part time basis, so I think I blew 8.5k in about a total of 30 or 40 actual decison making hours. WAKE UP CALL OR WHAT. The only reason I'm posting this this is to back up a previous post saying that newbees shouldn't go live to soon. It took me 4 years to learn my full time job, and still learning, so anyone out there thinking that they've cracked forex as a novice, don't.

The only problem with Demo mode, is you are protected from pyschological pressures of forex trading. I too demoed for 6 months winning and losing. At the end I managed to just keep ahead and was always learning after every trade I executed. The other problem is you become complacent as its not real and its not your money.

When I started using my OWN money, suddenly mentally I changed. Its a constant battle with your mind in the real world of forex. I have been trading live for a year and to be honest nearly lost it all in the first 3 months. But since then I have turned it around and learnt from many mistakes, technically and pyschologically. Forex is a beautiful thing, but can turn ugly. It takes experience after experience to get better, you learn faster when its your own money. Demo mode is the perfect introduction to forex, but sooner or later you have to make a call to go live and bite the bullet!!

As for this simon character that turned 30K into 600K (TELL'EM HE'S DREAMIN!!!!!!!!!!!)

chrisw said:
Its not how much you've got - its how you use it!

I`d say you`re right on the money there. There are some that started out with a mini forex account which is $200-$300 and grew it large enough, then changed to a regular account, all the while gaining more experience in the real environment & learning to cope with the losses/gains along the way. Starting with big bucks and being green, could lead to big losses, only need a handful of trades to go against you and you`re wiped out.

Think of it, a dude1 comes along and says....Hey man...I started with 50K, & lost it.
And another dude2 started with 300 bucks.. made his 50K and lost it,
And yet another dude3 comes along started with 300 bucks ...got to 50K had a few bad trades that knocked his account around abit, but ended up keeping a sizeable portion of it, with good money management etc.

Even if one had 50K one would be more inclined to be like dude2 or dude3, wouldn`t you think?

yiros said:
Think of it, a dude1 comes along and says....Hey man...I started with 50K, & lost it.
And another dude2 started with 300 bucks.. made his 50K and lost it,
And yet another dude3 comes along started with 300 bucks ...got to 50K had a few bad trades that knocked his account around abit, but ended up keeping a sizeable portion of it, with good money management etc.

Even if one had 50K one would be more inclined to be like dude2 or dude3, wouldn`t you think?

Dude 3 definately . A few 'bad' ( depends how bad ) trades knocking the account around a bit is all part and parcel of trading . Good money management , discipline and the ability to take those losses quickly are what keeps us in the game .

As for 30 to 600k that is indeed impressive if true so congrats mate you are surely in the top 5 traders on this forum

Hey, sorry for not replying for such a long time. I been on holiday with a few friends.

I would love to post everything but i just dont have time.

You can join me online. But only people who have real money on stake. Im not talking aboutt $10,000 accounts. Im talking about over $20,000 accounts. People who have just started or been at it for such a long time like 1 year and havent succeeded. These are the people I want to help.

first email me, dont act clever by just adding me to yahoo messenger as i will not respond.

[email protected]

simontucker said:
You can join me online. But only people who have real money on stake. Im not talking about
$10,000 accounts. Im talking about over $20,000 accounts. People who have just started or been
at it for such a long time like 1 year and havent succeeded. These are the people I want to help.
Great ! Please post your trades here !

:rolleyes:

Well, its been almost a month now, we should be seeing some results. Did anyone join simon, and was it an awesome moneymaking experience? Inquiring newbie minds want to know.

mechman

Good grief....I just wasted a good 20 minutes wasting my time reading this thread...just to find out mr. tucker is a fraud- that should've been obvious from the start....anyone figure out what he's selling ?