What's this Elliot Wave Indicator for the FX market all about?

Mark Hellikson said:
Roberto,

I just got an e-mail from 4xtrend.com stating I need to send them my "username" 10-digit code before they can unlock my Educational Manual - Incidentally, I did send them the 10-digit code referred to in the following. When I try to run the Educational Manual prorgram I've downloaded, I get a small login dialog box, but never do I see a "username" text field. I see two lines in the dialog box one stating "Your unique 10-digit code:", and the next line that reads, "Enter unlock key". Am I missing something here?

Don't think so ... I had exactly the same as you. I sent them an email with the words "10-digit number" in the subject-line and the text said something like "Hello, I've bought your book and my 10-digit number is ...xxxxxx...., please send the "key" to unlock it", which they did (36 hours later, mind you!). I think probably the 10-digit number and the "key" equate with what people normally call "username" and "password". I don't think you're missing anything but I agree it looks like you might wait another day to open the thing :(

Roberto said:
Don't think so ... I had exactly the same as you. I sent them an email with the words "10-digit number" in the subject-line and the text said something like "Hello, I've bought your book and my 10-digit number is ...xxxxxx...., please send the "key" to unlock it", which they did (36 hours later, mind you!). I think probably the 10-digit number and the "key" equate with what people normally call "username" and "password". I don't think you're missing anything but I agree it looks like you might wait another day to open the thing :(

Okay, thanks Roberto. Putting the 10-digit code in the subject line was a great idea. I still don't know how they missed my e-mail that contained the code. Oh well...

One more thing to the group...I've stayed up at night trying to make lucrative FX trades. I traded between 9:00 PM and 2:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) in the USA. I've noticed that this may be unecessary (I'm also getting really worn out with this schedule) as there are as many (if not more) good FX trading opportunities between the hours of 4:00 AM and 9:00 AM PST...By the way, PST is 3 hours behind EST, so if it's 4:00 AM PST, it's 7:00 AM EST. Also, I believe PST is 8 hours behind time in the UK. Hope this helps!

Mark Hellikson said:
One more thing to the group...I've stayed up at night trying to make lucrative FX trades. I traded between 9:00 PM and 2:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) in the USA. I've noticed that this may be unecessary (I'm also getting really worn out with this schedule) as there are as many (if not more) good FX trading opportunities between the hours of 4:00 AM and 9:00 AM PST...By the way, PST is 3 hours behind EST, so if it's 4:00 AM PST, it's 7:00 AM EST. Also, I believe PST is 8 hours behind time in the UK. Hope this helps!

Mark,

so far the best times i have found to trade that seems to be constant is 5am to 8am (UK-BST) midnight (EST) to 3am (EST) and 3pm UK 10am (EST)

The end time may vary depending on what is happening in the market but the start times are right.

also i was thinking, i like this strategy so much and as i am unable to screen watch all the time i thought about trying to automate it, to generate the buy & sell signals using the EW indicator but i am not a programmer. If anyone who has bought the book and has programming skills please let me know, thats if you are interested :)

CarpeUK

CarpeUK,

Received my unlock-key 10 minutes ago.
A scan of the document - familiar Elliott Wave stuff.
Hope to read and digest over the next couple of days.

Particularly happy that others seem to be having success with it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

trendie said:
CarpeUK,

Hmmm...

Two days now and I still haven't gotten my 4xtrend key. This is very strange. Anyone know how I can contact the company other than e-mail?

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

I got the same reply as you this morning, saying I had to send them the 10-digit code.
Below is the STROPPY email I sent them.
I got my unlock key within 20 minutes of sending the email !!

"10-digit Number: xxxxxxxxx

Please send me the unlock key.
At no point on the email or set-up options does it require me to send the 10-digit code.
I have wasted another day.
Please send the unlock key today.

regards,"

Mark, get stroppy with them !!

trendie said:
Hi Mark,

I got the same reply as you this morning, saying I had to send them the 10-digit code.
Below is the STROPPY email I sent them.
I got my unlock key within 20 minutes of sending the email !!

"10-digit Number: xxxxxxxxx

Please send me the unlock key.
At no point on the email or set-up options does it require me to send the 10-digit code.
I have wasted another day.
Please send the unlock key today.

regards,"

Mark, get stroppy with them !!

