What's this Elliot Wave Indicator for the FX market all about?

Long on USD/CHF entry at 5pm (uk) 11/10 @ 1.2504 still open

again no signal on my charts anywhere near 12noon est/5pm uk .....

Attachments

• USDCHF 11th Oct 1145.jpg
    USDCHF 11th Oct 1145.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 235
  • USDCHF 11th Oct 12noon.jpg
    USDCHF 11th Oct 12noon.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 267
  • USDCHF 11th Oct 1215.jpg
    USDCHF 11th Oct 1215.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 271
but guess what...I have one @ 13.45 :rolleyes:

Attachments

• USDCHF 11th Oct 1345.jpg
    USDCHF 11th Oct 1345.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 288
Carpe:
None of the above is designed to challenge u, but is merely to highlight the extent of the diffferences in signals received via marketscope charts! I am very new to TA and charts, so if u or anyone else can see anything that I have wrong, pls feel free to correct me. I would be interested to know if anyone else checked ur trades and if so their results. As previously stated, I have uninstalled, deleted, re-downloaded and re-installed both FXCM and the plug -in twice now and still the signals are decidedly "iffy" :(

Alliance, MarketScope charts are not currently reliable. Trying to work with them (until the very early hours of the morning!!!) and compare your signals with anybody else's is I fear, not going to yield anything worthwhile - other than the fun in playing with charts.

I admire your resolve in attacking this problem and the hours & energy you're putting into it, but I'd focus my attention on either getting those basic system inds ported to another platform, or using a different system, or getting FXCM to get some energy behind sorting out MarketScope.

Or all three!!!

In any event, MarketScope should be out-of-bounds at the moment - it's a waste of your time.

Alliance,

I do not take this as a personal attack, It maybe the case that the charts are unreliable, some people are getting the signals and others are not, if that is the case as it seems to be then indeed Bramble is right, people should not use them until the issue can be resolved.

I have an idea. i will go back over my charts this evening and check if the data/signals have changed. if they are showing something different then thats proof enough, if not i will post them so you can see.

Regards
CarpeUK

Tony:
Agreed! I confess to being a lil like a dog with a bone on this ....but since no-one else had responded to Carpe's post, I was thinking perhaps everyone else had the same signals and it was just me either reading the manual or the charts wrongly! I wanted to check that out by posting what I had. The "night shift" was prolonged by being on dial up and the horrendous time it takes for charts to upload :(

Carpe[/B
some people are getting the signals
again, (a statement not a challenge), I am not aware of anyone else who is getting correct profitable signals!

Alliance, like yourself I am using dial up.
(Arran is not on the telecommunications forefront sadly)

But there's no need to suffer slow charts etc.

Download Onspeed (25 quid for a year --bargain!)
http://www.onspeed.com/

I could not do without this, allows me to run all manner of sites and platforms simultaneously.
Try it and you will not go without it, I assure you. Disclaimer--I have no connection with this product!
Full details on the process explained on the site. Your night shift will be much more fun!!

alliance said:
Tony:
Agreed! I confess to being a lil like a dog with a bone on this ....but since no-one else had responded to Carpe's post, I was thinking perhaps everyone else had the same signals and it was just me either reading the manual or the charts wrongly! I wanted to check that out by posting what I had. The "night shift" was prolonged by being on dial up and the horrendous time it takes for charts to upload :(

Carpe[/B

again, (a statement not a challenge), I am not aware of anyone else who is getting correct profitable signals!

Hi alliance,

in the early days, I posted signals from 4xtrend. Unfortunately nobody really responded either agreeing or disagreeing with my findings, so I stopped.
It would have a useful exercise to ensure we all saw the same signals.

Also, 4xtrend triggers signals at any time of the day or night.
The advantage of JTs breakout system is that it is triggered at a definite time of day, and then you leave it ! ( there is a wonderful structure and simplicity about that ).
( I was using the breakout as a baseline test ). This also fell by the wayside, as the rules changed when Carpe used MAs to exit. I was no longer comparing one definite system with another !!
Oh well....

alliance said:
Tony:

Carpe[/B

Alliance yesterday I did have a quick look for Carps signals on marketscope charts - could not see them and left it alone on the assumption that the charts are not reliable.

4xTrend email response

This is the unusually speedy response I received from 4xTrend after my latest communication - apologoes if no-one is interseted in this.

Dear Tim,

Hello, this is Tammy Vasallo from 4xtrend.com. Brian Campbell is away on business right now. He won't be checking his email until tomorrow. I have left him a note to answer your questions. He should be able to help you with whatever you need at that time. Thank you for your patience.

