Where to begin?

Radec

Hello.
Obviously I am new, and would like a little help, if anyone has a little time.

I'm 21, and after stumbling around this site, and topic, it seems to be a lot more of an interest than I ever thought it might.
Some time later, I decided I'd like to really try my hand with it.

So I would be very grateful if anyone has a direction to recommend starting in.

I'd like to say that I'm anticipating a lot of time and effort to be invested.
I know that you absolutely cannot expect to start and prevail without years of experience.
Id really like to learn about trading, starting from scratch.

Also, does anyone know where I can find any demos I can use?

Thanks

Hello.
Obviously I am new, and would like a little help, if anyone has a little time.

I'm 21, and after stumbling around this site, and topic, it seems to be a lot more of an interest than I ever thought it might.
Some time later, I decided I'd like to really try my hand with it.

So I would be very grateful if anyone has a direction to recommend starting in.

I'd like to say that I'm anticipating a lot of time and effort to be invested.
I know that you absolutely cannot expect to start and prevail without years of experience.
Id really like to learn about trading, starting from scratch.

Also, does anyone know where I can find any demos I can use?

Thanks
first steps are all here..
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/89078-essentials-first-steps.html

Currently reading through that already.

If I'm honest, I like to view peoples thoughts and views, too.

Thanks

Thanks

OK, then the very first thing I would be working on, is defining the trend.
what works for you, and that is then your blueprint for your strategy..thats your next thing..once defined your strategy, backtest
use a few instruments only. You will miss great opportunities with a net too large
then forward test on demo data (yeah you will have people say don't use demo blah blah blah, that will just detract from the point..forward test)
Give yourself time, patience is key, work on tuning that strategy.

ready?..right, give it a go on real.
when you've done all that, or are having problems, just pm me and I'll help if I can

thats about it in a nutshell..far too much to try and cover in one go I'm afraid

Thanks

Forget peoples thoughts and views. These will only screw you up.

Start from anywhere you like, there is no defined 'beginning' when it comes to trading and the correct way to start.

Find your own way because no one will be able to help you find yours.

3 pointers to work on.

Where to begin? Take an I.Q test, preferably a few of them and specifically Culture Fair IQ Tests. You can buy good books on how to boost your I.Q from Mensa and they have tests in them. If you consistently score above 130 then you probably are fit for this profession, if don't then you should find something else to do with your time and money.

This is where I started..

104960274.jpg

Hi,

Best piece of advice I would give is to start a journal and record everything about the reasons that lead you to make each trade. Then at the end of each day/week/month go back and see which trades worked, which didn't and the reasons for both.

Then you can look for correlations and areas to improve, slowly tweaking your strategy to profitability. It takes a lot of time and discipline but I wish I'd done it when I started and saved a huge amount of time and money in the long run...

Cheers.

get yourself into a basics class, most brokers have such and there are lots of free stuff online. Take a full TA course and once you are baked, demo for some months till when you can consistently make some pips...by then you will be knowing what to do next

The task ahead of you is as follows:
"You need to SEE the invisible" and "You need to KNOW the unknowable".....but yet, there is no YOU!

A profound and interesting post. Trading involves more than just seeing with the naked eye, it also requires 'seeing' with the mind's eye.(y)

Go long. Wait for a pullback, any one will do. then go long on any market index. Easy money and only 5 minutes per day.

You can be earning over £2k per week using this secret method that real city traders do not want you to know.

Remember just go long.

What is going on guys. It looks someone don't like others posts. Is it really bad if anyone share some information from other source? I mean if it is valuable , it should be ok.

Isn't that clairvoyance?

Would you say that a snooker player lining up for a shot is a clairvoyant?

What about a chess grandmaster who is thinking and planning 3,4,5 moves ahead of their opponent?

Would you say that a snooker player lining up for a shot is a clairvoyant?

What about a chess grandmaster who is thinking and planning 3,4,5 moves ahead of their opponent?

Just pulling your leg, I know what you mean.

Although if you look at the literal meaning of clairvoyance and not all the baggage that comes with it, then you could say that your snooker player and grandmaster are clairvoyant. You have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

That's why I asked the question in the way I did, it can be interpreted in different ways depending on your perception. In other words, I was planning a few steps ahead to get to this point.