I'll try again! Thanks for the update...

trendie said:
CarpeUK,

Trendie,

Hope you enjoy it. Once you have read it let me know as i am still trying to work out a good EOD strategy. 2,3,4 + minds are better then 1 :)

Mark,

Sorry you are having problems with your key, i must admit i did not have any but hay that is out of my control.

CarpeUK said:
Trendie,

Hope you enjoy it. Once you have read it let me know as i am still trying to work out a good EOD strategy. 2,3,4 + minds are better then 1 :)

Mark,

Sorry you are having problems with your key, i must admit i did not have any but hay that is out of my control.

Anyone know where 4xtrend.com is located geographically? If they're in the USA, I'd like to see if their BBB has any complaints filed against them.

Mark,

when communicating with them, I forwarded my "payment@4xtrend" email that I got.
It contained the order-number, my name, address etc.
That way, they could double-check that I am the correct recipient of the key.

Try again.

Forward that email showing the order-number, add your 10-digit key.
Highlight how many days you have been waiting.
Demand a quick resolution.

If you want to; say that if the matter is not resolved in time, you will contact your credit-card company, requesting a refund. ( dont say you expect a refund from 4xtrend )

( they are more worried becoming embroiled with big companies than little guys ;) )

trendie said:
Mark,

when communicating with them, I forwarded my "payment@4xtrend" email that I got.
It contained the order-number, my name, address etc.
That way, they could double-check that I am the correct recipient of the key.

Try again.

Forward that email showing the order-number, add your 10-digit key.
Highlight how many days you have been waiting.
Demand a quick resolution.

If you want to; say that if the matter is not resolved in time, you will contact your credit-card company, requesting a refund. ( dont say you expect a refund from 4xtrend )

( they are more worried becoming embroiled with big companies than little guys ;) )

I wrote them again this morning. Nothing too harsh, just that I've been waiting two days now and asked them if this was normal turn-around time. Anyway, Brian just sent me my key saying he'd sent it to me two days ago and doesn't know why I didn't get it sooner. He apollogized and asked me to communicate with him about the program once I've put it to use. Anyway, the thing is, he only sent me one key. Per their ad, I had requested two keys, one for each computer since I will be using the program on a laptop while I'm not at home. I just wrote back asking him if the one key will work on both computers. I'm beginning to think they don't read their e-mails and make too many assumptions prematurely. This is really a peculiar experience...

last 2 days trading

Hi Carpe,

I have purchased to manual (and had the key sent without a problem by the way). I just been looking at the figures for the last 2 days for USD/GBP and have had 6 straight loses, I am in the middle of a sell at the moment which i assume will prove very profitable! Can you confirm that i am intereting data correctly?

Cheers

Kbay

Mark,

The "stick" appears to have worked.
Now send them a "carrot" - thank them for resolving part of this matter in such a quick and professional manner.

Then, ask them again about the second key.
Maybe this is where they got confused.

kbay said:
Hi Carpe,

I have purchased to manual (and had the key sent without a problem by the way). I just been looking at the figures for the last 2 days for USD/GBP and have had 6 straight loses, I am in the middle of a sell at the moment which i assume will prove very profitable! Can you confirm that i am intereting data correctly?

Cheers

Kbay

KBay,

First thing, how long have you been using this? what chart time frame r u using? what price did you enter this last sell trade?

I have looked back at the chart data for GBP/USD and Oh my god, i wish i had been trading a sell today....!...who ever has traded a sell today has made some nice pips.

Ok the indicators are showing a sell. As it states in the book the ideal trade is to wait for the new numbers on the indicators to read a buy/sell.

just for demo i have entered a sell on GBP/USD @ 1.7769 lets see what happens but remember the EWO is showing 82 so there has been a big sell so there is a chance it will now revers to a buy but we will see, no point in guessing

Kbay like i said before it is easy to interpret the indicators but it will take a while to master what is going on. dont rush it ther markets will be there, the moment you try and second guess what is going on it will all go wrong....believe me i have done it :) (all on a demo account of course)

Ok before i end this post i am already 4pips up and the current price is 1.7760 (remember there is a 5pip spread on cable (GBP/USD)

update: dam!!! have i missed a good trading day today check out the 15min chart on the EUR/USD another big sell day today

Also keep your eye on EUR/GBP could be a trade coming up shortly

Last edited:
trendie said:
Mark,

The "stick" appears to have worked.
Now send them a "carrot" - thank them for resolving part of this matter in such a quick and professional manner.

