When are my best trades?

I recently retired from a salaried job. But I've been trading for 25+ years. Now I'm trading for a living and I'm making more money per day that I ever did on a salary.

My best, most likely to succeed, trades are when I establish a position just before the equity market opens at 9:30 ET and I ride all the volume that pours in. Sometimes I add to the position.

Only at the open can you count on the market to go in a particular direction (mostly). After the initial surge, profit taking becomes something to deal with and I don't want that hassle.

When I end up losing money for the day it is most likely because I get greedy and try another trade after the initial surge.

So, I've set a profit goal and if the 1st trade gets me there, I shut down the computer and walk away. Sometimes my trading day is over in 5 minutes. I always use limit orders, even in a fast moving market. I never 'Join the Bid' or 'Join the Ask' because there's no telling at what price the order will be executed.

I use Volume, RSI, Exponential Moving Avg, and Bollinger bands.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks