Who are 'Bucket Shops' and who arent?

phoenix25140

Looking for broker recommendations.

I hear bucket shops being thrown around alot on here.

Can anyone recommend one that isnt classed as a bucket shop?

Thanks

Looking for broker recommendations.

I hear bucket shops being thrown around alot on here.

Can anyone recommend one that isnt classed as a bucket shop?

Thanks
Generally, the term applies to spread bet firms in the UK.
The U.S. have their own equivalents with OTC derivatives.
Anything thats DMA isn't a bucket shop.
In the truest sense, proper DMA means exchange traded.
All depends on what you want to trade.

bucket shops - because of

a) boiler room (cold calling and asking for deposit and promise gain a lot)
b) scam - unregulated brokers that can take your money and dissappear or just use clients money in marketing etc..

a) ironfx , easy forex, etoro, vantage, instaforex etc

b) all unregulated brokers

bucket shops - because of

a) boiler room (cold calling and asking for deposit and promise gain a lot)
b) scam - unregulated brokers that can take your money and dissappear or just use clients money in marketing etc..

a) ironfx , easy forex, etoro, vantage, instaforex etc

b) all unregulated brokers

Hi,

I don't agree with your statement about all unregulated brokers are scams. Actually you have more chances to get scammed if broker is regulated. Broker needs to be regulated to SCAM legally, so government can regulate it not to OVER SCAM clients.

In my personal experience like 85% of regulated broker were total SCAMS and around 40% of unregulated brokers were SCAMS.

Regards,
Joseph.

Bucketshops are brokerage firms in the forex that are not really in direct touch with the real market. Rather they trade by betting against their clients. They are not healthy for forex newcomers as bucketshops could be morally POISONOUS that clients may end up VOMITING too much. Investopedia see them as a fraudulent brokerage firm that uses aggressive telephone sales tactics to sell securities that the brokerage owns and wants to get rid of. The securities they sell are typically poor investment opportunities, and almost always penny stocks. Brokers like the Oanda, Liteforex,Avafx are no bucketshops. They (bucketshops) are sometimes called boilerrooms and are not legalized in the US.

Come on own up, whose proxy lulz multinic is this :LOL:

Hi Guys

I have BURNED BADLY TWICE (yes, yes, yes, I was downright stupid and suckered) by FXGM. So I would like to know who are considered HONEST at least when it comes to withdrawals of funds. Slippage issues really don't worry me much because my trading style is to take long-term positions anyway. Getting my money from the broker (even if it takes a week or two) when I need funds is MOST IMPORTANT!! Please advise on who you guys feel would meet my requirements.

Thanks
Sylvester

Hi Guys

I have BURNED BADLY TWICE (yes, yes, yes, I was downright stupid and suckered) by FXGM. So I would like to know who are considered HONEST at least when it comes to withdrawals of funds. Slippage issues really don't worry me much because my trading style is to take long-term positions anyway. Getting my money from the broker (even if it takes a week or two) when I need funds is MOST IMPORTANT!! Please advise on who you guys feel would meet my requirements.

Thanks
Sylvester

Bump