Where's the data?

sopelote

Hi.. I have some old esignal price data on an old PC (TS2000i) that I would like to retrieve and place into my TS2000i on my present PC.. the hard drives are communicating so I just need to know how to find that old data and how to bring it from the old TS2000i application to the current TS 2000i application. ..all replies greatly appreciated... one more small thing is Ive been trying to figure out how to change the clock on the lower right of my TS2000i screen from greenwich to local time..any suggestions? thanks again. :D

Is your old PC still up and running, ie are you able to open up GlobalServer on your old PC as this makes the whole task very much easier ?

Paul

Thanks Paul..yes, what I have done is placed my old hard drive into my new PC,...I now have 2 local disks a 'c' and an 'e'... the only problem is that when I click on global server, it starts my newer application from my c disk and dosen't go to the 'e' disk... but right there inside the PC is all my old data on the 'e' disk because that was not hurt by my first computer's demise.... I just have to find that data and move it to my new application... what do you think?

Last edited:
This makes your task more difficult. If you had left the old hard drive in the old PC then you could have exported all the data to a single file and imported it to your new setup.

This may be a bit tricky and does carry some risk (so please consider this before proceeding) although I have done it once before but cannot remember the exact sequence.

Before doing anything copy the entire Server directory found at Program Files/Omega Research/ Server to a new location so that if all goes wrong you can copy it back and all should be as it was.

1) On your old hard drive Find the directory Program Files/Omega Research/Server

2) Copy across the following files: GSQF.mst, sysevent.dat, symswap.dat, symlist.dat, perfmon.dat, symfilt.dat, symset.dat and ctlist.dat

3) Now find the directory Server/pds

4) Copy across the entire contents

5) You may also wish to copy across the entire contents of the "My Work" folder as well especially if you have particular settings on certain charts.

Close down, reboot and see if that works.

Good Luck

Paul

Thanks for your help Paul.. it will take me a couple of days to get to this but I'll let you know how it goes..thanks again.