Have a Nice Day,
Tammy Vasallo - Customer Service Representative

Be sure to check out www.4xtrend.com. The brand new Advanced Option Strategies manual is now available. The updated 4xtrend education manual (8th revision) is also currently available. You can get both trading methods(plus a bonus report) in the Ultimate Trading Package.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 4xTrend indicators and refund
Date: Tue, October 12, 2004 6:03 am
To: [email protected]

Dear Brian
I stll haven't had a response to my email of last Thursday - if you are unable
to provide me with ANY reliable way to trade the Elliott Wave System which I
purchased from you then please immediately refund me; unless I hear from you within
24hrs I shall obtain a refund through my credit card company.
Thank you
Tim Cannell

This is the unusually speedy response I received from 4xTrend after my latest communication - apologoes if no-one is interseted in this.
Tim et al:
Strange that he wasn't "away on business" when he replied last night to my 3rd [email protected] the one mentioning ( tnx Trendie!) persuing him via my Credit Card company! I

I apologize for the delayed response. I just found out that I was using a message filter that was supposed to send certain messages into my personal folder, but they were going into the trash instead! I just found out about this today. I am not sure what your questions were in your other 4 emails, I was deleting them every time I emtpied my trash folder.

I would be happy to answer whatever questions you have with the utmost priority. Please put the phrase "Brian Please Help" in the subject line to get top priority. I am finishing my work online for the day right now. I won't be online until tomorrow. I'll answer any questions you have at that time.

Thank you for your patience,
Brian Campbell - 4xtrend

btw, I had c+p'ed all my em@ils into this one which he answered, so he must have seen the questions..... I think he is just playing for time :rolleyes:

Hopefully his "utmost priority" will be later this evening uk time!

Torch:
Many tnx for the info, but Broadband is due to go live here by 22nd Oct...so my order is in :)

Trendie:
Tnx for info and pm ..much appreciated!

ajnath:
Tnx for the confirmation re Carpe's trades v my charts :)

All,

I did look back at the charts yesterday and this is what i found.

GBP/USD & EUR/GBP had not change but i was unable to find the other so yes i agree there is a problem with the charts.

Please take a look at the attached and you will see the signals i got.

Regards
C

Attachments

• GBP-USD.doc
    66 KB · Views: 367
  • EUR-GBP.doc
    66 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Carpe:
Thanks for posting those...the difference is now clear for all to see :(

(btw, no further em@il from Brian despite his assurances that he would answer my questions "with the utmost priority" almost 48 hours ago)!

A slight annoyance with 4xtrend website
The first time you go on the 4xtrend website a pop up appears saying this will be a once only.
This is not a once only if you delete 'index.dat' file this will reappear.

alliance said:
Carpe:
Thanks for posting those...the difference is now clear for all to see :(

(btw, no further em@il from Brian despite his assurances that he would answer my questions "with the utmost priority" almost 48 hours ago)!

Alliance,

i am going to contact him either later this evening or tomorrow. I will keep you posted

Regards
C

I have been trying marketscope charts and asked FXCM if there is a probem with them, they say they are OK.

But then they would.
If the charts start to work will the 4xtrend system be ok.

Hi Marthart,
If u read thru this thread u will see copies of both an em@il and an excerpt from the fxcm training course both stating quite clearly that the marketscope charts are unreliable etc etc. Perhaps u should ask fxcm to comment on those statements. With regard to your question......as the charts are unreliable no-one knows for sure :(

Will the system be ok?
The problem is I guess that revelations about Marketscope and elusive Mr.B.Campbell etc have somewhat dampened the original charge of group energy.

It seems nobody (as things stand) is willing to provide the time commitment for properly testing a system which really does require you to be seriously glued to the indicators for long periods for a suitably extended trial period. Which is quite understandable.
Basically because there's now too much of a whiff of shoddy BS about it all.

Therefore we're getting no closer to whether or not it can live up to its claimed stats..
Remember it promises 54% success rate and a 1-2.66 r/r ...(Malibu beach house territory).

Nevertheless, I'd imagine most of us would rather see a 'fix' solution than a 'refund' solution, would that be right folks?

Are FXCM saying the charts are NOW fixed/OK or just that they are 'OK' in general?

Well you know what they are like when you talk to them.

"We are not aware of any problems at this time, we fix any bugs as soon as they develop,It is a free charting package perhaps who would be better with a upgrade, Have a nice day"

But overall they had a sort of none committal, they are working.
Pity, it sound interesting to have a elliot wave system.