What's your ambition re trading?

Ok, it won't guarantee success but it is a good start; when things go wrong, if you're just in it for the money, you will give up more quickly.

That point is also BS, sorry yet again. Why don't you say that to all those fat cat investment bankers riding on their bonuses? I just watched dispatches on channel 4 a few hours ago and it was horribly unpleasant viewing.

I am totally certain that there were a lot of people who knew what was going to happen but the bonuses they got and the "everyone is having a party" mentality got in the way, because at the time everyone literally was having a party if they were the ones dishing out the money. I am also certain that there were savvy people who played the whole thing to their own ends and left when the collapse came, and they expected it.

I would hazard a guess that nearly everyone here got into this game because of the need to make money. And unlike other bulletin boards where advice from individuals at the top of their profession is freely given away without making the readers "work for it", here it is it the total opposite.

You forget that not everyone is motivated by money. I am talking about people in general, not just in one specific industry.

If you just learn a skill to make money, on days when you aren't feeling your best or when you've got problems to deal with, you'll feel like you can't be bothered.

The counter is also true that there are people who are not here because they are not interested in trading/the economy/stockmarkets/etc, and yet they would like to be rich, too.

Last edited:
Good words TempTrader, although I personally believe you could have worded it nicer, you obviously dont mince words.

My 2 cents for what its worth is that anyone getting into the market trading game has to be doing it for the money, this has to be the ultimate goal and although I see perfectly what others are saying with regards to enjoying it, absolutely true. But try saying this after a lenghty service doing it.The markets are not fun, there not enjoyable unless your winning and thats not always the case. The markets are and can be painful at times and others can be exhilarating. In a nut shell, life in the markets are just like the markets. UPS AND DOWNS.

Money (lots of it), fast cars, even faster women, mansions, holiday homes - I WANT IT ALL, AND I WANT IT NOW :!::devilish::LOL:;).

Last edited:
I honestly believe that you get whatever you want from life...

Order it up...

Let go...

Wait for order delivery.

That's it.

Simple as that.

If you believe the worlds a bad place that's what it is.

If you believe in wonders that's what works.

Every Night and every Morn
Some to Misery are born.
Every Morn and every Night
Some are born to Sweet Delight.
Some are born to Sweet Delight,
Some are born to Endless Night.

-William Blake-

How can it be possible that everybody gets what they want from life ?

Parallel Universes are one pretty good explanation, each one of us has his own Universe to do with as they see fit, and, outside of ourselves, everything is just window dressing.

Anyway, believe that you can, and you can, believe that you can't, and you can't.

One does get what one wants out of life either way.

;-)

I honestly believe that you get whatever you want from life...

Order it up...

Let go...

Wait for order delivery.

That's it.

Simple as that.

If you believe the worlds a bad place that's what it is.

If you believe in wonders that's what works.

Every Night and every Morn
Some to Misery are born.
Every Morn and every Night
Some are born to Sweet Delight.
Some are born to Sweet Delight,
Some are born to Endless Night.

-William Blake-

How can it be possible that everybody gets what they want from life ?

Parallel Universes are one pretty good explanation, each one of us has his own Universe to do with as they see fit, and, outside of ourselves, everything is just window dressing.

Anyway, believe that you can, and you can, believe that you can't, and you can't.

One does get what one wants out of life either way.

;-)

I'm not going to say I'm sorry, I'll simply say that I don't subscribe to all this self help crap.

And when did one's willing came into the concept of parallel universes? When the concept was first proposed where was this "oh, and you could have changed it" attitude come in? The answer is, again, you are talking rubbish. It actually was never there. Ha . . . an example of certain theories/concepts that theoretical physicists come up with that has been *******ized by the ego centric self help mob - oh and it's a mob alright!!!

Perhaps we ought to tell the dinosaurs that because of this theory of parallel universes if that meteor didn't hit the earth they would be where we are.:whistling. What is gone is gone, there is no evidence that we could have changed things or have the "choice" at the time, that's why Darwinian theorists introduce the concept of historical accidents.

That point is also BS, sorry yet again. Why don't you say that to all those fat cat investment bankers riding on their bonuses? I just watched dispatches on channel 4 a few hours ago and it was horribly unpleasant viewing.

I am totally certain that there were a lot of people who knew what was going to happen but the bonuses they got and the "everyone is having a party" mentality got in the way, because at the time everyone literally was having a party if they were the ones dishing out the money. I am also certain that there were savvy people who played the whole thing to their own ends and left when the collapse came, and they expected it.

I would hazard a guess that nearly everyone here got into this game because of the need to make money. And unlike other bulletin boards where advice from individuals at the top of their profession is freely given away without making the readers "work for it", here it is it the total opposite.

shutup-dvd.jpg

A: This board is full to the brink of great money making advice.

If you can't find anything to make money trading here the problem lies, as always in life, in the one with the problem, but most definitely nowhere else.

B: Change your attitude. Stop being jealous of others that have more than you, just stop wasting time even thinking about others, and stop wasting time being so defeatist, no-can-do and negative, just start getting a plan on how to get where you want to go, and then just go out there and do it.

Last edited:
A: This board is full to the brink of great money making advice.

Not true, new_trader will confirm that with me. The really good posts are the ones the get the most rudeness and aggressive reactions. And why should anyone give their edges away for free? What can be done is the ones in the know make you work for it to see what it is that they are trying to tell you

If you can't find anything to make money trading here the problem lies, as always in life, in the one with the problem, but most definitely nowhere else.

Again, totally airy fairy stuff being expounded. I don't think we will ever know, and that's what makes it sooooo tedious and interesting a response like this

B: Change your attitude. Stop being jealous of others that have more than you, just stop wasting time even thinking about others, and stop wasting time being so defeatist, no-can-do and negative, just start getting a plan on how to get where you want to go, and then just go out there and do it.

What's there to be jealous of? I'm not even defeatist, but a man must know his limits and move on. Ever read "My life as a Quant", Mr Derman realised after a time he couldn't hack it as a physicist so he move onto wall street. I guarantee you, if he had the CHOICE, he would have wanted to be a great physicist, instead he made tonnes of money being a financial engineer.

Mate, trading is simple, trading isn't rocket science, don't overcomplicate totally simple stuff.

systemquote.gif

You just need to know where to look, winners beget winners, losers beget losers, in short, nothing succeeds like success, but if you hang around wafflers and losers you mustn't be surprised at a lack of success.

Anyway, you can if you think you can, you can't if you think you can't.

Life is simple, trading is simple.

Just get on with already, or move on and call it quits.

But there is really nothing more boring than boards where those who can't try telling those who can why they actually shouldn't be able to.

Ok, it won't guarantee success but it is a good start; when things go wrong, if you're just in it for the money, you will give up more quickly.

That makes no sense to me. If you are good at it and make progress, you will likely stick to it even of you are doing it purely for the money and I am sure every body is doing it just for the money.

But there is really nothing more boring than boards where those who can't try telling those who can why they actually shouldn't be able to.

I never said anything of the sort. Don't quote me out of context. I state you can't WILL things to happen because you WANT to, which is something you find hard to grasp.

Mate, I'm honestly not interested by what you do or think or say, I normally never spend time around negative, whingeing people.

Just because YOU can't will things to happen doesn't mean that that applies to anyone else.

One hall mark of those who can't is a tendency to always project their own shortcomings onto others.

You can if you think you can, YOU can't because you think you can't.

It looks like the only thing we're learning here is that different people are motivated in different ways. Happy trading!