Dealing role at Hedge Fund

speaking of hedge funds, can you switch from a market maker to a hedge fund i you're good? not to trade, but to grind out numbers etc...

I'm guessing he got a rude awakening as a result of the recent slience. I thought it was outrageous at how picky he was being, considering his lack of experience and the current economic environment. He should've been biting their hand off even getting a chance to interview, and there's no doubt about what you said GammaJammer regarding him interalising his negative biases, they were sure to come out in the interview. No average grad/newbie is going to get a say on direction speculation trades, he should've viewed it as a chance to get in the industry and attain some relevant experience for his ideal roles down the line. What a muggins.

Thanks for your contribution Barry.

They did call me into a face-to-face interview with them. I'm still waiting to hear back. But I do accept that the job market is pretty crap at the moment and the opportunity is a good one.

Thanks for your contribution Barry.

They did call me into a face-to-face interview with them. I'm still waiting to hear back. But I do accept that the job market is pretty crap at the moment and the opportunity is a good one.

Well done on getting called back, and i'm glad you're now viewing it as a good opportunity.

equally make sure you keep checking blackberry, and tell him to hush while you close some positions for a vast profit!!

Sorry to re-ignite the post, but i am on tenterhooks, what happened to the hero in the next episode? Did he turn out to be the greatest fighter pilot in the navy?

All that aside, this setup sounds a bit archaic - getting signals from algos but doing the execution manually. Most of the execution analyst roles i've heard of involve basically doing nothing, then ringing up someone else when the algo goes wrong.

Sorry to re-ignite the post, but i am on tenterhooks, what happened to the hero in the next episode? Did he turn out to be the greatest fighter pilot in the navy?

All that aside, this setup sounds a bit archaic - getting signals from algos but doing the execution manually. Most of the execution analyst roles i've heard of involve basically doing nothing, then ringing up someone else when the algo goes wrong.

It's actually quite common, a lot of hedge funds that work on a systematic based stratedgy still leave the execution of the trades down to pure discretion from a trader.