Where is Roberto?

pb

Is Roberto OK? He hasn't been around for more than a month now.

I hope he is well. He is a good man.

My Roberto tale as follows..............

A few months ago I heard about a small company called Epiphany who are a very reliable trading outfit who trade for very rich clients managing forex accounts from the Isle of Man after placing trades for these elite clients they send out the trade details to subscribers for £139 per month these 'signals' were always very reliable with1000 pips per month the norm.

To even be on the list in order to receive these signals you had to know somebody connected to one of the rich clients so there membership was closed to mere mortals like myself.

I discovered that Jana on Moneytec, Timnn on Moneytec used them to provide their main trading income and they gave me the email address of the Director John Wilson. I exchanged numerous emails with John Wilson he promised me that I would be able to join the service from April as they were opening up the signals to new members.

Roberto stated he knew somebody who received their signals and could vouch for them he also was on the waiting list to join the company.

Then just as Epiphany were due to start this new service John Wilson stopped answering emails. Jana and Timn disappeared from Moneytec and Elite Trader and also stopped answering pm's and emails from myself and others.

I private messaged Roberto who got back to me saying he would speak to his friend and let me know what was going on within a couple of days.

Since that time he has also disappeared. Now either its me wot smells funny ) or there is something fishy going on, lol.

So if anybody see's two Latvians called Jana and Tim with Roberto driving ferrari's around please let me know so I can find out why I was excluded from the exclusive Epiphany Club.

Your post implies (may or may not be intentional) that Roberto is involved in dubious activites.

While I cannot comment on this specific case, I have always found him a helpful, honest and genuine person. I don't know many other full-time traders on T2W who would divulge their full trading methods to completely unknown people. See his thread on 1-2-3 method. Even before that he had told me and at least one other member (both strangers to him) how he trades.

If he doesn't return to T2W for health or personal reasons, he will be missed.

pratbh said:
Your post implies (may or may not be intentional) that Roberto is involved in dubious activites.

While I cannot comment on this specific case, I have always found him a helpful, honest and genuine person. I don't know many other full-time traders on T2W who would divulge their full trading methods to completely unknown people. See his thread on 1-2-3 method. Even before that he had told me and at least one other member (both strangers to him) how he trades.

If he doesn't return to T2W for health or personal reasons, he will be missed.

I don't believe my post implies any such thing it is a factual account of what actually happened with regards to my dealings with Roberto and Epiphany I have also always found him to be very helpful up to the point documented strangely enough Jana and Timn were also strong advocates of the 1-2-3 method from the Joe Ross Books on trading. I exchanged a lot of pm's with Roberto and helped him with some of my methods also.

Metamorphosis the Dr. Who way

schoe said:
I don't believe my post implies any such thing it is a factual account of what actually happened with regards to my dealings with Roberto and Epiphany I have also always found him to be very helpful up to the point documented strangely enough Jana and Timn were also strong advocates of the 1-2-3 method from the Joe Ross Books on trading. I exchanged a lot of pm's with Roberto and helped him with some of my methods also.

Bet Roberto is now Socrates ;)

I'm surprised no one's mentioned that Roberto was in the Big Brother House, but since he's been evicted no doubt he'll be back here on t2w.

sounds like a huckster/vendor has gone bust.

happens every day - usually by following their own recommendations after believing their own 'charming' snake oil!!

charliechan said:
sounds like a huckster/vendor has gone bust.

happens every day - usually by following their own recommendations after believing their own 'charming' snake oil!!

Great to see so many positive posts on this topic, in true T2W community spirit.

pratbh said:
Great to see so many positive posts on this topic, in true T2W community spirit.

may i suggest you read the education of a speculator by niederhoffer. there is a chapter there all about scam artists, snake oil, hucksters and other con merchants. quite elaborate explanations also on how they ply their trade in attempt to hoodwink the gullible.

i must say that after a few years in this business i can see what victor is getting at.

what i understand from this thread is that there was a seemingly friendly and helpful character, who also happened to tout 'a friends' business/tip giving service. am i right?

im not saying that every friendly helpful person is a huckster of course, but simply that we must keep our wits about us, and not be surprised by the unexpected 'fat tails'.as some call them

charliechan said:
what i understand from this thread is that there was a seemingly friendly and helpful character, who also happened to tout 'a friends' business/tip giving service. am i right?

I don't know mate. I have known him for a fairly long time and he never tried to sell me anything, quite the contrary. <Remainder edited out...unproductive comments>

Last edited:
He was incompetent anyway

Take a look at the 1-2-3 thread and he gets the 1, 2 and 3 points wrong right off the bat. Then he goes onto tell us how his friend trades 1-2-3's on 5 min charts and out of 4000 trades had on %10 losing trades.

The guy is sooooooooooooo dodgy. Why would you want to look for him? That's like trying to find a waiter who spilt a tray of drinks all over you!

There are many poeople here in this forum who are genuine and Roberto was not one of them. :cheesy: