Which would you would you pick.....(trading styles)

Oatcake_eater

100 pips a month and a 95% win rate or 1000 pips a month and a 65% win rate?

I've got two trading styles and this is the sort of stats I'm looking at. I can use both of course but which would you prefer if you had to pick?

both. the low drawdowns of the first will smooth the volatility of the second as a combined strategy.

do you have these stats from a significant sample of 100's of real trades, or is this from an unproven backtest result?

TheBramble - I'm just asking for opinions, out of interest really. The two styles are from two different people, both would say there’s is best as you can imagine :D

Need more info to make a decision. Nos of trades, profit factor, size of positions, other risks (slippage etc).

scammer ?

Oatcake_eater said:
TheBramble - I'm just asking for opinions, out of interest really. The two styles are from two different people, both would say there’s is best as you can imagine :D

So you will not be looking for fresh fodder for your "mentor" :eek: on these boards then :!:

old

hornblower said:
Neil
you cynical old thing!!

bet you are going to say less of the old

Hornblower

You could make some easy money in side bets :D

Hey, don't belive me if you don't want to. It makes no odds to me.

I'm not trying to sell anyone anything, I just wanted people’s opinions. Say it is hypothetical then, does that make it better for you?

Last edited:
Oatcake_eater said:

I've got two trading styles and this is the sort of stats I'm looking at. I can use both of course but which would you prefer if you had to pick?

A case of 'having your oatcake and eating it' perhaps? :cheesy:

Wot - no Mentor now?

Oatcake_eater said:
Hey, don't belive me if you don't want to. It makes no odds to me.

I'm not trying to sell anyone anything, I just wanted people’s opinions. Say it is hypothetical then, does that make it better for you?

Too late Oatcake - You stated you have a Mentor which naturally raised the question of why you choose to ask the board questions that could be answered by your Mentor thus keeping the source of your incredible trading system, and its' mechanics, to yourselves.

I'm happy to be proved wrong so why not get your Mentor to join in the discussion,share his knowledge and debate money management etc. :)

Oatcake_eater said:

I'd take 'em all if they were for free ;) got any spare for me ?

If you can guarantee me the 1000 pips without having to look at the screen all day then I'd take that... How much does it cost though ? Is your mentor charging you ?

I've answered the question as to why i've asked the board. Just out of interest to see if people's thinking is the same as mine. Nothing more nothing less, you can read into it as much as you like but there's nothing in it.

I don't have to prove anything to anybody Neil. As I say , I'm not trying to sell anything and it's up to you if you belive me or not. I couldn't care less.

Oatcake_eater said:
I've answered the question as to why i've asked the board. Just out of interest to see if people's thinking is the same as mine.
So, what is your thinking?

oatcake
we are just pulling your leg a bit
because thing are a bit slow at the moment
got It ??

Hornblower

and we have nothing else to do

There's been an asusmption of equal drawdown on both systems. Is that the case, otherwiswe comparison isn't possible.