Whats $ sum would a reasonably experienced trader be given to trade with at a firm?

SCFX

Hi,

Would someone be able to tell me what $ account size a trader might start on at a prop firm? I am presently trading a $50,000 sum of my own capital and would hope to get to over $100,000 for Christmas without excessive risk.

What might Saxon or another good firm offer me to start trading their own capital and what size could that be realistically increased too? I know this is a diff question and prob not a popular one with experienced prop traders but i just need to do my maths and see where i should be aiming and how quickly...........

Thanks

Charlie

how long is a piece of string ?

Theres no quick or short reply to your question, it can depend on a variety of factors

1/ What are you looking to trade

2/ You say experienced unless you have a full back log of proven trades to proove your success then just tell them "im a really good trader" doesnt help, and even so in all honesty home traders arent regarded that highly, i dont mean that as an insult by the way

3/ They wont give you an amazingly good size if your new to there type of trading software as your most likely cause a lot of fat fingers (errors) while learning to use it.

4/ Again if you trading stratedgy is different to what they use then again if you have to get used to theres then they wont give you large size.

Either way most arcades will start you very small as you are still new to them and every new person has to have there risk assesed and the easiest way to do this is to start them small see how they get on and gradually increase there size as they go on. As im sure you can understand they would rather see you cant trade at all with 2 lots rather than give you 20 lots straight away and find out then you cant trade.

Hope that helped

how long is a piece of string ?

Theres no quick or short reply to your question, it can depend on a variety of factors

1/ What are you looking to trade

2/ You say experienced unless you have a full back log of proven trades to proove your success then just tell them "im a really good trader" doesnt help, and even so in all honesty home traders arent regarded that highly, i dont mean that as an insult by the way

3/ They wont give you an amazingly good size if your new to there type of trading software as your most likely cause a lot of fat fingers (errors) while learning to use it.

4/ Again if you trading stratedgy is different to what they use then again if you have to get used to theres then they wont give you large size.

Either way most arcades will start you very small as you are still new to them and every new person has to have there risk assesed and the easiest way to do this is to start them small see how they get on and gradually increase there size as they go on. As im sure you can understand they would rather see you cant trade at all with 2 lots rather than give you 20 lots straight away and find out then you cant trade.

Hope that helped
)

It helps a little ;)

I'm actaully a little more experienced than that with institutional experience and a trading *back log*. I don't wish to use their techniques as i have my own which are right for ME. I also don't wish to use their software as my algorithms are already programmed in Esignal.. moving over to another platform would involve very large programming costs, prob in excess of £6k.. I presently use IB but would be able to move to J-Trader..

Anyway, thanks for the reply.