What's this Elliot Wave Indicator for the FX market all about?

Mark Hellikson said:
Snaily,

How'd JT's "cable" system do for you this last week?

Thanks.
Mark,

JT's £ Trader system that is being sold for £300 lost 72 pips this week. SO for fisrt three weeks its is up 80 pips.

Let me ask you something: Who cares if the Marketscope charts might be faulty, if according to Carpe, the system makes money? Maybe this is the SECRET altogether: These indicators work just great on faulty Marketscope charts and will not work with any other chart package. Not that Brian meant to make this happen on purpose, maybe this is just a crazy side effect that these indicators make money with faulty charts, in other words need the faulty input? I put this, I admit, crazy thought up for discussion.

Tekunda said:
Let me ask you something: Who cares if the Marketscope charts might be faulty, if according to Carpe, the system makes money? Maybe this is the SECRET altogether: These indicators work just great on faulty Marketscope charts and will not work with any other chart package. Not that Brian meant to make this happen on purpose, maybe this is just a crazy side effect that these indicators make money with faulty charts, in other words need the faulty input? I put this, I admit, crazy thought up for discussion.

But we dont know that using them over an extended period of time does make money :) What your saying is that they may make money by accident / fluke ? Not a system you'd want to pay money for :). I personally wouldnt trade any system that I pesonally hadn't tested to my satisfaction - I think its about taking control of one's actions and indeed having the confidence to pursue a certain course of action...

evening all.

Ok i have now managed to catch up and read all the posts. you have not heard form me because i have been concentrating on the trades to see if it is the case that the charts are crap and from my result, well let them speak for themselves.

I am still not convinced the charts dont work!

gbp/usd
00:00 (est) 5am(uk) 8/10 - long 1.7837 +146 (this did run longer then expected but as i was not at my machine i could not stop it but as you can see it ran in my favour)

eur/usd
00:30 (est) 530am(uk) long 1.2318 exit 10/08 11.45pm 1.2408 +90

eur/gbp
19:45 (est) 10/10 00:45 (uk) 11/10 short 0.6911 still open +24

Note: eur/gbp still cant get a bloody decent pip count of that bad boy!!!!

anyway as you can see i have placed in the times of the trade so all of you that have the charts check the dates and times and you will see they are perfect signals.

Just from the results alone i will continue to trade using 4xtrend.

Regards
CarpeUK

Update: forgot to mention
Long on USD/CHF entry at 5pm (uk) 11/10 @ 1.2504 still open

Last edited:
timcannell said:
But we dont know that using them over an extended period of time does make money :) What your saying is that they may make money by accident / fluke ? Not a system you'd want to pay money for :). I personally wouldnt trade any system that I pesonally hadn't tested to my satisfaction - I think its about taking control of one's actions and indeed having the confidence to pursue a certain course of action...

I agree Tim, and have asked 4xtrend for my money back on the Education Manual package I purchased a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Hello Bramble, you say you are still trading the 4xTrend when you get a chance.
Have your results improved at all since the first days results you posted, which didn't look very healthy at all?
It would be really useful if you could give an idea, particularly as you were trading it live, albeit with 'fun money'?

One thing notably missing from this thread are results apart from Carpe's, which could give an idea about how much further this thing is worth pursuing.
Carpe, to pre-empt any offence, I am NOT suggesting you are being selective with the results you are posting. But it would be reassuring to see other users getting positive trades.
(Myself, I am not keen to spend time working with FXCM stuff, but will definitely muck in with some decent roadtesting on other platforms if we get the formulae etc, as I said before.)

Mark Hellikson said:
I agree Tim, and have asked 4xtrend for my money back on the Education Manual package I purchased a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for their reply.

Mark,

I know I said I would treat the £30 as a acceptable cost, and not pursue refund, but ...
Instead of chasing 4xtrend, try getting your credit card company to chase them for you.

You bought something in good faith.
It turns out that since the package upon which it runs is suspect, you can argue it is not "fit for purpose".
You can also claim that you have asked 4xtrend to reply, they have not returned your calls.
( this can be seen as a breach of contract, in the sense they have failed to take steps to respond to a legitimate query ).

I got my refund from the credit card company after 3 days !!

Its all roses here :)

Mark Hellikson said:

I also have not recieved a reply from Brian re the 'formulae or manoey back' ultimatum

trendie said:
Mark,

I know I said I would treat the £30 as a acceptable cost, and not pursue refund, but ...
Instead of chasing 4xtrend, try getting your credit card company to chase them for you.

You bought something in good faith.
It turns out that since the package upon which it runs is suspect, you can argue it is not "fit for purpose".
You can also claim that you have asked 4xtrend to reply, they have not returned your calls.
( this can be seen as a breach of contract, in the sense they have failed to take steps to respond to a legitimate query ).

I got my refund from the credit card company after 3 days !!

Its all roses here :)

Okay, thanks for the info Trendie. I really appreciate it!

Torch said:
Have your results improved at all since the first days results you posted, which didn't look very healthy at all?
It would be really useful if you could give an idea, particularly as you were trading it live, albeit with 'fun money'?

One thing notably missing from this thread are results apart from Carpe's, which could give an idea about how much further this thing is worth pursuing.
Carpe, to pre-empt any offence, I am NOT suggesting you are being selective with the results you are posting. But it would be reassuring to see other users getting positive trades.
(Myself, I am not keen to spend time working with FXCM stuff, but will definitely muck in with some decent roadtesting on other platforms if we get the formulae etc, as I said before.)

