Where to begin?

Interesting points. For many years I was involved in Psychometric testing, not the cheap and cheerful stuff that has no basis in any form of personality analysis, the real stuff as accredited by the British Psychological Society.

My 'subjects' were salespeople and managers.

Anyway, this thread has got me thinking, I wonder if there is any such test for would be traders. I did a quick search but most of them were fluff, what I'm talking about is a test based on thorough analysis of the personality traits that make traders successful, translated into questions that would then form the basis of the test.

I can't believe this has not been done. Anyone know of anything like this?

Interesting points. For many years I was involved in Psychometric testing, not the cheap and cheerful stuff that has no basis in any form of personality analysis, the real stuff as accredited by the British Psychological Society.

My 'subjects' were salespeople and managers.

Anyway, this thread has got me thinking, I wonder if there is any such test for would be traders. I did a quick search but most of them were fluff, what I'm talking about is a test based on thorough analysis of the personality traits that make traders successful, translated into questions that would then form the basis of the test.

I can't believe this has not been done. Anyone know of anything like this?

Van Tharp has a product, but it looks as if its based on the basic Jung 16 character trait idea, but tweaked to be a bit more trader oriented.

I might be wrong, I think he has a formal psychology background, so it could be based original research

Psychometric testing was certainly popular when I was a new graduate, and in the early stages of my career (I never knew if they where testing me because they hoped to find more people like me, or to ensure they didn't get lumbered with a clone) I'd be amazed if it wasn't used in the industry.

Only a trade2win thread could start "please help me trading" and be overrun by the usual egos who blow themselves with the various hiring techniques they use.

Absolute quality. No wonder this place is known as the zoo.

Only a trade2win thread could start "please help me trading" and be overrun by the usual egos who blow themselves with the various hiring techniques they use.

Absolute quality. No wonder this place is known as the zoo.

I'm not sure what you mean by this D70, where's the evidence of egos blowing themselves? It seems a pretty reasonable discussion to me, not in the best place i'll grant you but that does not make it a zoo.