What's this Elliot Wave Indicator for the FX market all about?

Buk said:
quick question guys, and apologies if this has already been discussed........but does this system/method incorporate any trail guidelines/stake grading?.....or is it simply an individual, discretionary choice?

Buk,

I assume you are referring to 4xtrend (educational manual) and not The Advanced Options Strategy or JonnyTs Breakout. if this is the case trails & steak grading is left down to the individual. The system is designed for screen watching not just placing a trade and walking away. There are some suggestions in the book if you want to place a trade and walk away but it is not recommended.
As for the Advanced Options Strategy i must agree with Bramble, its very clever. I have not had chance to trade with it as yet ( still need to understand a few things) but as from next week i will stop using the educational manual (just for a week or so) so i can get to grips with the AOS.

Before anyone decides to buy the AOS (IMHO) you need a little more knowledge/experience with FX as it is a lot more involved then the educational manual.

Hope this helps
CarpeUK

Carpe,

yes I was referring to 4xtrend....sorry! & (intraday/15min plays), have of course been underlined & well covered ;)

:eek: has been an awful long day/week, and these soggy brain cells can only absorb so much input :|

appears to kicking up a bit of interest, hope it delivers the goods ;)

Buk said:
Carpe,

yes I was referring to 4xtrend....sorry! & (intraday/15min plays), have of course been underlined & well covered ;)

:eek: has been an awful long day/week, and these soggy brain cells can only absorb so much input :|

appears to kicking up a bit of interest, hope it delivers the goods ;)

Buk,

Thats ok. just with a few people discussing the technical stuff with JonnyT's system on this post things can and will get a little confusing. :)

so far i have been doing well with the educational manual but i cant trade it everyday.

Anyway its the weekend so have a good one all.

Regards
CarpeUK

Tony Bramble - good to see you are using this system. I am sorely tempted myself. Is it easy to understand and apply in practice and are you trading via a spread betting company or broker ?

I'm 'testing' rather than 'using' the system Salty.

The basic system is very easy to understand and apply.

The AOS system is very clever and not easy to use.

I'm using FXCM for all my FX plays.

Hi All,

Hope you had a good weekend.

As i am working Late shifts all this week i get time to trade early hours of the morning and late in the evening.

Last night I had a buy signal on USD/CHF

As I am at work and do not have my charts I will be unable to monitor this trade so i have decided to take the profit and run

USD/CHF Buy @ 12532 and just closed it @ 1.2634 +102

Well this is the first time i have ever traded USD/CHF so it will be keeping an eye on this form now on :)

Regards
CarpeUK

P.S whilst writing this i see it has just shot up to 1.2663 (could have made another +29) but hay i cannot complain)

Just thought I’d let you all know that I have bought both the education and advanced option strategy manuals. Looks quite interesting but 1 thing puzzles me.

The education manual uses the EW indicators to establish trend whereas the advanced manual suggests a different set of indicators (I won’t divulge here but anyone who’s bought the system will know which ones I mean).

Why does the author not also use EW for the advanced manual. Does this mean that the advanced option indicators are more effective than the EW indicators.

Anyone have any thoughts ?

CarpeUK said:
Hi All,

Hope you had a good weekend.

As i am working Late shifts all this week i get time to trade early hours of the morning and late in the evening.

Last night I had a buy signal on USD/CHF

As I am at work and do not have my charts I will be unable to monitor this trade so i have decided to take the profit and run

USD/CHF Buy @ 12532 and just closed it @ 1.2634 +102

Well this is the first time i have ever traded USD/CHF so it will be keeping an eye on this form now on :)

Regards
CarpeUK

P.S whilst writing this i see it has just shot up to 1.2663 (could have made another +29) but hay i cannot complain)

That's great Carpe! Way to go. Very impressive...

LevII said:
Mark,

Why don't you just buy it? It only costs peanuts - about £300.

Then you could answer all your own questions.

Alternatively, just e-mail JonnyT. I'm sure he would be delighted to correspond with you.

Levll,,

Right, I did try corresponding with JT, but didn't get much of a response. Perhaps he's busy with other things... That's why I was hoping to get more detail from Snaily in this forum.

Thanks.