Torch,

no offence taken :) the reason i am selective with my trades is because i trade part time, i dont have to trade everyday therefor i can wait a day or 2 (if i have to) for the right signals before trading. admittedly i have tried other things and trades have failed but with 4xtrend i trade what i see. i encourage others to test it as i am unable to trade it full time. The thing i cant work out is when the signals appear just trade it, thats all i have been doing, ok i have changed my exit strategy but thats it. Since all this has come about i have now added MA's to my charts just as an added confirmation and so far so good.

I have no reason not to post my losing trades, i have no vested interest in 4xtrend. my biggest losing trade has to be on eur/gbp no matter what i see on the chart it always goes against me. 90% of my losing trades has been down to my own error, (getting excited and reading the signals wrong) but now i have a more calm approach, i am only trading a demo account and i dont have to trade all the time so i have no pressure.

hay all i can do is say sorry to people who think this was a waste of money and dont use it but in my opinion it has not been used long enough for me to push it to one side because i have been doing well with it.

CarpeUK

...talking of losing trades, i am just about to take a hit on usd/chf...time to get out it think :)

Hi Carpe,
Thanks for the update on your trading!

Can I just check a couple of things with u....(all my timings are per charts i.e. est)

gbp/usd
00:00 (est) 5am(uk) 8/10 - long 1.7837 +146
Entry @ 00:00 on Fri 8th Oct....what chart timeframe pls?

eur/usd
Entry @ 00:30 on what date and timeframe pls?

eur/gbp
Entry @ 19:45 on Sun 10th Oct......timeframe pls?
(Also, Although UK forex opens on a Sunday @ 16:00 est, "technically" US would be closed I think (?) so should that signal be taken)?

anyway as you can see i have placed in the times of the trade so all of you that have the charts check the dates and times and you will see they are perfect signals.
I am endeavouring to do just that ;)

Update: forgot to mention
Long on USD/CHF entry at 5pm (uk) 11/10 @ 1.2504 still open
[/QUOTE]

again, would be grateful for chart timeframe.

Many tnx

Torch said:
Torch, I continue to trade the AOS system. I don't trade the Basic system due (a) to FXCM bottle-neck/instability and (b) too little spare time for research on this nature.

As for posting results: for it to be meaningful I would have to do it on a regular basis (daily or weekly) and undertake to be available for and take all the signals offered. I can't do this (see 'spare time' issues above). My primary trading activity gets priority. Plus I have a number of non-trading interests in life...

I can say that as complex as the AOS procedure is I have had significant success with it and am currently doing well on ANYTHING against the Yen...

2 trades still active.

I can only reiterate that the style of trading AOS is much longer term than I undertake in my 'normal' trading setups, but I am still so impressed with the lateral thinking adopted to formulate this system.

That alone once transmuted into developing finer accuracy in my standard trading methods has been well worth the effort and time. The financial investment into these system was minimal obviously.

Alliance,

All trades are done on a 15min chart. I have the times in est & uk just to help others work it out but when you are looking on the chart you will see it in est.

Also you are a little incorrect with the FX times. FX trading resumes again in NY at 2pm so thats 7pm(UK) time.

Just because the USA is not trading it does not mean the smaller players like ourselves should not trade. Like today, it is a USA bank holiday but still the markets moved, in a more consistent direction may i add :)...not so many people pushing and pulling the markets.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Regards
CarpeUK

CarpeUK]

Also you are a little incorrect with the FX times. FX trading resumes again in NY at 2pm so thats 7pm(UK) time.

Carpe:
Tnx 4 the info re timeframes :)
Tho I know forex is a 24/7 instrument, my understanding was that the SB's at least, stop trading forex from Fri 21:00 and resume Sun 21:00 ...hence my assumption that the US would be the usual 5 hours behind i.e. trading starting @ 21:00 est (02:00 uk) Thank u for putting me right :eek:

Carpe:
I am now cross- eyed checking ur trades with my charts.....results as follows:

gbp/usd
00:00 (est) 5am(uk) 8/10 - long 1.7837 +146 (this did run longer then expected but as i was not at my machine i could not stop it but as you can see it ran in my favour)
GBP/USD:
I have no signal anywhere near to 00:00!
see attached charts:

Attachments

• GBPUSD 7th Oct 2345.jpg
    GBPUSD 7th Oct 2345.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 274
  • GBPUSD 8th Oct 0000.jpg
    GBPUSD 8th Oct 0000.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 370
  • GBPUSD 8th Oct 0015.jpg
    GBPUSD 8th Oct 0015.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 239
....tho I have one @ 02.00 :rolleyes:

Attachments

• GBPUSD 8th Oct 0200.jpg
    GBPUSD 8th Oct 0200.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 338
[eur/usd

I see ur signal @ 00:30 no probs, however I also see sell signals @ either 07:00 or 07:15 depending on how whether u take -0.0000 as the signal or wait til below zero, so I have 123.11 or 123.17 as exit. With an entry of 123.18 thats -1 or -7 here not +90 :confused:

Attachments

• EURUSD 8th Oct 0700.jpg
    EURUSD 8th Oct 0700.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 254
  • EURUSD 8th Oct 0715.jpg
    EURUSD 8th Oct 0715.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 241
eur/gbp
Again I see your entry,but see exit signalled @ 05.15 with open price 0.6903 next hit @ 06:00. With an entry of 0.6911 thats +8 here not +24 and not still running (at time of ur post) :(

Attachments

• EURGBP 11th Oct 0515.jpg
    EURGBP 11th Oct 0515.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 256