Then, ask them again about the second key.
Maybe this is where they got confused.

Trendie,

The good old stick & Carrot, you gotta love it :)...thanks for helping out with mark, not sure why he is having so much trouble, everyone else seems ok .

Mark,

Let me know how far you have gotten with this key issue and if i can help i will

Hi Carpe,

i am 15 min chart frame and only looked today on the data that is available on the charts. As i said it looks to me that on the 13/09/04 and the 14/09/04 there were 2 buys and 1 sell on the 13th and 2 buys and 1 sell on the 14th. all would have lost money on the exit points.
Today looks very different and i entered(demo!) at 1.7975 and yet to exit.
i know i have lots to learn on interpretation but would like to know that i am reading the right entry and exit points.

Cheers
kbay
CarpeUK said:
KBay,

First thing, how long have you been using this? what chart time frame r u using? what price did you enter this last sell trade?

I have looked back at the chart data for GBP/USD and Oh my god, i wish i had been trading a sell today....!...who ever has traded a sell today has made some nice pips.

Ok the indicators are showing a sell. As it states in the book the ideal trade is to wait for the new numbers on the indicators to read a buy/sell.

just for demo i have entered a sell on GBP/USD @ 1.7769 lets see what happens but remember the EWO is showing 82 so there has been a big sell so there is a chance it will now revers to a buy but we will see, no point in guessing

Kbay like i said before it is easy to interpret the indicators but it will take a while to master what is going on. dont rush it ther markets will be there, the moment you try and second guess what is going on it will all go wrong....believe me i have done it :) (all on a demo account of course)

Ok before i end this post i am already 4pips up and the current price is 1.7760 (remember there is a 5pip spread on cable (GBP/USD)

update: dam!!! have i missed a good trading day today check out the 15min chart on the EUR/USD another big sell day today

Also keep your eye on EUR/GBP could be a trade coming up shortly

kbay said:
Hi Carpe,

i am 15 min chart frame and only looked today on the data that is available on the charts. As i said it looks to me that on the 13/09/04 and the 14/09/04 there were 2 buys and 1 sell on the 13th and 2 buys and 1 sell on the 14th. all would have lost money on the exit points.
Today looks very different and i entered(demo!) at 1.7975 and yet to exit.
i know i have lots to learn on interpretation but would like to know that i am reading the right entry and exit points.

Cheers
kbay

Kbay,

Before i look back at the 13/14th explain to me your entry and exit strategy?. Also are you looking at the chart patterns or the EW number indicator. If you are looking at patterns forget it, keep your eyes on the EW indicators....PM me if you wish with your entry & exit

Last edited:
I have been live trading this on just the GBP/USD, using 30 min chart. Today I got a buy signal that lost 36 pips and a sell signal that is currenlty 197 pips up. I'll get shot down for this but I'm actually just using a demo FXCM account to get the charts and my spreadbet account to trade. Today was my first live day, so maybe I just got lucky! My initial experiments with a 15min chart were not very succesful.

I have got my FXCM demo account up and running.
Looks good, with the plug-in and all.

Since we have the book, and those who dont have the book, wont be the wiser, ( hopefully ), we could post the 3 figures [x,y,z] ??
Since you would have had to buy the book to understand, we could pass on info, without transgressing copyright rules ??

Is that workable / acceptable ?

snaily said:
I have been live trading this on just the GBP/USD, using 30 min chart. Today I got a buy signal that lost 36 pips and a sell signal that is currenlty 197 pips up. I'll get shot down for this but I'm actually just using a demo FXCM account to get the charts and my spreadbet account to trade. Today was my first live day, so maybe I just got lucky! My initial experiments with a 15min chart were not very succesful.

Snaily,

first of congrats with the 197 pips. As i said in my early post today was a very very good day to trade on a sell. as for just using a demo account it does not matter you got the pips. :)

are you using the EW indicator or your own trading strategy?