Congrats Carp – What time frame was your trade I can’t see it on the 15 min chart

ajnath said:
Just thought I’d let you all know that I have bought both the education and advanced option strategy manuals. Looks quite interesting but 1 thing puzzles me.

The education manual uses the EW indicators to establish trend whereas the advanced manual suggests a different set of indicators (I won’t divulge here but anyone who’s bought the system will know which ones I mean).

Why does the author not also use EW for the advanced manual. Does this mean that the advanced option indicators are more effective than the EW indicators.

Anyone have any thoughts ?
A good point. Although the AOS is mor einteresting for it's Stop and Limit setting strategy, I did wonder why they chose completely different entry setups...

What is even more interesting is that 4xtrend have just e-marketed me with a heads-up for a new FX system....

Not that I'm unhappy with having spent the time looking at it - I enjoy the research into other people's ideas and it's already paid for itself out of my 'test trade' capital ...so can't complain at all.

Bramble

Thanks for the response, have you been using the educational or AOP strategy ? How many entry signals do you get on an average day for the AOP

ajnath said:
Congrats Carp – What time frame was your trade I can’t see it on the 15 min chart

ajnath:

I can't see it on 15 or 30 mins, but assuming the signal was from the Education Strat and not the AOS, I can see it on the 60 min chart. Opened in midnight~1am period..closed 7am~8am period (methinks)!

ajnath said:
Thanks for the response, have you been using the educational or AOP strategy ? How many entry signals do you get on an average day for the AOP
I've been running both systems. I haven't been using either system full-time as I trade my main systems as a priority, but when it's quiet - I dip in and have a quick scan. So it's probably unfair to use my experience as a yardstick.

However, I've been committed to them both today (since 05:00 BST) and will post FWIW later on tonight after US market closes. But again, it's just one day so totally unusable on a statistical basis.

4xtrend systems - Oct 4 2004

Basic System
FX Pair - entry Signal - signal direction - entry trigger - entry price - exit signal - exit price

USD/JPY - 07:30 - LONG - 111.00 - 111.09 - 13:45 - 110.86 - (-23)
EUR/CHF - 00:00 - LONG - 1.5507 - 1.5512 - still open
AUD/USD - 06:00 - LONG - 0.7223 - 0.7228 - 07:45 - 0.7210 - (-18)
NZD/USD - 06:00 - LONG - 0.6698 - 0.6702 - 07:00 - 0.6686 - (-16)
EUR/CAD - 03:45 - LONG - 1.5636 - 1.5636 - 07:30 - 1.5594 - (-42)
AUD/CAD - 05:45 - LONG - 0.9149 - 0.9154 - still open
AUD/JPY - 06:45 - LONG - 80.05 - 80.10 - 13:15 - 79.93 - (-17)

Advanced Options Strategy System

FX Pair - entry Signal - signal direction - entry trigger - entry price - Stop - Limit

GBP/CHF - 07:30 - LONG - 2.2550 - 2.556 - 2.2419 - 2.2797 - still open
AUD/JPY - 06:00 - LONG - 79.9667 - 80.10 - 79.69 - 80.27 - trade not taken (insufficient R:R)

Cable not set off an 'alarm' call among that lot today Tony :?: :confused:

Tony:
What time frame were ur trade signals pls?

My 4xtrend signals today when I was around.....15 min charts (excl costs)

AUD/USD: LONG opened @ 06.00 7223 closed @ 07.30 7195 (-28)
AUD/ JPY: LONG opened @ 07.00 80.05 closed @ 13.15 7993 (-12)
USD/CHF: LONG opened @ 08.15 12614 closed @ 16.00 12643 (+29)

(JT's BO system GBP/USD stopped out -20 EUR/USD +71)

alliance said:
ajnath:

I can't see it on 15 or 30 mins, but assuming the signal was from the Education Strat and not the AOS, I can see it on the 60 min chart. Opened in midnight~1am period..closed 7am~8am period (methinks)!

Hi all.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but this week i am working late. Alliance & Ajnath it was on a 60min chart between 12 & 1. I would not normally trade on a 60min but as it was Sunday night/Monday morning, not much happens so i thought i would see how things look. I guess i am have just been luck but trading a 60min chart during trendy times i think you would miss a lot of the action.

Regards
C