Which european market?

arzoo

Hi,

I'm new to european futures and am looking for a market that moves enough. I trade the US futures but am moving back to asia in a couple of months, which makes the US time zone quite difficult to do.

I trade through IB and have noticed a few european mkts that seem to look ok. To give you a brief background, hopefully to help in suggesting which mkt...

Generally, I trade intraday, mostly trends and reversals. And like markets that have good daily trading ranges. In the US, I trade the YM and ES moreso than the ER2 (which I quite a bit wild for me), the NQs on the other hand dont seem to move enough for me. I'd also like the ability to move 20 contracts per trade without getting partial fills too much or slippage.

The one's I've identified are ESTX50, Bund, FTSE100, CAC40. I've seen the DAX and though it's very enticing for a lot of traders, it's pretty much like the ER2 or a bit more than the ER2, which is too tough for my liking. I'm leaning more on the FTSE (though I'd like to know how the behavior is, ie. choppy?, easy/hard to trade, is it fast/volatile, is there enough volume to move freely,etc.), coz it looks like there is enough volume and there is good range, compared to the ESTX50 and Bund (though the latter 2 have tons of volume). The CAC, am not to sure.

Would appreciate thoughts and experiences, along with pros/cons of the markets I mentioned.

Also, are there any other mkts you like?

Thanks.